Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

I'd suspect (but don't know) that the argument would be something like this:

*Western society approves aggressiveness and outspokenness in men but discourages it in women

*Women are trained in western society to not question authority or to stand up for themselves

*therefore society respects and responds to an assertive male, but not an assertive female

*therefore men negotiate better than women because this is what society thinks is acceptable; women will be seen negatively if they negotiate and are trained by society not to negotiate

Also, since Sad Puppies was brought up here, George R.R. Martin on Puppygate/Sad Puppies:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/417125.html

I would say this is accurate, but I also believe this is more a problem outside Western countries. 

I do not see this changing before we change human nature. My guess? give it about 10 to 20 generations after women do not have monopoly on childbirth.

//edit: Hopfeully Martin will channel that sadness into finishing his books. Where's my Winds of Winter?!

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

11112847_10206719505336272_5492699574682

Thanks Tumblr.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Thanks Tumblr.

So vidya prevents rape?

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Thanks Tumblr.

So vidya prevents rape?

And if you are a woman who plays vidya, I guess it's internalized misogyny or something.

Or you wanna be raped.

Or you too want to rape other women.

Or you're drunk.

Whichever suits the patriarchy the best.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Thanks Tumblr.

I'm calling shenanigans on this one.  Every object on the screen has artifacts surrounding them and the name is (rather conveniently) blacked out so no one can go to tumblr and see the original (if it were to exist).

I'd think if it were a legit screenshot it'd actually look like a screenshot (and why would you want to block the name from view if you're either promoting or decrying the opinion?)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Google to the rescue:

http://lil-purrfect-femme.tumblr.com/post/88786686393/i-heard-this-the-other-day-and-its-pretty

EDIT: Ironically self-described as "non-radical Feminist".

Interesting so it does seem to be legitimate  but I have issue that she thinks this type of comment is tantamount to someone being a " non-radical " feminist 

I actually find her comments offensive 

All I can say is " guys don't pay this type of vitriol any attention", its tripe and will create unnecessary consternation 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Google to the rescue:

http://lil-purrfect-femme.tumblr.com/post/88786686393/i-heard-this-the-other-day-and-its-pretty

Thanks.

I stand corrected.  But that is one bad graphic (I guess they wanted to take the tumblr text and make it look more like a tweet or something).

Reading through the tumblr, I think that's the point.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Google to the rescue:

Thanks.

I stand corrected.  But that is one bad graphic (I guess they wanted to take the tumblr text and make it look more like a tweet or something).

Reading through the tumblr, I think that's the point.

I'm surprised you stand corrected too cause you raised good points about the text. But wtf.

Google to the rescue:

potentally triggering

681.png

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

I'm stuck at work, haven't played video games in over 14 hours.  Urge to rape rising.  Dunno how much longer I'll be able to control myself.

:shifty:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm stuck at work, haven't played video games in over 14 hours.  Urge to rape rising.  Dunno how much longer I'll be able to control myself.

shifty.gif

Report to your local Patriarchy safehouse where you can thrust your toxic masculinity into a female who the Patriarchy is currently internalizing their misogyny in.

shifty.gif

Report to your local Patriarchy safehouse where you can thrust your toxic masculinity into a female who the Patriarchy is currently internalizing their misogyny in.

Thanks KaineParker, for being there during my time of need.  I was on the verge of raping every coworker in sight.  I may need to get me a 3DS or *shudder* start playing some mobile games on my phone to try to avoid another one of these attacks coming on.

Edit:  Now that I think about it, Video Game Deficiency Induced Rape Urges, VGDIRU for short, is a serious and crippling condition.  I should open up a Patreon so that people can give me money to help keep me stocked with a steady supply of video games and video game hardware.  I mean, you don't want me going around and uncontrollably raping, do you?  Really, the money wouldn't so much be going to me as toward the benefit of the public at large and their safety.  I'm doing everyone a service by trying to control my VGDIRU.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

shifty.gif

Thanks KaineParker, for being there during my time of need.  I was on the verge of raping every coworker in sight.  I may need to get me a 3DS or *shudder* start playing some mobile games on my phone to try to avoid another one of these attacks coming on.

Store you rape urges, we will unleash them in a few years time, when the Patriarchy seizes open control of the world! The we will go into space and rape the stars themselves!*

*You might want some burn cream.

Ok, were getting into weird territory. Do you guys mind keeping the discussion clean, please?

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I too shall wring my hands. Report the post perhaps. Weird cartoon in any case, oh well.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow, hostility and rape humor.  This is a real classy crowd.

Yip and throw in bestiality and we are really on a winning ticket 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I too shall wring my hands. Report the post perhaps. Weird cartoon in any case, oh well.

Nah I never report anyone ever 

John Milton 

Wow, hostility and rape humor.  This is a real classy crowd.

Not sure it's the crowd in here, so far one guy has posted it and generally people seem disapproving.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I find the practice of female genital mutilation more offensive than a drawing of "Rape Horse".

I find the practice of female genital mutilation more offensive than a drawing of "Rape Horse".

I'm not sure of the relevance of that point KP because I dont see people making a mockery and dismissing female genital mutilation on these forums?

• Like 1

John Milton 

Ok, were getting into weird territory. Do you guys mind keeping the discussion clean, please?

You mean you don't like rape horse?

That's horsist dude.

https://archive.today/g9FJx

Polygon deputy news editor buys domain "legodimensions.com" a day before Lego Dimensions is announced.