RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

That probably means you're a millennial who has never heard of usenet, Battlecruiser X000 AD nor fake/ not fake doctorates of philosophy. These things were important back in those dark, obscure days of the twentieth century when we were on dial up (using a phone to dial up an internet provider, and not like ADSL or 4G) or scumming the uni connection and used things like NCSA Mosaic or Netscape for our graphical web needs at 14.4 kbps. Yeah, kilobits per second, not megabits. People played games without mouselook or even mouses, and if you had a 640x480 16 bit display you were privileged indeed, John Carmack was making games more than rockets, Looking Glass was still around and Brian Fargo owned Fallout.

Young whippersnappers these days, no sense of history. Something something get off my lawn something something Clint_Gran_Turismo.gif something something now where did I put my teeth?

• Like 8

That's because at heart Malc, you have the unceasing thirst of an evil, internet troll. wink.png

But yes, even if you're taking that with a large dose of salt, there's a lot of valid (or potentially valid) points made about how the scope of Star Citizen has changed and everything is running overdue with some rather silly funding extras.

Well, yes, you are probably right, seeing the world burn as SC collapses and some of the backers commit suicide would give me a giggle.

Was that story about the coke machine true ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

All you youngin's are showing your age with not knowing Derek Smart. He was a huge figure of controversy back in the day. Bigger than Peter Molyneaux.

Why, I remember when Peter was seen as a visionary, rather than someone who sees visions; back in the pre 'Black and White'* era. Bullfrog did some good stuff, back then.

*Oh yeah, those horrible greenscan VDUs, wasn't sorry to see them go. They probably have hipster cred now though, wouldn't be surprised if people paid actual money to turn their iPhones into a low fi greenscan PDA with a gimmick interface based on a game. Hipsters, hipsters never change, one might say.

• Like 1

we were on dial up (using a phone to dial up an internet provider, and not like ADSL or 4G) or scumming the uni connection

those were the days... of spending an entire week to download a 300 MB torrent. don't miss them one bit

All you youngin's are showing your age with not knowing Derek Smart. He was a huge figure of controversy back in the day. Bigger than Peter Molyneaux.

Why, I remember when Peter was seen as a visionary, rather than someone who sees visions

I almost spilled my tea just now.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

we were on dial up (using a phone to dial up an internet provider, and not like ADSL or 4G) or scumming the uni connection

those were the days... of spending an entire week to download a 300 MB torrent. don't miss them one bit

Why, I remember when Peter was seen as a visionary, rather than someone who sees visions

I almost spilled my tea just now.

Bittorrent is a product of this millennium though ;)

Edited by marelooke

Roberts must have wronged Smart on a fundamental level

0.png

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Road to Gehenna an expansion to Croteam's thoroughly great puzzle game The Talos Principle is coming July 23rd.

vRoYC7s.jpg

g53oi1z.jpg

SmvlZkq.jpg

“The original plan was to divide The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna into over 100 different $5 DLCs but the Devolver Digital DLC Ethics Department advised against it,” noted Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. “That particular department has subsequently been disbanded.”

:lol:

Color me excited, I loved The Talos Principle and July 23rd is almost here.  Woohoo!

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And here i thought i'd never have to read/hear about Derek Smart again.

You don't, just skip over the posts about him.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No time to read all that stuff, can someone sum it up for me?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And any idea why?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bittorrent is a product of this millennium though ;)

I had to double check, I was using eMule at the time. and yes, that was 2002-2003. tells you just how bad Internet was in some parts of the world even then.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My carrier pigeon craps on your modem.

• Like 3

I will be devastated if this is bad.

Pun intended.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

* XPAC between BG 1 e 2.
* 2nd Ed. Rules.
* New Class: Shaman.
* Large battles with Armies.
* New Visual and Ui Effects like lifebars and etc(optional)
* Journal popups
* A more cleaner and organized Character Sheet.
* Extra Difficulty Settings, including True Hardcore.
* BIGGER THAN Tales of Sword Coast & Throne of Bhaal Together.

I wasn't expecting Siege of Dragonspear to bridge Baldur's Gate and its sequel the way it did, and I was pleasantly surprised, especially looking back from Baldur's Gate II and seeing how the mid-prequel sets the stage for events to come.
- Chris Avellone
Siege made me feel as if I'd come home after a long absence to find old friends waiting for me, with the same life and spark I remembered from when they first journeyed by my side.
- Chris Avellone

http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/

Edited by Shadow_Arms
  • Like 1

I wish they didn't lie. They claimed the ex0pansion is larger than TOB yet also claim the expansion is 25ish hours long. NEWSFLASH: TOB was longer than 25 hours, you douchebags!

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Depends on how bad you were. :shifty:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.