What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Both my online orders are "shipped" from the retailer, but still in transit with the delivery vehicle.  I hate this state of limbo.  Hopefully they arrive by tomorrow so I'll have something to play again.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

More Mordheim.

My Augur just had her arm chopped off with a greataxe.

I think I had her trained for parrying with a shield. Will need to check when she returns from the infirmary...

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I have to say that i'm really enjoying your battle reports Melkathi, Nuffle certainly seems to be against you at time however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I have to say that i'm really enjoying your battle reports Melkathi, Nuffle certainly seems to be against you at time however.

Next run was worse. At least at first. Injury wise I got lucky.

The warband set up in the ruins of an old town house. Part of the walls had fallen down, and the sisters were ready to charge out from behind the walls with a direct path to the wyrdstone field.

Only the purifier and one novice were going to set up a bit behind. Faster than the rest, they'd gather some loot behind my main deployment zone. I had set up half the warband when my purifier noticed the Plaguebearer lurking just behind the back wall of the building we were setting up in...

Daemons are extremly powerfull.

The sisters tried to make a run for it in the other direction and ran right into the mercenary warband comming from the other side.

Sister Superior Antje spurred the others on and lagged behind to bring up the rear guard. (Sisters Superior get the "For Sigmar!" ability which increases the movement of a target ally - great for heavy armoured warbands).

The Plaguebearer lumbered around the corner.

Spend the whole mission with half the warband fighting the Plaguebearer and the other half fighting the enemy proper.

How I managed to get out of it with only 3 light wounds I have no idea.

edit:

The AI needs more work and these new "neutral" daemons need some adjusting, but otherwise I can deffinitely recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed ironman xcom ;)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Caught between the rot and a hard place.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Dragon Age Inquisition. I like Descent, wish they had more Deep Roads exploration.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Out of curiosity I just checked my roster. I started my warband with 6 members. 1 Matriarch, 1 Sister Superior, 2 Sisters, 2 Novices. Both Sisters are dead. The survivors are doing...

Matriarch Delma Siegrich (Impacted Vision, Tendonitis, Near Death Experience, Light Wounds x3)

Sister Superior Antje Scholz (Impacted Vision, Light Wounds x4)

Novice Truda Sudenheim (Mysterious Ailment, Light Wounds x4)

Novice Eloise Lawchen (Chest Wound, Missing Eye, Amok, Internal Wound, Light Wounds x4)

...I guess "well" from a Mordheim point of view?

edit: updated with Truda's new mysterious ailment - cursed warlocks...

Edited by melkathi

Playing some Wasteland 2 on the PS4.  I saw three party members die in my first combat encounter all because I can't figure out how to stop them from bleeding out.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also, a minor annoyance at the % chance to hit enemies in Wasteland 2.  My squad had a guy surrounded, literally like one or two squares next to the guy.  The entire combat round my team had a 23% chance to hit him (and obviously kept missing), despite being RIGHT NEXT TO HIM.  On his turn, he simply walked up to each squad member and bashed them to death with a pipe.  Didn't miss once.

Were all your guys riflemen? They have low chance to hit close.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm pretty sure I'm buying Age of Decadence on Friday, but now I'm also think Mordheim.

Very different beasts. I think both are worth spending time and money on. The question is what style of game you are more interested in. And, Mordheim is still in early access and has a number of issues that need to be addressed - especially the AI still needs work (for example the Ogre keeps trying to walk through gaps too tight to fit it).

Were all your guys riflemen? They have low chance to hit close.

One was a sniper, one was a rifleman, one shotgun, and one pistols.  The sniper was actually a few squares away.  The other three were within 1 or 2 squares.

I would have expected better of the shotgun and pistols.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing Wasteland 2.  It feels like my party is way too low of a level for the map I'm on.  But it's not like I had time to "grind".  I got sent on this mission right away.  But I can't do a thing because my party's skill in various attributes is low.

Finished New Vegas! It felt a little like a chore at the end there, primarily cause I went for a somewhat completionist ending, so I can finally put it aside :).

Great game, although you know you're getting old when you're thinkging "it would've made a better isometric game" all the way through...

Still playing Wasteland 2.  It feels like my party is way too low of a level for the map I'm on.  But it's not like I had time to "grind".  I got sent on this mission right away.  But I can't do a thing because my party's skill in various attributes is low.

This is actually one of my main gripes with Wasteland 2, I felt like I was being punished severely for exploring and some fight were arbitrarily made much more difficult without proper in game explanation or representation.

How come a raider of the same size, equally dressed and armed can be almost 10 times as difficult to beat as someone a days walk in the other direction? Is he more badass because there's more dangerous enemies in the area? Show me that! It's just boring and frustrating to assume you have a chance only to get beaten because the game doesn't provide adequate information.

Of course this was pre-DC and early release, so that might've changed.

Fortune favors the bald.

Great game, although you know you're getting old when you're thinkging "it would've made a better isometric game" all the way through...

Nah, world design in New Vegas was rather poor, the whole game was built around its writing - and isometric games tend to flow a lot faster than first person games with a lot of exploration.

How come a raider of the same size, equally dressed and armed can be almost 10 times as difficult to beat as someone a days walk in the other direction? Is he more badass because there's more dangerous enemies in the area? Show me that! It's just boring and frustrating to assume you have a chance only to get beaten because the game doesn't provide adequate information.

Of course this was pre-DC and early release, so that might've changed.

Oh it's still in the game. Might have been toned down, and outdoorsman skill helps avoid random encounters at least, but it is quite frustrating to be given a supposedly urgent quest but being unable to finish it because those bandints are using much more powerful bullets than your bullets and have much more hardy internal organs than your internal organs. It's an unfortunate part of "Oldschool design" - altho Witcher 3 does the same crap, it's even more extreme there, so I guess it did not die off with age.

Edit: Dem grammars.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

I thought I'd take a break from Sisters and so my possessed warband got a turn:

The Purple Toe are back in town!

Yeah!

Roll on Chaos!!

You got wyrdstone on your face!

Big disgrace!

People mutating all over the place!

Mission started and the first thing is that my mutant looks out the window and sees a Bloodletter of Khorne.

The Purple Toe bravely ran the other way.

The mercenary warband was not that lucky and scavenging wyrdstone they ran straight into the daemon.

Then one of the mercs decided to turn the table on me using funky AI logic. He kited the bloodletter onto my Magister.

The Bloodletter took out my guy in one turn. Next turn he took out the kiting merc and rushed into a building and up the stairs to attack my marauder.

In hopes of saving said Marauder, one of my Darksouls raided the enemy cart and stole their idol.

Of course the mercs passed the Rout Test, giving the Bloodletter time to take out one more of each of our warbands. I tried to get the wyrdstone off the body of the afforementioned kiting merc, to meet my quota, but just before my Brethren could pick it up, the mercs decided to break and run.

Back at camp the Marauder made a full recovery.

The Magister had a Near Death experience which he survived with a Burst Eardrum and a Skull Fracture. He is now the warbands sorcerer suffering from Stupidity, and will have to pass an intelligence test to do anything.

• Like 1