Republican Presidential Debate

BruceVC

Bizarre though that Putin is endorsing Trump, you'd think that man would be less of the lapdog Obama was.

It's the difference between "prone to overcautious inaction" versus "prone to massive strategic blunders."

I think you confused Trump with Hilzilla. Hilzilla voted for the Iraq war, Trump was against it and his predictions came true. He also predicted both 9/11 and the reasons it would happen 19 months before.

Edit: Talk about strategic blunders. The first thing Obola did was betray two of our best allies by cancelling the missile defense system we promised them to implement, a system Russia hated, and we got nothing in return. Immediately Putin realized he was dealing with a weak ignorant half-wit. No wonder he now thinks he can have his way with the lady-boy. "Overcautious inaction"? Obola set the world on fire, now fiddles while it burns.

Can you stop being childish about people who disagree with you that you've never met? 

And for everything you might say that Obama might have done to damage our perspective in the world view, the one thing that you can't claim is that he's somehow worse than Bush Jr. In case you forgot, GW Bush was so reviled internationally that Obama got a Nobel peace prize simply because ANYTHING was more beneficial to the world community than George W.

I'm not entirely sure why this "New Cold War" rhetoric is being pushed. As much as Russia may be our opponent, militarily we can blow them out of the water with less than half our standing military. My best guess is that we haven't had an actual political regime change since the end of the actual cold War. And most of those we have running industries also entered their industries when the War was running at full steam meaning that the defense industry had a blank check to make sure we were defended against those Commies.

For comparison:

http://cigeography.blogspot.ch/2015/12/the-soviet-and-russian-navy-compared.html#more

That's the Russian Navy's fleet size as of this year. To consider them a legitimate threat to conventional militaries of the US and Nato is laughable, and yet instead we're constantly fed this rhetoric that the big bad voodoo daddy of Putin will somehow eat our souls, and crap on our beds while Obama ignores it in favor of praying to Allah in Kenya.

At the same time, Russia's economic status is based largely on selling resources to the West. Thus he's stuck in the trap that China is, if he pisses off the west to much, he winds up economically dead because the house of cards that is his economy collapses under it's own weight. The only thing that Putin has to actually trump the west, is his Nuclear stockpile, but if he hits that button he's doomed the entire world... and one thing you can say about Putin is that he's NOT that stupid.

As to the actual election, The sense I get is that as much as we see these antics within the primaries, the republicans have spent to much of the past 16 years alienating immigrants, women, and becoming more extremist, to actually have a hope when the general election hits. As much as GD may shout about how untenable it may be or what he thinks the future will hold, a rise in the minimum wage plays incredibly good to those earning less than 30k a year. As does several of the initiatives that are being proposed by the democratic side to undercut the hyper wealthy in favor of those who question how they might pay their taxes each year.

Republicans need to break themselves back down and rebrand if they don't want to be seen as a joke. They like to proclaim they're trying to make America great again, and are the party of austerity and fiscal responsibility. And yet their budget that they pushed out last week includes purchasing 68 new F35's, and a significant increase to the single largest expense we've got as a government... defense spending. We have both the largest, and second largest airforce under arms, but instead of maybe cutting that down a tad, the republican party wants to cut something like planned parenthood rather than NOT buy one of those F35's for the same annual cost.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think you confused Trump with Hilzilla. Hilzilla voted for the Iraq war, Trump was against it and his predictions came true. He also predicted both 9/11 and the reasons it would happen 19 months before.

Edit: Talk about strategic blunders. The first thing Obola did was betray two of our best allies by cancelling the missile defense system we promised them to implement, a system Russia hated, and we got nothing in return. Immediately Putin realized he was dealing with a weak ignorant half-wit. No wonder he now thinks he can have his way with the lady-boy. "Overcautious inaction"? Obola set the world on fire, now fiddles while it burns.

Can you stop being childish about people who disagree with you that you've never met? 

And for everything you might say that Obama might have done to damage our perspective in the world view, the one thing that you can't claim is that he's somehow worse than Bush Jr. In case you forgot, GW Bush was so reviled internationally that Obama got a Nobel peace prize simply because ANYTHING was more beneficial to the world community than George W.

I'm not entirely sure why this "New Cold War" rhetoric is being pushed. As much as Russia may be our opponent, militarily we can blow them out of the water with less than half our standing military. My best guess is that we haven't had an actual political regime change since the end of the actual cold War. And most of those we have running industries also entered their industries when the War was running at full steam meaning that the defense industry had a blank check to make sure we were defended against those Commies.

For comparison:

http://cigeography.blogspot.ch/2015/12/the-soviet-and-russian-navy-compared.html#more

That's the Russian Navy's fleet size as of this year. To consider them a legitimate threat to conventional militaries of the US and Nato is laughable, and yet instead we're constantly fed this rhetoric that the big bad voodoo daddy of Putin will somehow eat our souls, and crap on our beds while Obama ignores it in favor of praying to Allah in Kenya.

At the same time, Russia's economic status is based largely on selling resources to the West. Thus he's stuck in the trap that China is, if he pisses off the west to much, he winds up economically dead because the house of cards that is his economy collapses under it's own weight. The only thing that Putin has to actually trump the west, is his Nuclear stockpile, but if he hits that button he's doomed the entire world... and one thing you can say about Putin is that he's NOT that stupid.

As to the actual election, The sense I get is that as much as we see these antics within the primaries, the republicans have spent to much of the past 16 years alienating immigrants, women, and becoming more extremist, to actually have a hope when the general election hits. As much as GD may shout about how untenable it may be or what he thinks the future will hold, a rise in the minimum wage plays incredibly good to those earning less than 30k a year. As does several of the initiatives that are being proposed by the democratic side to undercut the hyper wealthy in favor of those who question how they might pay their taxes each year.

Republicans need to break themselves back down and rebrand if they don't want to be seen as a joke. They like to proclaim they're trying to make America great again, and are the party of austerity and fiscal responsibility. And yet their budget that they pushed out last week includes purchasing 68 new F35's, and a significant increase to the single largest expense we've got as a government... defense spending. We have both the largest, and second largest airforce under arms, but instead of maybe cutting that down a tad, the republican party wants to cut something like planned parenthood rather than NOT buy one of those F35's for the same annual cost.

Why are you ranting about the republican party? WoD was merely pointing out that Hillary is more prone to proposing disastrous policies than Trump and that Obama has a poor foreign policy that Putin has taken advantage of. None of this was about the democratic or republican parties as a whole. I'm sure WoD has plenty of issues with the republican's too.

BTW: The statement WoD made about Hillary is true, and it's far worse than he even described. He's also at least 1/2 right about Obama's foreign policy.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Actually I can claim that Obola is worst than GWB. GWB at least tried to fix his screw ups. Obola will never even admit that he screwed up. Do a little research about what all of Obola's former defense secretaries are saying about him, this is unprecedented in American history.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Actually I can claim that Obola is worst than GWB. GWB at least tried to fix his screw ups. Obola will never even admit that he screwed up. Do a little research about what all of Obola's former defense secretaries are saying about him, this is unprecedented in American history.

GWB is as bad as Hillary so... they're all about as bad as each other.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

It's hard to take someone seriously who uses childish nicknames for the President of the United States, and then is too lazy to even update them to be more topical.

He said he'd always call Obama, "Obola" and WoD isn't a liar.

It's hard to take someone seriously who uses childish nicknames for the President of the United States, and then is too lazy to even update them to be more topical.

He's just Wrath of Doofus...

The reason I ranted about the Republican party is because this is effectively the republican primary thread. And I have to deal with former friends who want the system to be designed to ensure the Republicans always have a chance electorally even if they never change their rhetoric or actions to match a changing landscape and population.

The reason I ranted about the Republican party is because this is effectively the republican primary thread. And I have to deal with former friends who want the system to be designed to ensure the Republicans always have a chance electorally even if they never change their rhetoric or actions to match a changing landscape and population.

Calax, I hope these former friends are not "former" because of their political inclinations. Are they? If so you need to seriously re-examine your priorities buddy. Politics is fun to talk about, even fight about, but that the end of the day a difference of opinion about political philosophy is no different than a difference of opinion of what beer tastes best, who makes the best pizza, or what sports team to cheer for.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Calax, I hope these former friends are not "former" because of their political inclinations. Are they? If so you need to seriously re-examine your priorities buddy. Politics is fun to talk about, even fight about, but that the end of the day a difference of opinion about political philosophy is no different than a difference of opinion of what beer tastes best, who makes the best pizza, or what sports team to cheer for.

No they're former friend because they were ****ty friends. And because they're 2000 miles away.

Wise words from the Texan War Hound.

Politicking is all fine and dandy and it might even get heated, but basing friendship upon it is superficial at best. If that were the case, i would've lost contact with my best friends a long time ago.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No they're former friend because they were ****ty friends. And because they're 2000 miles away.

Oh, that's ok then. To hell with them.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Politicking is all fine and dandy and it might even get heated, but basing friendship upon it is superficial at best. 

What happened to "a similarity in core values is the foundation of community"?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Politicking is all fine and dandy and it might even get heated, but basing friendship upon it is superficial at best. 

Sitting around and sniping so close before christmas? Tsk-tsk. You make it sound like you cannot have core values and similarities without having the same political leanings. Life doesn't work that way. The only exception is of course if you cannot queue. Trying to cut in line and you are forever my mortal enemy, i will hunt you down, i will find you, i will.end.you.

Merry Christmas!

Now time to read something topical, which describes Trump pretty well: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/01/the-great-republican-revolt/419118/ 

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is the rhetoric from those former friends

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and feed him for a lifetime. It is time to stop giving out fish and to start teaching people to fish. A more productive society awaits us. Sooner or later the federal government will go bankrupt, so the gravy train is going to end anyway.
According to http://www.heritage.org/federal…/budget-entitlement-programs approximatelytwo thirds of our budget go to entitlement spending and interest on the national debt. Defense is a mere 17% by comparison and is the principle function of government as stated in the constitution.

Sounds like something I might have said

Thomas Sowell

As much as it pains me to use the rhetoric, this kind of mindset reflects a distinct level of privilege.

Whereas you may see politics as nothing more than a cute little thought experiment to mull over whilst sucking down pheasant and sipping your cabernet sauvignon for the rest of us it directly affects our quality of life.

• Like 1

Personally i find pheasants overrated. I'd rather have some well done duck with cranberries and some good B-deux to sip.

The quality of life is fully on you and how well you can secure it. The only thing you need from the state is the protection of your property, personal freedom, and life and safety. Anything else should be on you. We can argue about cases when you were born disabled or became disabled due to some unfortunate event.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and feed him for a lifetime. It is time to stop giving out fish and to start teaching people to fish. A more productive society awaits us. Sooner or later the federal government will go bankrupt, so the gravy train is going to end anyway.

According to http://www.heritage.org/federal…/budget-entitlement-programs approximatelytwo thirds of our budget go to entitlement spending and interest on the national debt. Defense is a mere 17% by comparison and is the principle function of government as stated in the constitution.

But how can a man fish without equipment which he has to acquire somehow or without access to a fishing spot because said spot is owned by someone who expects more than that man has?

I agree that being able to produce for yourself(or community) is far preferable than receiving from some outside party, but it isn't like knowledge is the only, or even most limiting, component required for that.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Why not take the middle route with your "friends"?

//edit: who the **** eats pheasants? They are a pest here. They attack the reflection of the car, they run into living room windows and are generally just ****.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sitting around and sniping so close before christmas? Tsk-tsk. You make it sound like you cannot have core values and similarities without having the same political leanings. Life doesn't work that way. The only exception is of course if you cannot queue. Trying to cut in line and you are forever my mortal enemy, i will hunt you down, i will find you, i will.end.you.

Merry Christmas!

Now time to read something topical, which describes Trump pretty well: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/01/the-great-republican-revolt/419118/ 

55837af8f.jpg

What is with that guy on the right? He looks like he's about to fight his own fist.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas!

55837af8f.jpg

What is with that guy on the right? He looks like he's about to fight his own fist.

He looks like he pulled out something gross and is trying to decide what to do with it.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands