Unopenable Door in Raedric's Hold Dungeon

redbird

Question

There's a door just north of the holding cells in the dungeons that can't be opened. It doesn't show up when highlighting interactable objects either. I know from previous times through the hold that it leads to a room that has a stairway to the kitchens. Saving and loading did not resolve the issue. Wasn't having this problem before today's patches.

I tried to type NoFog in the cosonle, but i dont think i have the right syntax.

Just write NoFog in the console, or "NoFog" or what? i tried both, none work

You have to first enable/disables cheats "iroll20s" then "NoFog" works

Edit: !!disables achievements!!

Edited by agorwal

You have to enable/disables cheats "iroll20s" then "NoFog" works

But that remove achievement from the game

You have to enable/disables cheats "iroll20s" then "NoFog" works

But that remove achievement from the game

yes that is true it disables achievements. sorry i forgot that... it is "dirty" workaround but it works

Supreme, I'm looking into a possible issue with some doors not being selectable after the 1.03 patch.

It would be extremely helpful to retrieve more data so that we can address the problem right away. If you could post it, I'd appreciate a link to your save game file and its output log.

(additional note: I suspect that this problem may be related to Fog of War and its interaction with some systems/save games. A workaround I found in a related save file consists in using the console to remove FoW for the problematic scene (command is "NoFog"). This only persists until an area is reloaded - i.e. the fog returns when loading into any area- but it allows interaction with the problematic door).

Thank you for the additional information and patience regarding this issue, everyone.

Jorge

Here's mine:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw56i-bKiIvXVXNXaDJ1NFRCeVk/view?usp=sharing

Can't open doors post patch.  I also noticed it in roderics hold.  Noticed it in the basement and floor 1.  Random doors.  Using the NoFog fixes it.  I don't want to know what the whole dungeon looks like.  Takes away from the game.  I have already played through this area pre patch and had no issues.  Will abandon this place and continue on.  Will report if I find it anywhere else.

I just found out the hard way that it's possible to trap yourself in Maerwald's room because of this.  If you open the door and accidentally click it again, it closes after you run through as the cutscene is triggering.  Inside the room, the door will be shut and you can't open it due to fog of war.

anotherdoor.png

Another door that seems to be glitched, console trick fixes it but I'd like to keep my achis....

Yup, this is the exact one I'm stuck behind now, myself. Hopefully there's some other way down into Raedric's dungeons, because one way has an unopenable locked door, and one has a door with this unselectable bug.

I think I found a "somewhat" useful trick to avoid the issue. I noticed that I wasn't able to opens many door, pretty much the same door as mipthehappy pointed earlier. The problem was that I was scouting mainly with my main character while the rest of my team was waiting in the next room. After moving the whole team in range of these door, the line of sight triangulation from every NPC helped my character in order to open the door.

In other words, bring your whole team near problematic door and placed them to cover maximum line of sight to reduce the fog of war. 

I don't know if it will help in every situation but, at least, in Raedrick hold I managed to open all doors that way!

Just in case it's still any help at this point, below is my save file with a character stuck at the location pictured by a few users above - Raedric's Hold Dungeons.  Character is positioned immediately next to the unselectable door:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30SyIedlfHUQ2oxc0pZOTRDa2M/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Yst

I just wanted to confirm that, yes, we're hoping to fix this asap.

In most cases the problem is not dangerous, and can be circumvented as I noted above, but it's still an issue that deserves addressing right away.

Quoting this for the new page - thanks for letting us know that you're working on it, Oscuro!

I think I found a "somewhat" useful trick to avoid the issue. I noticed that I wasn't able to opens many door, pretty much the same door as mipthehappy pointed earlier. The problem was that I was scouting mainly with my main character while the rest of my team was waiting in the next room. After moving the whole team in range of these door, the line of sight triangulation from every NPC helped my character in order to open the door.

In other words, bring your whole team near problematic door and placed them to cover maximum line of sight to reduce the fog of war. 

I don't know if it will help in every situation but, at least, in Raedrick hold I managed to open all doors that way!

Hmm, I always scout with the full group since my team is pretty lousy at stealth. Maybe it's more a case of getting someone in just the right spot? Either way I think I'll wait until this issue has been patched to return to Raedrick's Hold to loot whatever remains. :)

Creepy and Surreal - Death Godlike PoE Portrait Pack - Last Updated 12 April 2015

(I only saw the responses on Page 1) I had some issues with the bedroom door as well, but managed to get it open. The door down the hallway however, couldn't open it and there was like a pathing block.

Save files:

Hallway (Keep)
Dungeon

Screenshots:
Hallway (See through)

Dungeon (from Kitchen)

EDIT/An extra: I also noticed on my way out from Raedric's Hold something odd with the sound on the carpet~ inconsistency. Nothing major (Accessible through both those saves).

Screenshot

Edited by Osvir

Had the same problem. Once I locked myself in Lady Webb's office, then came to an unopenable door in Raedrick's dungeon. But I followed one of the above advice - unstealthed and brought my entire party as close to the door as possible. Well, Eder managed to phase through the door and after  that I could open the door no problem :3 Just select your entire team and click a few times quickly on space on the other side of the door.

• Like 1

Had the same problem. Once I locked myself in Lady Webb's office, then came to an unopenable door in Raedrick's dungeon. But I followed one of the above advice - unstealthed and brought my entire party as close to the door as possible. Well, Eder managed to phase through the door and after  that I could open the door no problem :3 Just select your entire team and click a few times quickly on space on the other side of the door.

HAHA, I did the same thing. I closed the door in Lady Webb's office and couldn't open it. HOWEVER, I got super lucky. I'm a Ranger with a bear, just kept clicking outside the door and my bear somehow teleported outside it. Since now the bear can SEE the front of the door, I could open it from the back.

Yeah, I think the problem is that the interactable part of the door only works if you can see the front of it.

HAHA, I did the same thing. I closed the door in Lady Webb's office and couldn't open it. HOWEVER, I got super lucky. I'm a Ranger with a bear, just kept clicking outside the door and my bear somehow teleported outside it. Since now the bear can SEE the front of the door, I could open it from the back.

Yeah, I think the problem is that the interactable part of the door only works if you can see the front of it.

True. But I tried my own method with other door in (late) Raedric's dungeon, and it didn't work. Had to take the long route ;)

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I tried this and its still not working. Guess I'll just chill in Raedric's dungeon until a hotfix comes down. sigh.

This method really works. Thank you!!

2w32kuw.png

Edit: Took me about 10 mins of clicking to 'teleport' through the door.

I saved as a different file and reloaded to try and repeat the fix. This time I customised my party formation so that all the characters are clustered together at the front, this seemed to make it more more efficient to teleport through the door.

Edited by MonkeyD.Luffy