..and robot dinosaurs! What's not to love?

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

this scene's choreography is terrible

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm on it, even though Killzone Shadow Fall wasn't my favorite game. 

I'm convinced Aloy's voice belongs to Bridget Regan, from John Wick, Agent Carter, and Legend of the Seeker years ago. 

Now that you've mentioned it, Aloy has Bridget Regan's likeness and hair color as well.  Bridget Regan is actually a redhead, although she rarely plays one in TV and movies.

Edited by ktchong

That's new, creatures not necessarily appearing with full health and armor. I never noticed the old spears and missing armor plates on the big dino. How interesting, so I won't need to use the same strategies every battle with the same creatures. Some are strong and ready, some could be on their last legs.  

All Stop. On Screen.

It looks excellent. But being a PS4 exclusive.. not so excellent.

I'll still keep an eye out. I did get an Xbox 360, after all, even though I must have spent less than 100 hours total playing games on it.

Reminds me.. I really should get back to Dragon's Dogma one of these days.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Typical Human Propaganda, portraying the innocent machines as villains even as they perpetrate murder upon them.  One day you will have to face the truth that YOU are the monsters!  

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

It's been in development since 2011, according to that Wiki article.  It's set to be released in 2016.  A five year development cycle is pretty long nowadays, is it not?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 4 months later...

It's been in development since 2011, according to that Wiki article.  It's set to be released in 2016.  A five year development cycle is pretty long nowadays, is it not?

It depends how they count that five years. If that five years include coming up with idea and getting it green lighted on publisher then five years isn't atypically long development cycle. So question is how long game is developed by full team and how much of said development time is just done by prework team.

Like for example Alan Wake was in development over 7 years, but big part of that time it only had under 10 people working on it, which is why it production cost were much lower than most of the AAA franchises that have yearly releases with about 3 years development time. 

So this "primal" / roots stuff really is the next big thing. Man, I would gladly buy & play such a game with a real down to earth kind of setting, but all this mashup-sci-fi-fantasy-whatever stuff is totally turning me off.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't get what the goal of the game could possibly be. So there's open wilderness and you take down big game. But you can't eat them since they're made of metal and all that, so it's not a survival thing. Are you going to reclaim the Earth by destroying all of the robots, one-by-one, using handmade tools? Then spend the next 10,000 years or so rebuilding civilisation?

Sure, maybe the world is just a backdrop to some more personal quest, like if someone murdered your husband and stole your baby, but that kind of thing seems improbable and doesn't really line up with what we've seen. But reclaiming the world seems about as improbable as it would be if the goal of Fallout was to restore the world to its pre-apocalyptic state, or if the goal of a Vampire game was to completely eliminate every single supernatural being in the world.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think it's just a Western version of Monster Hunter

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 6 months later...