I just finished Sagani's Persoq quest for the first time and found myself crying at the end of it. I don't know why, that one just really stabbed me right in the feels. Some people think Sagani is boring, but I found her quest so compelling that she's now probably my favorite after Eder.

On the other hand, many of the other quests in the game (both companion quests, and others) seem to me like they had potential, but didn't quite pull it off because of a weak execution in one respect or another. Unfortunately, this includes the main storyline at the end of the game; the whole revelation about the gods was poorly executed and confusing, so while I eventually figured out what the story was, during the actual play-through it didn't have the desired effect, at least not for me (and I take it not for many other people either).

What quests in the game did you find most powerful or satisfying?

• Like 3

The Raedrick quest. Once I heard that his wife was a good woman and then found that he murdered her, his life ended. It will end everytime I make it to that point to. If I ever figure out how to find the undead version of him, I will kill him then to...again.

If you're talking about companion quest then is say Durance. It felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO rewarding completely crushing his self inflated ego. I had an evil smile on my face the entire time.

• Like 1

I loved palling around with Kana, and his quest was to me both noble and interesting. That he does not find what he wants but instead finds something altogether just as valuable, the value in seeking knowledge, is simply touching to me. And then the Leaden Key agents show up on level 1 of Caed Nua declaring their intent to kill Kana.

Now, normally this would just be self-defense.... but what I did was just straight-up murder. Threaten me in my own basement indeed....

Edited by Venatio

Buried Secrets and Blood Legacy were both memorable and pretty horrifying. I love it when I get to poke through old ruins uncovering mysteries.

Also, the companion quests. I found the characters all likeable and genuinely wanted to help them, so really I ended up sad a lot :p For some reason I really like quests that make me sad. (Edér's especially, the way the voice actor delivered his lines really tugged the heartstrings :( )

Flavour-wise:

-The God quests in Twin Elms. I'm lumping them all-together since they all stem from that place. I thought those conversations were really awesome and one of the highlights of the game. Loved the imagery of them.

Gameplay-wise:

-Raedric's Keep. I love that you obviously hear about his keep while in Gilded Vale but noone points you towards that location for a quest (well, on my last playthrough, Kolsc actually did approach me in town as opposed to in the wilderness area to the east of Gilded Vale). The keep itself feels big enough, with a few different ways in. A few interesting characters to interact with, and good writing for Raedric.

I also really like the Blood Legacy quest (that is the one with the Skaenites right?) but I've gotten pretty tired of it since playing through it so much in the backer beta. :)

The companion quests are very simple in how they're set-up but some of them have really good points to them. I also loved Sagani's quest. Gameplay-wise it's just "go here, go there, go here..." but the it's well-written. I also thought the end to it was quite touching.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The Man Who Waits quest in Brackenbury Sanitarium. Such a creepy place with chilling atmosphere. Absolutely loved it! And that moment when you reach out to Uscgrim's soul only to realise that there is another person's essence in him, getting overwhelmed by all the lies and schemes of that person barely understanding any of it and then suddenly yanked back into reality to see Thaos looking at you and clearly recognizing.

That was awesome encounter I didn't expected it and then there was a fun fight too after!

I loved palling around with Kana, and his quest was to me both noble and interesting. That he does not find what he wants but instead finds something altogether just as valuable, the value in seeking knowledge, is simply touching to me. And then the Leaden Key agents show up on level 1 of Caed Nua declaring their intent to kill Kana.

Now, normally this would just be self-defense.... but what I did was just straight-up murder. Threaten me in my own basement indeed....

Wait a sec!  When does this happen?  I don't recall this happening and I've done 2 complete play throughs, and am working on my 3rd right now.

It happens after you do the whole Gabrannos thing on the Blight level of the Endless Paths and then return to the first level (with Kana of course). It's a bit odd since it's not super-likely the player will go back to that level but there ya go.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Flavour-wise:

-The God quests in Twin Elms. I'm lumping them all-together since they all stem from that place. I thought those conversations were really awesome and one of the highlights of the game. Loved the imagery of them.

I definitely liked all the imagery in the visions for the god quests. Some of the actual quests are much more interesting than the others, though. I liked Galawain's and Rymrgand's; Hylea's and Berath's were pretty much just "go kill X," so not as exciting.

One neat thing about Rymrgand's is that you can make the wrong choice and fail the quest, then go back and hear what he has to say about that. :biggrin:

Yeah, I think eder's voice actor did really well with him. They were all good imo but his was definitely the best.

The same guy also voiced Aloth, which I found pretty incredible since they sound nothing alike :blink:

Wow, in my opinion that shows some nice talent to be able to voice two characters that sounds nothing alike.

did he also voice Aloths alter ego?

It happens after you do the whole Gabrannos thing on the Blight level of the Endless Paths and then return to the first level (with Kana of course). It's a bit odd since it's not super-likely the player will go back to that level but there ya go.

I didn't know that either. I think the first level is where the prison cells are. I did have one prisoner and went to visit him. If I remember correctly I did have Kana with me.

It happened to me only once and at a much later stage of the game. When dealing with the master below and not fighting her, I had a reason to go there again and ran into them. Well, bad for them, since my party pretty much scratched the level cap at that point in time and they were virtually blown to pieces in one second.

It happened to me only once and at a much later stage of the game. When dealing with the master below and not fighting her, I had a reason to go there again and ran into them. Well, bad for them, since my party pretty much scratched the level cap at that point in time and they were virtually blown to pieces in one second.

I just now ran into them.  Just finished Kana's quest and now knowing that the assassins would be waiting for us on the 1st level of the EP, I intentionally went looking for them.  And while my party is only at level 7, it still didn't end well for them.  My party just took a little longer than your party.   

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to make a fresh thread for this but since there's already a similar one, I'll just add my thoughts to this one. Seeing as this game is all about quests and tasks, with game XP heavily tied to it, I'm also wondering what was everyone's favorite side quest or task? Perhaps it was good writing. Or choices that mattered or made sense. Or different ways to resolve it satisfactorily. Or even a nice reward at the end of it all.

Here are my 3 favorites in no particular order (Lots of spoilers here probably, just a warning):

1)A Two Story Job
It says from the wiki that it can be received directly from Abrecan Doemenel, but I got mine from killing the thieves and then I stole the gem and gave it to him. I liked that you had to figure out who AD was in the letter and that it led to something significant. Would like to see more quests like that where it isn't immediately obvious what to do. Nothing too obtuse but finding where the gem was and sneaking by to get it without engaging Reymont guards was exciting (though I suppose you could kill everyone if you wanted to). You needed fairly high Mechanics as well to disarm the trapped chest and you got some nice loot from other containers.

2)Blood Legacy
Wasn't clear how Aelys disappeared, so some exploration/investigation is needed. I liked going about asking people when they last saw her. The Skaen underground lair is nicely crafted with memorable locations like the Blood Pool. Using a Cipher to free Aelys was a nice touch, showing how different companions/classes can have an impact on the storyline. Would like to see more instances of this. Maybe have a Ranger help track a wanted criminal in the wild, picking up on footprints and other clues. The battle vs Wymund could be costly as the party is out in the open at the outset. I remember expending a Call to Slumber here to ease matters. And of course you get murder Wymund and Harond both if you're into that. :biggrin:  I told Aelys to seek refuge at the temple, wanting to check on her later again. Didn't see her there though and the priests there had no further conversation options. Was thinking that could use a few added lines perhaps.

3)Buried Secrets
It was nice that you could resolve this quest in quite a few different ways (Confront Wirtan, give him the remains, let him go, kill him outright without any conversation, deliver remains to Urgeat instead). I liked the design of Temple of Eothas and that you had to figure out a bell puzzle to pass. There really should have been more of these in the game and tie them in with some skills, like Lore perhaps (which is a bit underused IMHO).

Honorable mention:
The Long Hunt, Lord of a Barren Land

Speaking of quests, I have a question.

There are some NPC's in the basement of the Charred Barrel inn in the Brackenbury district who are called "Ruffians" or something similar that makes one think that they're criminals of some sort.  However, in 3 full play-throughs, I have yet to figure out what quest they're related to, and they won't talk to you.

So I was wondering if anyone knew who they were and/or what quest they were in, if any.  Something about them screams to me that they don't really belong in the basement of that inn, but no one I've talked to has triggered anything related to them.

Any ideas?

There are some NPC's in the basement of the Charred Barrel inn in the Brackenbury district who are called "Ruffians" or something similar that makes one think that they're criminals of some sort.  However, in 3 full play-throughs, I have yet to figure out what quest they're related to, and they won't talk to you.

So I was wondering if anyone knew who they were and/or what quest they were in, if any.  Something about them screams to me that they don't really belong in the basement of that inn, but no one I've talked to has triggered anything related to them.

Any ideas?

Yup, I wondered about them as well. Could be a cut quest or just flavour stuff (you know, like those pirates in the cave beyond the hidden door in the Sea's Bounty tavern in BG2. There never was anything connected to them).

Nothing gold can stay.

Any ideas?

Yup, I wondered about them as well. Could be a cut quest or just flavour stuff (you know, like those pirates in the cave beyond the hidden door in the Sea's Bounty tavern in BG2. There never was anything connected to them).

Yea I wasn't able to find anything much off those bandits or the bandit leader or the surrounding containers, so I'm going to agree with it being purely flavor stuff as well. They weren't hostile, but when a game labels characters as "Bandits", I think I should be forgiven in starting hostilities :p Maerwith doesn't appear to return to the Charred Barrel after you get her to go to the Lighthouse, so if you don't like the 3 pirates she was with upstairs, you can deal with them similarly too. Again they don't drop anything interesting or even worth selling much.

Edited by Drath

Blood legacy was a good quest.

Eders quest of course.

Hiravias was good to.

The quest from the leader of the staelgar tribe was fun.

Hyleas quest felt epic. Not full of hoops but just a great map leading up to a dragon fight

I love the deal with raedric quest aswell, the whole gilded vale arrival and all that.

Oh and the first quest with the berries and the caravan attack is so good.

Alot of good quests in this game.

Edit:

Two story job, the final act as well. Most quests in the game are really good.

Edited by Tennisgolfboll