Movies you've seen recently

Rosbjerg

He Never Died

Henry Rollins first protagonist role is on this indie film which the makers wrote with him in mind so it fits him like a glove and its what makes the movie.

A smart quasi horror film with an interesting plot. I would recommend.

Trailer looked awesome. Nice to see it didn't disappoint.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

He Never Died.

A nice little twist of horror, drama and comedy wrapped up in a noirish bundle.

Henry Rollins as 'Jack' a social outcast, living in a rut battling depression with a mysterious past and a slight supernatural twist. Until one day, a daughter he never knew about turns up on his door and is promptly kidnapped by some local organised crime element. Hard to describe without leaving spoilers, but it has a fairly strong supporting cast to that mix of blood splattering violence all done with that slightly surreal comedic edge.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Saw three movies yesterday:

Brooklyn: It was okay and charming, the best of the three I saw yesterday.

Creed: Overrated, it is the same old formula all over again, (i.e., it is a semi-sequal to the Rocky movies, with a new boxer - Adonis Creed - being trained by Rocky, who will likely have his own series.)   I was frequently bored.

The Peanuts Movies: I do not get Peanuts or comic strips in general, and the movie did not change my mind.  I was frequently bored.

I saw the three movie with the same ticket.  I am glad I paid for Brooklyn.

Edited by ktchong

it was supposed to be shallow. they weren't going into this project with the goal of making the new Traffic, I don't think.

I actually thought some of the character scenes shouldn't have been in the movie (like the Mexican cop scenes). a better editor could've made Sicario even better. 

the camera work is absolutely stunning though. and I liked how Macer turns out to be not the main character, cute trick on the screenwriter's part

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Star Wars The Force Awakens for the second time. Its a good movie, even though I consider it a New Hope Version 2. Far superior to that prequel nonsense.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Drove an hour to see the 70mm version of The Hateful Eight by Quentin Tarantino. It was good. It was dialogue heavy (pretty typical of Quentin Tarantino), but it had a mix of elements from other Tarantino flicks, other western movies, and I saw a little of The Thing in there via that snowed in isolation that causes mistrust amongst the cast. It is a good movie. Not my favorite Tarantino movie, but not my least favorite either. Worth catching.

I especially recommend the 70mm version if you have one playing close to you. It benefits from no pre-movie commercials, no previews, a free program (typical of the old movie viewing experience), an overture, and an interlude. Seeing the 70mm experience is likely the last time you will get to see a movie in this format. So, it is more than just seeing the movie, but also experiencing a dead version of the movie going experience.

• Like 1

The Revenant.

Well made, good acting, great visuals of the landscape but it's.. hm. It's a very slow paced thing.

Not to put a spoiler on it but the first hour sets up events, the 2nd hour is DeCaprio surviving, and then the last half an hour is the resolution.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

looks like the assassins are gonna look even more inconspicuous than in the games

Lore wise I don't think they ever intended for them to be particularly secretive, what with the giant fortress and all. But rather a political movement using high profile assassinations.

Fortune favors the bald.

As long as it won't follow all the other same super heroe movie cliches.

Marvel's approach is that superheroes aren't a genre, they are a subject, so they can fit into other genres, Ant Man was a heist movie, Cap 2 a political thriller, Avengers a sci fi event movie, Doctor Strange they said is more of a supernatural horror film. Though not likely too hard on the horror since its still a marvel flick.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg