What's on the idiot box?

Blarghagh

There has been a lot of different Defenders teams, but the one constant was Dr Strange was the one assembling them. They can put whoever they want on the team as long as Dr Strange is involved in their creation. 2 minute cameo is all he needs.

The New Defenders were formed by The Beast.  That one formed after Dr. Strange, Hulk, Namor and Silver Surfer have to stop being The Defenders or else cause the destruction of the world. The Last Defenders were formed by Nighthawk (initially with Tony Stark as part of the 50 State Initiative, later without Stark or government approval). The Fearless Defenders were formed by Valkyrie (but it was really more of a spin-off of the FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS mini, than a continuation of previous Defenders stuff).

So there is precedence for non-Strange formed teams.

I guess they could use Daredevil as a Nighthawk replacement. I can't see them ever having Nighthawk in the MCU as he is literally just Marvel's Batman. Though it would be interesting to see them do a Squadron Supreme movie and have it outperform the Justice League one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The anticipation....

not a great version o' "in the pines."  is one o' our only criticisms thus far, which is a good sign.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

and 2016 is really being a ****e.

For the B5 fans. Garibaldi is no more.

JMS on Jerry Doyle's Death

When it came to politics, Jerry Doyle and I disagreed on, well, pretty much everything.  Politically, Jerry was just to the right of Attila the Hun.  There is a line in Babylon 5 where his character, Michael Garibaldi, suggests that the way to deal with crime is to go from electric chairs to electric bleachers.  That line is quintessential Jerry Doyle.  I say this with confidence because I overheard him saying it at lunch then stole it for the show.

Despite our differences, when Jerry ran for congress as a Republican not long after Babylon 5 ended, I donated to his campaign.  Not because I agreed with him, but because I respected him; because there was one area in which we agreed: the vital intersection between the arts of acting and storytelling.  In that respect, Jerry was a consummate professional.  Regardless of whatever was going on in his life, whether it was marital issues, a broken arm, forced couch-surfing with Bruce and Andreas or other problems, he never once pulled a prima donna on us; he showed up every day on time, knew his lines, and insisted that the guest cast live up to the standards of the main cast, to the point of roughing up one guest star who showed up not knowing his lines.  Trust me when I say that after Jerry got done with him, every day he showed up, he knew his lines.  And then some.

He was funny, and dangerous, and loyal, and a prankster, and a pain in the ass; he was gentle and cynical and hardened and insightful and sometimes as dense as a picket fence...and his passing is a profound loss to everyone who knew him, especially those of us who fought beside him in the trenches of Babylon 5.  It is another loss in a string of losses that I cannot understand.  Of the main cast, we have lost Richard Biggs, Michael O'Hare, Andreas Katsulas, Jeff Conaway, and now Jerry Doyle, and I'm goddamned tired of it.

So dear sweet universe, if you are paying attention in the vastness of interstellar space, take a moment from plotting the trajectory of comets and designing new DNA in farflung cosmos, and spare a thought for those who you have plucked so untimely from our ranks...and knock it off for a while.

Because this isn't fair.

And Jerry Doyle would be the first person to tell you that.  Right before he put a fist in your face.  Which is what I imagine he's doing right now, on the other side of the veil.

J. Michael Straczynski
Executive Producer
Babylon 5
Edited by Raithe
  • Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

RIP

I'm watching Season One of B5 for the first time an episode a week (so not gotten real far), but what I've seen of him, he has a natural charisma in the role.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

RIP

I'm watching Season One of B5 for the first time an episode a week (so not gotten real far), but what I've seen of him, he has a natural charisma in the role.

I hope you watched 'the Gathering' before Season 1 as that's the pilot episode that aired the year before.

Thanks to posters here, I did. And I'm 5 episodes (+The Gathering) in now.  So just started watching a month and a half ago.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The next episode is in my opinion one of the high points of the first season,

mostly for the subplot rather than the main one.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Been a good weekend for nerd news. I just learned Luke Cage has equal strength to Loki of Asgard. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUCRcK7QYc

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hulk's strength is rated 'potentially incalculable', the lifting power of Luke Cage and Loki is said to be 50 tons.  

Finished the first four seasons of GoT, for the first time. Never knew I committed a crime against quality programming by not watching the show until now.  

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Hulk's strength is rated 'potentially incalculable', the lifting power of Luke Cage and Loki is said to be 50 tons.  

Finished the first four seasons of GoT, for the first time. Never knew I committed a crime against quality programming by not watching the show until now.  

No my friend you committed no crime, its the complete opposite .....you have created something inspirational that many in society will try to emulate 

You resisted watching GOT for the first 6 seasons !!!  And now you get to watch it all....we all very envious  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela