I'm not that long into the game, but I have some opinion on the companions: - I really like Aloth. Yup. PoE version of Xan, and Xan was cool (a bit cooler than Aloth, but Altoh is still ok) - Eder is fine as well
- Pallegina - now one fine lady
- I can't stand Durance. Kicked him out on 2nd day
- I should find Sagani interesting, but I don't. I keep her for the quest
- I grew used to Kana. At first he annoyed me, but now, he's ok
- I never had the Wailing Mother of the Druid in my party, so I don't know about them. As to the characters in BG. In BG 1 I only really liked Xan, the female mage held by gnolls (gosh, forgot her name!), and Anomen. Others were really... Meh. In BG 2 well... I liked the ranger with the necromantic ancestor. I really don't remember any of them... Oh, I hated Jaheira, Minsc and Imoen (you should've hear Imoen in POlish version, you'd hate her too!) Plus - I really appreciate the opportunity to create my own companions. I made a cool elven priest. If only they offered more interaction...