Everything's Great - An anti-whinge Part 1

Ah yes. Seems I hit a nerve with you. Maybe what I'm posting is hitting close to home? Possibly even shades of the green eyed monster because other people are reasonably happy and doing well with their lives. How about actually quoting me and keeping it in context instead of making stuff up? And no, Barothmuk never answered my questions. Never go full retard 213374U, never go full retard.

And that's what this thread was supposed to be about. Something positive that people could relate to. Someone like Guard Dog seems to be doing well with his life. He's had his ups and downs and seems to be at a stage where 'everything's great' for him. And what I mean by that is even if you have problems in your life and everyone does, overall, life is pretty good for a lot of people. Yes, life is also crap for a lot of people too. But this was meant to be a thread for those who are enjoying life, at a stage in their life where things a good and focusing on the positive things in their lives. Hence the thread title.

But please continue to go on your crusade of negativity. Don't let me stop you.

Hit a nerve? You? That's rich. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a bulldozer, bud.

Don't pat yourself in the back so hard, you'll hurt yourself. Looks like you are desperate to show everyone how happy you are despite... whatever. And especially despite the fact that overarching societal problems and personal satisfaction aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. The thread had already been derailed before I started posting here, I simply replied to what other folks were saying. You don't like topics evolving beyond whatever you had in mind? Toughen up and deal.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And yes I did get "extra money"  in my life....if your parents paying for your education is considered " extra money" but everything I did around my career is what I did on my own :)

Heh, yes, that is a huge leg up.  I worked my way through college and I'm still paying off one of my loans for tuition (10 years into my career.)  I'm extremely thankful that my parents were able to help out with part of it.  I would be struggling under even more debt without that. 

I worked my way through college (part of why it took me a decade to do).  What my parents did though, was allow me to live at home while taking classes until such time as I could afford to move out.  Which meant that not having to immediately deal with paying for housing, combined with starting out at a low cost two year college, getting part-time jobs and getting a scholarship, I was able to begin saving money towards being able to support myself when I did move out while also advancing towards my degree all the while not taking any loans out at all.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And yes I did get "extra money"  in my life....if your parents paying for your education is considered " extra money" but everything I did around my career is what I did on my own :)

Heh, yes, that is a huge leg up.  I worked my way through college and I'm still paying off one of my loans for tuition (10 years into my career.)  I'm extremely thankful that my parents were able to help out with part of it.  I would be struggling under even more debt without that. 

I worked my way through college (part of why it took me a decade to do).  What they did though, was allow me to live at home while taking classes until such time as I could afford to move out.  Which meant that not having to immediately deal with paying for housing, combined with starting out at a low cost two year college, getting part-time jobs and getting a scholarship, I was able to begin saving money towards being able to support myself when I did move out while also advancing towards my degree all the while not taking any loans out at all.

Sounds like you  also had a privileged background...you could stay at home much longer than others and hence could save more money which meant you weren't burdened and crippled by these excessive educational loans that the rest of us are inflicted with. Nice privilege there young grasshopper  :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hit a nerve? You? That's rich. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a bulldozer, bud.

Don't pat yourself in the back so hard, you'll hurt yourself. Looks like you are desperate to show everyone how happy you are despite... whatever. And especially despite the fact that overarching societal problems and personal satisfaction aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. The thread had already been derailed before I started posting here, I simply replied to what other folks were saying. You don't like topics evolving beyond whatever you had in mind? Toughen up and deal.

Yep, really hit a nerve with you. That's okay bud, you can wallow in your societal world problems and sky is falling way of life.

I'm not desperate to show everyone how happy I am. I started a thread for people to post about the good things in their lives. But we have the likes of you coming into threads because you know 'life sucks' and this is how threads derail. Funny that you say to me to toughen up and deal. Sounds like you need to take your own advice and toughen up with life and deal with it.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

I worked my way through college (part of why it took me a decade to do).  What they did though, was allow me to live at home while taking classes until such time as I could afford to move out.  Which meant that not having to immediately deal with paying for housing, combined with starting out at a low cost two year college, getting part-time jobs and getting a scholarship, I was able to begin saving money towards being able to support myself when I did move out while also advancing towards my degree all the while not taking any loans out at all.

Sounds like you  also had a privileged background...you could stay at home much longer than others and hence could save more money which meant you weren't burdened and crippled by these excessive educational loans that the rest of us are inflicted with. Nice privilege there young grasshopper  :p

It was a privilege. One I'm thankful for every day - no matter how bad things are, I don't have to worry about financial debt from student loans that will never, ever go away except by being paid off.  I just have to worry about everything else. :p

It was hard being a teenager in college living with his parents (but not in the basement - thankfully I avoided that cliche ;)) until I was stable financially and could look at other options.  But it was ultimately one of the best things they ever gave me. 

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yep, really hit a nerve with you. That's okay bud, you can wallow in your societal world problems and sky is falling way of life.

I'm not desperate to show everyone how happy I am. I started a thread for people to post about the good things in their lives. But we have the likes of you coming into threads because you know 'life sucks' and this is how threads derail. Funny that you say to me to toughen up and deal. Sounds like you need to take your own advice and toughen up with life and deal with it.

Where did I say "life sucks"? In this thread or elsewhere? Or posted anything that can be construed as such?

Yeah. Seeing how it's just you who got that impression, and after explaining it to you using short words in simple sentences, I'm finally convinced that it's pointless to keep on trying to get anything through your thick skull. Good luck in elementary. Maybe in a year or two you'll stop trying to get the square peg in the the round hole.

Final piece of advice: the thread isn't your property. People aren't going to talk about what you tell them to the way you want them to. Better get used to this...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Where did I say "life sucks"? In this thread or elsewhere? Or posted anything that can be construed as such?

Yeah. Seeing how it's just you who got that impression, and after explaining it to you using short words in simple sentences, I'm finally convinced that it's pointless to keep on trying to get anything through your thick skull. Good luck in elementary. Maybe in a year or two you'll stop trying to get the square peg in the the round hole.

Final piece of advice: the thread isn't your property. People aren't going to talk about what you tell them to the way you want them to. Better get used to this...

You really do have a problem don't you. So much negativity and woe in the world in your life from your posts. So much world problems and societal problems and everything else has problems such as the price of fish.

But that's okay. Your posts show I'm dealing with someone who's either wallowing in the mire that is your life. Or you could still be in diapers and about to start elementary in a year or two and still coming to terms with life as a new born baby.

And I never said this thread is my property. And I never told anyone what they should post. People can post what they like. I would find it odd that if there's a thread like JadedWolf's thread on what makes you happy and someone decided to post something that gets them angry and derails the thread, then that comes across as a little silly imo. Sure they can post anything they want, but what's the point? To prove that you can post anything you want? Bravo! Thanks for that insightful point on being able to post anything you want in a thread on the internet, regardless if it derails it. Maybe you'll get to enjoy some positivity in your life.

I'll note that I copied this thread title from another forum and I'd have to say the other forum had positive comments and people being happy with their life, their kids, etc. Focusing on the positive. Overall, people enjoying their lives. A forum where the threads are closed for length after 2000 posts (100 pages) and the current thread is up to Part 3 page 47. I decided to create the same thread here expecting something positive and the total opposite happened.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Now....KISS!

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'll note that I copied this thread title from another forum and I'd have to say the other forum had positive comments and people being happy with their life, their kids, etc. Focusing on the positive. Overall, people enjoying their lives. A forum where the threads are closed for length after 2000 posts (100 pages) and the current thread is up to Part 3 page 47. I decided to create the same thread here expecting something positive and the total opposite happened.

To be fair, the 'what you did today' thread is a very positive thread filled with both lighthearted stories from the day, and supportive posts when life gets hard.  It has been going on forever.  

But yeah, we do have a pretty strong contingent of negative nellies lately.  :p  

Last few pages reminded me of something one of my friends posted on Facebook or Myspace or something

http://imgur.com/gallery/h82vC

Which one are you ? Richard or Paula...maybe a combinatation, most of us are a combination

I didn't mean it as a direct comparison of anything that's been said or to my own experiences. The last few pages just reminded me of the cartoon and I wanted to share it.

Free games updated 3/4/21

You really do have a problem don't you. So much negativity and woe in the world in your life from your posts. So much world problems and societal problems and everything else has problems such as the price of fish.

But that's okay. Your posts show I'm dealing with someone who's either wallowing in the mire that is your life. Or you could still be in diapers and about to start elementary in a year or two and still coming to terms with life as a new born baby.

And I never said this thread is my property. And I never told anyone what they should post. People can post what they like. I would find it odd that if there's a thread like JadedWolf's thread on what makes you happy and someone decided to post something that gets them angry and derails the thread, then that comes across as a little silly imo. Sure they can post anything they want, but what's the point? To prove that you can post anything you want? Bravo! Thanks for that insightful point on being able to post anything you want in a thread on the internet, regardless if it derails it. Maybe you'll get to enjoy some positivity in your life.

I'll note that I copied this thread title from another forum and I'd have to say the other forum had positive comments and people being happy with their life, their kids, etc. Focusing on the positive. Overall, people enjoying their lives. A forum where the threads are closed for length after 2000 posts (100 pages) and the current thread is up to Part 3 page 47. I decided to create the same thread here expecting something positive and the total opposite happened.

Wow, you really are obtuse, aren't you? Is this due to your missing chromosomes or were you dropped on your head at birth? To what degree does it get you disability benefits?

Again: I did not bring up the issue of doom and gloom in your precious puppies and sunshines thread, that was someone else. Hell, I even liked GD's post about simple things that make him happy, despite disagreeing with his last line. You smugly posed a question, on the laughably incorrect supposition that since you go through life smiling like you're both titular characters in Dumb & Dumber, nobody has any real problems. I responded providing precise examples that prove how disconnected from reality you are, and you cherry picked the answers and became fixated on "the price of fish". This sort of idiocy has a name, that I'm sure the eminent Internet Psychiatrist Hiro Protagonist is familiar with: anal retentiveness.

Basically your posts in this thread except for the OP can be summed up as "Waah waaah mommy the meanies stole my thread" and "lol u mad?". Forget what I said about going back to school, it just wouldn't be fair to slow down class progress enough to accomodate for the very special kind of attention you require.

Now....KISS!

I know you're testing me, but I'd never cheat on you!

Now....KISS!

It's quite all right, Messhugger has a cuckolding fetish.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Now....KISS!

It's quite all right, Messhugger has a cuckolding fetish.

Goddammit, everything i do comes firing right back. Oh well, better just go with it, here's the background music i had in mind:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Now....KISS!

KISS sucks, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow, you really are obtuse, aren't you? Is this due to your missing chromosomes or were you dropped on your head at birth? To what degree does it get you disability benefits?

Again: I did not bring up the issue of doom and gloom in your precious puppies and sunshines thread, that was someone else. Hell, I even liked GD's post about simple things that make him happy, despite disagreeing with his last line. You smugly posed a question, on the laughably incorrect supposition that since you go through life smiling like you're both titular characters in Dumb & Dumber, nobody has any real problems. I responded providing precise examples that prove how disconnected from reality you are, and you cherry picked the answers and became fixated on "the price of fish". This sort of idiocy has a name, that I'm sure the eminent Internet Psychiatrist Hiro Protagonist is familiar with: anal retentiveness.

Basically your posts in this thread except for the OP can be summed up as "Waah waaah mommy the meanies stole my thread" and "lol u mad?". Forget what I said about going back to school, it just wouldn't be fair to slow down class progress enough to accomodate for the very special kind of attention you require.

Wow, nobody can't be as stupid as you. I can't decide if you're doing this on purpose or you really are stupid. You decide.

It may not be you who first brought up the doom and gloom but you did continue with your doom and gloom. And I didn't smugly pose a question on any incorrect supposition. That's you jumping to conclusions. Also, if you read my posts which clearly you haven't, I don't go through life smiling and thinking nobody has any problems. Another one of your jumping to conclusions. And you didn't provide any examples that you think I'm disconnected from reality. The one who's not only disconnected but has serious issues with other people is you. I'm sure you can get some professional help with that.

It's okay 213374U, I can understand you don't like to post anything positive in a thread created for people to share anything positive in their lives. Maybe you can create a thread on all the societal world problems and how the sky is falling. Maybe throw in how the price of fish is affecting your day to day life.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The princess and the frog was ruined by the alligator and that stupid bug. The movie still wouldn't have been great, but at least it would have been good. It's just like how the hunchback of notre dame was screwed up by those stupid gargoyles. Hunchback is good, but those crappy gargoyles prevent it from being great. Oh well.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I'm trying to be positive here, man. Or...at least as positive as I can be. :mellow:

...but yes, PatF wasn't exactly my ideal Disney movie.

Here, then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVlGESh9Mc

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Eh, I liked the bug. But then I liked the movie pretty well - maybe not Disney's best, but still a lot of fun.

EDIT: Been so long since I seen Tangled, I forgot that song...

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I mean, i didn't hate it...at the very least, I still have the soundtrack for it, which says something.

And, again, I know we're supposed to be positive...but I've never liked Aladdin. And, while we're at it in case we're posting any more Disney songs, I've never liked the Lion King, either. Something about the music in both I've just never cared for. :(

EDIT: Been so long since I seen Tangled, I forgot that song...

Tangled is probably my third favorite 3D animated film, after Frozen and WALL-E. :p It doesn't have as many "wow" moments as Frozen, but it doesn't have as many "wot?" moments, either. It was merely consistently good, IMO. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

Eh, I liked the bug. But then I liked the movie pretty well - maybe not Disney's best, but still a lot of fun.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCwEDIT: Been so long since I seen Tangled, I forgot that song...

Apparently Spielberg would call Robin Williams during the production of Aladdin to have him tell jokes to the cast and crew of Schindler's List to cheer them up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands