PoE expansion: The White March part 1

I think most weapon dps builds would go for SA and Carnage multiclasses. I don't think that wizard multiclass is going to be blast. And as stated all multiclass abilities will be weaker versions of original ones.

Not opening up Blast would be a missed opportunity IMO. The game already suffers from firearms being the only realistic option for ranged DPS builds. Being able to add AoE to rods would make them competitive without overpowering them.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Orlan barb with Belkar Bitterleaf personality please.

I think most weapon dps builds would go for SA and Carnage multiclasses. I don't think that wizard multiclass is going to be blast. And as stated all multiclass abilities will be weaker versions of original ones.

Not opening up Blast would be a missed opportunity IMO. The game already suffers from firearms being the only realistic option for ranged DPS builds. Being able to add AoE to rods would make them competitive without overpowering them.

I'm not opposed to this (would be quite fun actually), but with 90% probability this is going to be a spell.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Only if they carried tactics to second and third game, then I wouldn't have had to bear playing such awful combat of those games.

I made my decision to be done with the DA series the moment I played the DAII demo. It was pretty obvious it was little more than a heavily consolized pile of garbage with DA:O still fresh in my memory.

As far as tactics went, DA:O had it's problems too. Especially if you scripted the use of potions. Since they had a cooldown period, it could happen that characters were stuck in their potion loop.

I'm not very excited for the expansion at this point. Maybe I will be after Obsidian shares more information about it, but I worry it's not going to really do anything to shore up PoE's weaker aspects--specifically, the (severe) lack of sidequest content in the latter half of the game. Defiance Bay is sparse, but sufficient. Twin Elms? Absolutely desolate.

I really hope the expansion (or a content patch) focuses some on improving existing areas of the game instead of focusing everything on the new region.

I'm also disappointed we're getting one expansion split in two instead of two expansions. I mean, I won't mind as much if they confirm a Pillars of Eternity 2, but if this one game is all we're going to get, I'd rather see more than less.

I'm also worried the new companions will only be around for the White March region, and either will not be able to go into the rest of the game, or will be able to go but simply won't interact at all with the vanilla companions.

I'm also worried the new companions will only be around for the White March region, and either will not be able to go into the rest of the game, or will be able to go but simply won't interact at all with the vanilla companions.

I doubt that will be an issue.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The third new companion is probably a barbarian. So, what are you going to do? Make them an uncouth hard drinking mountain dwarf with an axe? A dour pale elf with two scimitars? They wouldn't by archetypes if people didn't like them! How about a female hippy nature godlike who talks about peace and love whilst hitting people with a giant axe? Far out, man!

A Pale Elf or Godlike (one of the kind we haven't seen yet) with a poleaxe. The White Lion fur is optional.

There's a third part?

No.

I wonder if we will get ownership of that forge and fort.  We are promised that we will learn the secret of Durgan Steel.  The Trailer also says no one has laid claim to it.  Makes me think we may get it for our own.  Wishful thinking?

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

It appears to be a cold environment. I wonder if there will an hourly fatigue penalty for those PCs unprepared for the cold?

Example: Freezing Cold Hourly Fatigue Penalty: 6. This is reduced by clothing equipped by PC (Hat -2, Cape -2, Gloves -2, Bearskin Cape -4) and by survival skill level (-.5 per level; i.e. at level 6 fatigue penalty for operating in cold environment is reduced by 3).

Likewise, if the game moves to a hot tropical environment there could be a fatigue penalty for wearing heavy metal armor.

Well, this could be a spoiler...

Are the new companions those three in the "Heroes of the White March (Booster 2)" stretch goal for the card game kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2081578473/pillars-of-eternity-lords-of-the-eastern-reach-car

They openly said that Devil of Caroc and Zahua are new companions. Ystala doesn't seem to be, but they still have the unrevealed fourth hero who's probably in White March too (maybe part 2?)

Well, this could be a spoiler...

Are the new companions those three in the "Heroes of the White March (Booster 2)" stretch goal for the card game kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2081578473/pillars-of-eternity-lords-of-the-eastern-reach-car

They openly said that Devil of Caroc and Zahua are new companions. Ystala doesn't seem to be, but they still have the unrevealed fourth hero who's probably in White March too (maybe part 2?)

Ok, I didn't know that. In fact the third one is a portrait from character creation and they are using those for other characters in the card game.

sign.jpg

Love the cannons the ogres are using as if they were pellet guns, although I would imagine it would be instant death getting hit by a cannonball, I don't care if you are Level 14 and have the most magical armor of all.  I love the little touch of seeing your party's cold breath when you enter the area. Finally a NPC Rogue... although I don't know how much sneaking around a metal construct can do without making a lot of noise. But I'm sure her Mechanics skill is above and beyond. Love all of the added tactical information (reload time clock above head, radius of your weapon's reach).

Beetles. Why'd it have to be beetles?

Love the cannons the ogres are using as if they were pellet guns, although I would imagine it would be instant death getting hit by a cannonball, I don't care if you are Level 14 and have the most magical armor of all.  I love the little touch of seeing your party's cold breath when you enter the area. Finally a NPC Rogue... although I don't know how much sneaking around a metal construct can do without making a lot of noise. But I'm sure her Mechanics skill is above and beyond. Love all of the added tactical information (reload time clock above head, radius of your weapon's reach).

Beetles. Why'd it have to be beetles?

Why Beetles?  So we can talk about how buggy the game is.  Naturally...it proves Josh has a sense of humour.

Edited by Nakia
  • Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Anyone happen to know when the expansion is going to be released?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Anyone happen to know when the expansion is going to be released?

before some person feels the need to offer "soon," we will observe that fans do not yet have a date or even an approximate date for the expansion(s) release.  am recalling obsidian as having stated that more expansion details would be forthcoming in the week post e3, but whether a release date is among such details, we cannot say.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

didn't they say the Expansion is planned for 6 months after release, so that should be this year, before X-Mas for sure. 

They also promised the expansion would be a full expansion and not some DLC, it would be like Baldursgate's and baldursgate 2 expansions were, like Throne of Bhaal and Talkes of the sword coast. These added either a whole new campaign, or like added 20 hours

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...