Everything's Great - An anti-whinge Part 1

This forum is terrible, it doesn't let me edit posts after 30 minutes.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That's strange. I thought the new time limit was 24 (or was it 48?) hours. I can edit my previous post in this topic, which was just under 24 hours ago.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You guys are terrible at this thread.

I'm terrible in general. But you are absolutely right, let me try again:

I've almost finished my second consecutive 28-hour weekend shift. That alone makes me plenty happy. Until the next shift comes around, anyway.

What? No? Damn.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's strange. I thought the new time limit was 24 (or was it 48?) hours. I can edit my previous post in this topic, which was just under 24 hours ago.

Really, it seems my research abilities are terrible then.

This forum is terrible, it doesn't let me edit posts after 30 minutes.

Your time management skills are terrible.  :p

You should see my dating history.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No we are in the greatest era of mankind. Things have never looked better actually,

• we can cure more diseases and more people are educated than ever before
  • we now are a  global world that is interconnected  and this positively effects what countries can do and how they  act. For example the chances of another Rwanda or Khmer Rouge are very remote ( yes NK is an anomaly due to the Nuclear threat and Chinese support ) 
  • We now know sanctions work...this reduces the risk of full scale war to implement political changes  (Like Iran)
  • It is now irrefutable that the happiest people in the world live in  Western countries. So we now have a framework for what types of governments work and how to generally  uplift people. Its not hard to understand that Western style Democracies( despite the challengers) that include components like a respect for human rights, free press and free and fair elections   do work and should be copied globally
Most of you guys may seem morose but you suffer from perceived  first-world views of issues  which are not actually that serious in the global picture..the rest of us are dealing with real social and political issues but there is still more good than bad original.gif

20130109.png
  • Like 3

No we are in the greatest era of mankind. Things have never looked better actually,

• we can cure more diseases and more people are educated than ever before
  • we now are a  global world that is interconnected  and this positively effects what countries can do and how they  act. For example the chances of another Rwanda or Khmer Rouge are very remote ( yes NK is an anomaly due to the Nuclear threat and Chinese support ) 
  • We now know sanctions work...this reduces the risk of full scale war to implement political changes  (Like Iran)
  • It is now irrefutable that the happiest people in the world live in  Western countries. So we now have a framework for what types of governments work and how to generally  uplift people. Its not hard to understand that Western style Democracies( despite the challengers) that include components like a respect for human rights, free press and free and fair elections   do work and should be copied globally
Most of you guys may seem morose but you suffer from perceived  first-world views of issues  which are not actually that serious in the global picture..the rest of us are dealing with real social and political issues but there is still more good than bad original.gif

20130109.png

:lol:

So do tell, what are you unhappy about in our modern age?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

- Wealth inequality- Unsustainable resource exploitation- Poverty- Racism- Sexism- The continued erosion of our civil liberties

So Capitalism?

- Wealth inequality

- Unsustainable resource exploitation

- Poverty

- Racism

- Sexism

- The continued erosion of our civil liberties

Sure those exist in society but most of those points will always exist in some form...we can never eradicate them completely so lets not get too depressed 

But we have  more SJ campaigns than ever before that help people and general  global poverty deals are down. Also most Western countries have laws that reduce blatant racism, sexism and homophobia.

I also think you guys get confused with laws that are implemented to protect us from new threats like Islamic extremism and cyber-terrorism with your civil liberties being eroded? Can you give me an example of that so I understand the context ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

- Wealth inequality

- Poverty

- Racism

- Sexism

Sure those exist in society but most of those points will always exist in some form...we can never eradicate them completely so lets not get too depressed 

But we have  more SJ campaigns than ever before that help people and general  global poverty deals are down. Also most Western countries have laws that reduce blatant racism, sexism and homophobia.

I also think you guys get confused with laws that are implemented to protect us from new threats like Islamic extremism and cyber-terrorism with your civil liberties being eroded? Can you give me an example of that so I understand the context ?

Patriot Act and TPP.

- Wealth inequality

- Poverty

- Racism

- Sexism

Patriot Act and TPP.

But  we know why the Patriot act was implemented ....it was probably justified at the time. But Baro lives in Oz so this shouldn't have impacted him? So I am interested in his examples of how his civil liberties are being attacked?

John Milton 

- Wealth inequality

- Poverty

- Racism

- Sexism

Patriot Act and TPP.

But  we know why the Patriot act was implemented ....it was probably justified at the time. But Baro lives in Oz so this shouldn't have impacted him? So I am interested in his examples of how his civil liberties are being attacked?

He'll be impacted by TPP.

And Patriot Act being justified? Hell no, spying on people because they might do something is unjustifiable to anyone who considers privacy a natural right.

• Like 3

But we know why the Patriot act was implemented ....it was probably justified at the time. But Baro lives in Oz so this shouldn't have impacted him?

We had the Anti-Terrorism Act in 2005 and Abbott's recently been cracking down harder.

Indeed.

But we know why the Patriot act was implemented ....it was probably justified at the time. But Baro lives in Oz so this shouldn't have impacted him?

We had the Anti-Terrorism Act in 2005 and Abbott's recently been cracking down harder.

Indeed.

Okay but how has the anti-terrorism laws in Oz effected you personally?

John Milton 

Should I only care about the curbing of civil liberties once they have directly effected me?

Should I cease caring about the impact of racism and sexism too?

Should I only care about the curbing of civil liberties once they have directly effected me?

Come on you are too clever to make silly comparisons 

Being opposed to bigotry is not the same thing as your government passing laws to protect its citizens from the threat of attack?

John Milton 

Being opposed to bigotry is not the same thing as your government passing laws to protect its citizens from the threat of attack?

My government passing laws to trample natural rights people is worse than bigotry in many ways.

This thread got derailed.

- Wealth inequality
- Poverty
- Racism
- Sexism

You're being targeted with racism and sexism? Do tell. And what civil liberties have you personally lost in the last year or two? And how does unsustainable resource exploitation affect you on a personal day to day level.

Please note what this thread was about.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

My government passing laws to trample natural rights people is worse than bigotry in many ways.

Yes it can be but its not like you live in Russia where there is real pressure on the free press ?

John Milton 

This thread got derailed.

- Wealth inequality

- Poverty

- Racism

- Sexism

You're being targeted with racism and sexism? Do tell. And what civil liberties have you personally lost in the last year or two? And how does unsustainable resource exploitation affect you on a personal day to day level.

Please note what this thread was about.

No I think he means modern society is beset by these types of things so he doesn't think its as great as I do 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Yes it can be but its not like you live in Russia where there is real pressure on the free press ?

The problems of another state does not negate the problems with my own. The fact that I or anyone else in the US can be spied on without consent concerns me greatly, as it should anyone who favors freedom.

• Like 1

The problems of another state does not negate the problems with my own. The fact that I or anyone else in the US can be spied on without consent concerns me greatly, as it should anyone who favors freedom.

Its interesting how that type of thing doesn't bother me..but I do sell and implement eDiscovery software so it would strange if that type of thing did bother me :)

John Milton