Is this a bug or not?

Fessels

Question

Okay a while ago I started playing a Paladin and at first I thought I would not like it, but it turned out I did. ( It is my first Character to get this far in the game. :) ) At first I did not pay attention to Faith of Conviction ( How it works. ) because I thought that it got added to the defences silently. With that I mean I thought that even though it did not show on the defences it was still added.

After the 1.06 patch got live my Paladins Defences suddenly got raised by amounts that seemed to look like those from Faith and Conviction.

Just after patch 1.06 was installed.

And it stayed like that until I reached level 10, then the defences suddenly showed up like this? ( As if FaC was gone? )

Now after reaching level 10?

Now at the time of both screenshots above, the only icons that showed next to my Paladin and the rest of the party where those of Zealous Focus and the one for Dragons Lair resting bonus, and I was not in combat? I have no explanation of what causes this, and I have no idea whether it is a bug or not? Just in case some one wants to know the active effects on my Paladin ...

Active effects. ( The same on level 9 and 10. )

The above seems odd to me, so hence my question.

Faith and Conviction bonuses apply depending on your various repuations (in other words - if your order supports a cruel disposition but you're being benevolent to everyone, then you won't get the bonus (or you'll get a malus - not sure).

Looking at your reputations on the screens, they align with your paladin's order. So if you're not getting the bonus, then it's probably a bug.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Faith and Conviction bonuses apply depending on your various repuations (in other words - if your order supports a cruel disposition but you're being benevolent to everyone, then you won't get the bonus (or you'll get a malus - not sure).

Looking at your reputations on the screens, they align with your paladin's order. So if you're not getting the bonus, then it's probably a bug.

Darn ... and last evening I also noticed that the +6 from Zealous Focus quit often seems to get removed from my Paladins accuracy? This seems to happen many times when I go from one area to another. I noticed this the first time yesterday when I went from inside the "Path of the six" ( I think that is how it is called. ) to the outside area Heartsong? Although the accuracy of my Paladin drops from 77 to 72, so I am not 100% certain it is Zealous Focus ... especially since the icon from Zealous Focus still shows next to the portraits of the entire party. But it is the only reason I can think of, because when I exit to the main menu and then reload the savegame then once Zealous Focus activates ... my Paladins Accuracy is back to 77? ( Until I go to another area. )

Faith and conviction is only applied in combat (it also shows under active effects in the character screen then), could that be it?

I just tried to pick a fight and see if Faith and Conviction got added once combat started ... but unfortunately it did not get added to my Paladins defences nor did it show up under active effects during that time? :( 

No one further?

tested this jic.  took a random save with a paladin pc.  deflection were 109 before battle.  faith and convictions boosted to 120 at start of battle. is working okie dokie for us with a zealous focus tank.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Always a good idea to upload your savegame so people can have a look. Please post it via a website like sendspace https://www.sendspace.com/

Nice portrait btw ;)

Doh I hat uploaded a savegame to my Mediafire account yesterday, and then I forget to place it here.  :banghead:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rqfug84i6t00fae/Paladin+Firja+Savegame.7z

My Paladins portrait is part of this package on the Nexus. :)

Godlike Portraits

No one further?

tested this jic.  took a random save with a paladin pc.  deflection were 109 before battle.  faith and convictions boosted to 120 at start of battle. is working okie dokie for us with a zealous focus tank.

HA! Good Fun!

Well now I do not know whether to thank you or not ... on one side you proved that is not a bug so that should please OE. On the other side your test shows that their is/might be something wrong with my Paladin.  :bat:  :)  I just hope it is nothing serious and that I can safely finish the game with my Paladin. ( Despite what I mention in this thread. )

Edited by Fessels

could still be a bug.  our paladin is a wild orlan with cautious attack and zealous focus active.  am knowing he has outworn buckler armed and the shame or glory sword, but honestly, we don't recall all his gear.  we made certain that no active abilities or talents other than the aforementioned cautious attack were, well, active?  'course that not mean that a passive ability or piece o' gear you got ain't influencing different than are the abilities of Gromnir's paladin.

*shrug*

we are current with the most recent build via steam.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

LoL third person.  :grin:

But I get it, I will try tomorrow if deactivating Zealous Focus after combat will make a difference. And I am also on steam ( Under Windows 8.1 ) with the 1.06 patch.

But I get it, I will try tomorrow if deactivating Zealous Focus after combat will make a difference. And I am also on steam ( Under Windows 8.1 ) with the 1.06 patch.

duno. there were any number o' odd aura bugs, but have never heard of zealous focus inhibiting faith & convictions.  IF zealous focus were the problem, simple disabling might not be enough to clear the problem.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76862-i-found-a-new-way-to-fix-the-rogues-reckless-assault-stacking-bug/?p=1651130

link contains a fix that works for many modal problems, but your issue appears different as it ain't stacking related, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

duno. there were any number o' odd aura bugs, but have never heard of zealous focus inhibiting faith & convictions.  IF zealous focus were the problem, simple disabling might not be enough to clear the problem.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76862-i-found-a-new-way-to-fix-the-rogues-reckless-assault-stacking-bug/?p=1651130

link contains a fix that works for many modal problems, but your issue appears different as it ain't stacking related, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

Well I am not sure if it is the cause, it is just that ZF was one of two icons that where active on my Paladin and the rest of the group?

I will try and see what happens when I use the method you linked to.

Edited by Fessels

Okay I wanted to see if one of the items I have equipped on my Paladin hat anything to do with the drop in accuracy that I mentioned in a previous post.

1 ) I went back to Cad Nua ( No particular reason, I just did. ) and went in the chapel.

2 ) I removed all equipped items from my Paladin and then saved the game.

3 ) Then I quit to the main menu, and reload that test savegame.

4 ) I equipped one item and then saved again.

5 ) Again i quit to the main menu and then reloaded the test savegame. 

6 ) Then I activated Zealous Focus ... checked it was listed in the active effects list.

7 ) After that I left to Chapel and once outside I checked to see whether the accuracy was still the same as it was inside.

8 ) If it was I went back inside ... deactivated Zealous Focus ... equipped a second item ... saved the game.

I kept doing that until I found two things of which I do not know if they are intended or not, but I find them odd enough to mention here.

* The first thing I noticed was that when I equipped the Outworn Buckler, my Paladins defences where raised by +5 as it should ... BUT all companions also hat their defences raised by +5? Is this by design or not?

* The second thing I noticed and the reason for my Paladins accuracy dropping when switching area's. When I equipped the "Tiny Animat" pet, my Paladins accuracy some how got raised from 66 to 71. And then if I went outside, the +5 from that pet where gone. So why have a pet give extra accuracy to the player, if it disappears any way when switching area's? I tried this also with the Piglet ... Black and White cat and that tiny white wurm, they all did the same thing.

After that I hoped that some how the thing with the pets in my game where also responsible for the problem I have with Faith and Conviction ... but unfortunately that is not the case. So I solved the accuracy problem, but not the problem with Faith and Conviction. :(

Still looking for an answer to the Faith and Conviction problem with my Paladin. I did send a PM to a Developer about two days ago and asked if some one of their team could drop by and see if they can help some how. So far none have dropped by ... now I realize that they have more to do to say the least, but I will not give up on my Paladin. 

Hello.  I've downloaded your save and am taking a look to see what I can do.  The Outworn Buckler adding +5 to the whole party has been entered into our database and will be looked at by the proper team.  Pets adding accuracy is also a known bug and is in our system.  I will take a look at Faith and Conviction to see if I can reproduce this issue.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello.  I've downloaded your save and am taking a look to see what I can do.  The Outworn Buckler adding +5 to the whole party has been entered into our database and will be looked at by the proper team.  Pets adding accuracy is also a known bug and is in our system.  I will take a look at Faith and Conviction to see if I can reproduce this issue.

Thank you so much celliott, hopefully you can see what causes the problem I have with Faith and Conviction.

Why is Outworn Buckler giving the entire party 5 Def a bug?  Isnt that what the HERALDRY enchant does?  Little Savior has the same enchant and does the same thing.  I have not had your Faith and Conviction issues yet so cant help there.

Have gun will travel.

Why is Outworn Buckler giving the entire party 5 Def a bug?  Isnt that what the HERALDRY enchant does?  Little Savior has the same enchant and does the same thing.  I have not had your Faith and Conviction issues yet so cant help there.

Well I just noticed that Outworn Buckler did that and asked if it was by design or not? And since celliot entered it in the developers database, I assume that it is a bug? ( I guess that is up to the development team to decide. )

he must not be familiar with the enchant (can happen) they work on many different things..he also said by the proper team so its obviously not his team.  but I CAN say that Outworn Buckler AND Little Savior have the HERALDRY enchant and they do the same thing.  They give 5 of ALL defense to the wearer and the party.  It is a unique  shield enchant to both of those shields!  Again HERALDRY is only on 2 shields as an enchant and they the same thing.

Read the description of the shield.  It states how the Darcozzi who held the shield inspired EVERYONE around her.  That's that the shield does improves everyone's defense.  I will PM Celliot.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

What I have found with Outworn Buckler is that, while it seems amazing (especially for its level), once you get in combat, it seems to suppress the effects of items on your party members that raise defenses. I don't know if this is intended or not. I guess you could argue that it balances out an enchant that would otherwise be overpowered, and maybe no change is necessary. However, wow would it be sweet if it stacked lol.

Edited by Nobear
  • Like 1

What I have found with Outworn Buckler is that, while it seems amazing (especially for its level), once you get in combat, it seems to suppress the effects of items on your party members that raise defenses. I don't know if this is intended or not. I guess you could argue that it balances out an enchant that would otherwise by overpowered, and maybe no change is necessary. However, wow would it be sweet if it stacked lol.

Hopefully we will get an answer from the Developers.