Wondering what would be the funnest single class party?

How many of you tried this? A few by now, I'd reckon!

Quote this template to give share your experiences, to hypothesise their funness, or to say how you'd differentiate the 6!

A party of 6 Barbarians:

A party of 6 Chanters:

A party of 6 Ciphers:

A party of 6 Druids:

A party of 6 Fighters:

A party of 6 Monks:

A party of 6 Paladins:

A party of 6 Priests:

A party of 6 Rangers:

A party of 6 Rogues:

A party of 6 Wizards:

Wondering what would be the funnest single class party?

How many of you tried this? A few by now, I'd reckon!

Quote this template to give share your experiences, to hypothesise their funness, or to say how you'd differentiate the 6!

A party of 6 Wizards:

I'm on my very first play-through (Hard) with 6 Wizards. Currently just entered Dyrford Ruins at Level 5. Even with my lack of experience I'm finding It's fun, but getting easy already.

Pros - Lots of different ways to tackle fights

- A fight can be saved with just 1 Wiz left standing

- Great CC spells from Level 1 (Chill Fog, Slicken, and per encounter Arcane Assault is still working well)

Cons - Lots of micro management (Hotkeys help a lot)

- Too easy too fast (at least on Hard)

Toying with the idea of restarting on POTD. Playing with ways of gimping current party to keep the Hard playthrough fun, maybe respec them as all glass cannons with no armor - faster fights but more chance of dying?

• Like 1

I think the most deadly party would be 6 druids. Casting 6 relentless storm followed by 6 returning storm is an auto win. You don't even have to aim ^^

Except maybe against dragons, but you have 6 hold beast to manage this.

And Spiritshift would probably help a lot at low level.

Apart 6 wizards, I don't think 6 druids can be challenged.

Sure wizards have better CC, but when all your party has CC, you have enough CC. Damages capabilities stack better than CC and druids are slightly superior for damages.

I recently faced a party of 4 wild druids casting returning storm and they were absoluty deadly.

On the fun side, turning all your party into bears would just look so good ^^

PS: sorry not use your template but quoting on a mobile phone is rather annoying.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 2

Ciphers and casters are the most micro intensive, whereas the melee classes are just a rolling victory squad, select all and fire.

A party of 6 chanters might have almost as much micro as a whole character of any other class.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The chanters don't have to use the invocation build however. They can just put chant to death on and rotate through Illya and aoe thrasher fire damage along with 25% fire lash party buff.

That way they can kite around like a pull run and gun party, automatically damage anyone near them, and fire arquebus alphas all together at one target. The aoe invocations can be triggered manually, but the AI class is best left to off for phrase chanters.

Unless there's a script to activate the combo spells on druid, priests, and wizards (something that works with more user defined options than the AI script written by Obsidian), it's difficult to get it on an auto rotation, but the chanter's chant phrases are already automatically rotated based on user input.

Edited by Ymarsakar

I'd go with Elric on this one, six Druids would be tough to beat. I know there was someone who took a pack of rangers and bears through a playthrough. That was pre 2:0, so I'd imagine it would be so much easier now with the incredible pet buffs. Would be interesting taking 6 rangers each with a different pet. Could call the party "the menagerie" in honor of Kaelyn the dove and her everlasting battle to free the souls from a certain wall....

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

The chanters don't have to use the invocation build however. They can just put chant to death on and rotate through Illya and aoe thrasher fire damage along with 25% fire lash party buff.

But imagine they all summon something. The battlefield would get pretty crowdy and deadly.

I've done Ranger just fine. It's not the most powerful, but might win best ratio of power/micro, as very little to do except sometimes click on a caster in the back row to focus fire down. I did have to use some scrolls though for tough fights. Revive is great to sue on Pets, as it gets them up with close to full HP, with no worries of burning through Health.

• Like 1

I've tried 6 wizards PoTD but that was pretty hard and required mucho micro. Killing stuff with (grazes of) chill fog takes a long time, and you have to rest every other fight. I've abandonned the idea pretty early since it wasnt even really fun, but i guess things would be better at higher levels when you have the big nukes and per encounter lv1 spells.

• Like 1

That way they can kite around like a pull run and gun party, automatically damage anyone near them, and fire arquebus alphas all together at one target. The aoe invocations can be triggered manually, but the AI class is best left to off for phrase chanters.

Unless there's a script to activate the combo spells on druid, priests, and wizards (something that works with more user defined options than the AI script written by Obsidian), it's difficult to get it on an auto rotation, but the chanter's chant phrases are already automatically rotated based on user input.

I don't think they'd even need that. Set up A Song of Fire and Ice (Rime +Thrasher) on all of them, give them weapon and shield, Ancient Memory + Beloved Spirts, turn on summon AI and go make a sandwich.

• Like 3

"Walk away, before you get hurt." [benevolent] - Luma Akasha

Full ranger is fun, and easy enough to POTD. On a plus as mentioned above, very little micro as well.

Are there actually enough superb ranged weapons in the game to deck them out, in the end?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Till 13 and Twin Arrows, I just had Execpetional Guns+Swift Aim on everyone. By 13, I had the Godagh Bounty warbow (Sup, Speed+lash), , Cloudpiercer Warbow (Ex, Rend, JT proc, +lash), Lenas Er hunting bow (Sup, Rend, Disoerting,+lash), Persistance hunting bow (Sup, Reliable, Wounding+lash), the Sabra warbow (EX, Anni, Confuse on crit)  and of course, the Stormcaller. 

Not all are amazing, of course. The Borrisene is a good bow for more stunning, but I was on 2.0 and it's broken to give an insane attack boost, so that was out. Godagh is great, of course. Cloudpiercer is solid, but can't be made Superb, Longer the fight, the worse it gets as you only get one JT. Lenas Er doesn't do the most damage, but gives the entire team +5 Acc, and since a hunting bow and shoots faster, it gets there in time on my combat log for the war bows.

Persitence I use my sky dragon eyes on to make Superb, and while it's personal damage is unimpressive, it's used to turn on all the pets +.5 damage mod.Stormcaller is amazing, of course. The Sabra comes basically at the end of the game, where the rest you can have before you hit up Endless Paths+White March to finish the game. So, one person likely to have to slum for a bit till you kill Alpine Dragon. (Who due to the tighter arena, was much more a pain to kill for me than Adra Dragon.)

On stormcaller fun fact for it,, if on 2.0, you can just go to Twin Elms and murder all those druids in I think...Elmsong? To turn it on and max it out quick.

tl;dr

Only 2 Superb Hunting Bow +1 Superb Warbow +1 Unique Hunting Bow to upgrade to Superb. Last two rangers get Unique EX Warbows.

Edited by Teioh_White

Ciphers and casters are the most micro intensive, whereas the melee classes are just a rolling victory squad, select all and fire.

A party of 6 chanters might have almost as much micro as a whole character of any other class.

I think with 6 chanters, you'd have to start worrying about constructive and destructive interference tongue.png

The plus side is your enemies should be confused as hell when they start hearing 6 different songs being chanted simultaneously!

Are there actually enough superb ranged weapons in the game to deck them out, in the end?

If you include implements, then I would think so.

Edited by Mechalibur

The auras do not stack if they are the same. Since you have only 3 different auras, you could only use these three at the same time. Thats +ACC, +DR and +MoveSpeed. The other three would have to use other skills. I just happen to play a lvl 13 paladin with Immolation and Scion of Flame and I have to say that six oft that kind would be so devastating. But then: who isn't at lvl 13. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I did a 6 ciphers party once, before the party AI was introduced. Got as far as act 3 before I gave up. Powerful as hell, with crazy tactics (imagine what a web of 6 ectoplasmic echoes can do) but the micromanagement needed was way too much for me.

I will probably try a full ranger party next.

• Like 1

I do not think one can beat the game with a party of 6 rogues, on POTD.

There are almost always more than 6 enemies, none of which a rogue could duel, let alone 1v2 or 1v3.

They'd be more challenging for sure in a straight up fight but they'd be able to start with six ranged sneak attacks that'd be devastating. Give a few heavy armor and shields, a few with reach weapons, and a few with bows.

Everyone would easily have good stealth and a few in mechanics would let you use traps more than normal.

It sounds like one that'd be interesting to try. Most of the others either fall into the super easy (Wizard, Druid, Cipher, Ranger) or the monotonous (Fighter, Chanter)

Now PotD, Trial of Iron six Rogues, that I'd like to see.

• Like 1