Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

I can't get it to run in full screen.  Why do people give Obsidian such a hard time for buggy releases?

I guess because Obsidian makes buggy releases ? People do ride Beth hard over that as well

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've had no serious framerate drops and my GFX just makes the minimum requirement. Go figure. Set everything to medium and then cranked up all the view distance sliders to just shy of max. 

Perhaps the texture streaming is making use of my manly 32 gb of ram ?. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I just started it up before work and made it through the vault.  After leaving the vault, Fraps says I'm getting around 4-45 fps with everything on ultra with the exception of shadows on medium, because they always kill my framerate/performance.  I'm trying to look for an FOV slider, but maybe there isn't one.  No bother.  I will say, it looks pretty decent so far and I'm excited to start exploring and forget the main quest entirely lol, but we'll see how much time I get between work/family stuff.  

Also, for reference, my setup is an i7 4790 @ 3.6, 8 Gb Ram, and a Nvidia 750 ti for anyone to reference.

http://orcz.com/Fallout_4:_Perk_Chart

8 strength gives you access to Basher (more melee damage with guns).

Seems not very well thought out. There are melee attachments to rifles and such but wouldn't a melee character just use a melee weapon?

High level gun character might eventually get 8 strength though.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I seem to be having that fun of every 20-30 minutes my computer flickers and tells me everything is running low on memory and fallout 4 should be shut down.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ok, I played for an hour or so now. Graphics are definitely upgraded. They're not even close to The Witcher 3, but they have another type of quality. There's so much detail! Interactive detail! Not always pretty to look at, but they're great for making the world feel dynamic and alive.

No bugs so far, no performance problems, controls feel excellent (especially when coming to this game straight after The Witcher 3..), crafting seems interesting, the world seems large, I've already discovered two secrets gained from reading descriptions thoroughly, the tiny bit of story I've seen has been ok.

A great start! I hope it continues this way.

Couldn't get the companion app to work yet though, but I think my firewall might have blocked it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is this normal for new releases...?

http://imgur.com/AmpUpsQ

EDIT: If it wasn't clear, that was a sincere question. I don't really follow how metacritic reacts to AAA titles and the like on release.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

If you're talking about the user metacritic score, I think that's pretty normal.

it is expected given that we are talking 'bout a fallout game not made by troika... not that troika ever made a fallout game.  we fully expect the ANGARMONKIES to throw their noisome 0 metacritic scores at onlookers in the vain attempt to punish bethesda for the unmitigated gall o' making yet another fallout game.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well skimming, there were a large number of 0 to 3 score reviews that used "1997" in their opening paragraph. ;)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well skimming, there were a large number of 0 to 3 score reviews that used "1997" in their opening paragraph. wink.png

This is what I don't like. 'Fanboys' (so called) can be irritating, but I find them far less offensive than blind haters as a group. Once it becomes apparent that someone is not only actively cheering for someone's failure, but working actively and sometimes even surreptitiously for it, his statements become useless as a way to assess a title. It's the like the quote by... Voltaire? Something to the effect that some men use words solely in order to hide their thoughts.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The crafting is addictive as hell.

But the dialogue system is awful. Its no fun to talk to people. Huge step backwards compared to 3 and NV. 

I'd hoped the new system wouldn't be restrictive...it didn't have to be.  Has anyone encountered a "skill" check in dialogue or indeed anywhere else?