Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

CA_hk1IVIAE8bf1.png

We've been challenged to a fight guys.

And I have the same avatar as this guy.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Cassidy from Preacher.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

CA_hk1IVIAE8bf1.png

We've been challenged to a fight guys.

And I have the same avatar as this guy.

Am I the only one that just find people like this to be idiots?

The premise of a fight is stupid. It's the idea that well if Hitler could beat up Obama well then I guess we better elect Hitler, huh? It proves absolutely nothing. It's someone mistaking ego for actually proving a point.

• Like 3

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

GamerGate blamed for flop of Sucker Punch. If you google "Sucker Punch misogyny" can you guess what you're going get? Hint: it isn't some proto GamerGate attacking Sucker Punch. It is Feminist Frequency.

This again shows how these people don't even know or agree what feminism/social justice is and how a "journalist" can't do even the most basic research.

CA_4tz9_XEAAP38_G_png_large.png

• Like 2

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/355732.php

This will come to games as well, unless developers collectively tell journalists and the twitter outrage industry to collectively **** off with their infantile opinions.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

LinkedIn is already rife with this garbage

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm pretty sure Sucker Punch flopped because it was a ****ty movie.  No further explanation or delving is necessary nor warranted.  The movie sucked > people realized it sucked > it flopped.  End of story.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sucker punch was hardly a blip on the radar, it has way less going for it then people want to believe.   
It was visually impressive in places, but it's not really worth the attention beyond that.

I'm pretty sure Sucker Punch flopped because it was a ****ty movie.  No further explanation or delving is necessary nor warranted.  The movie sucked > people realized it sucked > it flopped.  End of story.

I tend to avoid Snyder's work because it's mostly ****, is Sucker Punch worse than usual?

I tend to avoid Snyder's work because it's mostly ****, is Sucker Punch worse than usual?

It's hard to compare since I too tend to stay away from his work, for the same reasons.  The movie tries to relay some deep message about captivity, abuse, and rape, but the narrative is such a mess and so nonsensical that you have to perform Olympic-level mental gymnastic to derive anything out of it.  The effects are a mixed bag; some of the CGI is cool, some of it is bloody awful.  The action sequences are a complete mess.  Really, "a complete mess" is the best way to describe the movie.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I thought the visuals and action scenes of Sucker Punch were great, but the narrative was just kinda meh. I dont regret buying it, but regret paying full price.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

In between playing PoE, i stumbled upon this: http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=260

In a previous post on Suicidalism, I identified some of the most important of the Soviet Union’s memetic weapons. Here is that list again:

• There is no truth, only competing agendas.
  • All Western (and especially American) claims to moral superiority over Communism/Fascism/Islam are vitiated by the West’s history of racism and colonialism.
  • There are no objective standards by which we may judge one culture to be better than another. Anyone who claims that there are such standards is an evil oppressor.
  • The prosperity of the West is built on ruthless exploitation of the Third World; therefore Westerners actually deserve to be impoverished and miserable.
  • Crime is the fault of society, not the individual criminal. Poor criminals are entitled to what they take. Submitting to criminal predation is more virtuous than resisting it.
  • The poor are victims. Criminals are victims. And only victims are virtuous. Therefore only the poor and criminals are virtuous. (Rich people can borrow some virtue by identifying with poor people and criminals.)
  • For a virtuous person, violence and war are never justified. It is always better to be a victim than to fight, or even to defend oneself. But ‘oppressed’ people are allowed to use violence anyway; they are merely reflecting the evil of their oppressors.
  • When confronted with terror, the only moral course for a Westerner is to apologize for past sins, understand the terrorist’s point of view, and make concessions.

Sound familiar?

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In a previous post on Suicidalism, I identified some of the most important of the Soviet Union’s memetic weapons. Here is that list again:

• All Western (and especially American) claims to moral superiority over Communism/Fascism/Islam are vitiated by the West’s history of racism and colonialism.
  • There are no objective standards by which we may judge one culture to be better than another. Anyone who claims that there are such standards is an evil oppressor.
  • The prosperity of the West is built on ruthless exploitation of the Third World; therefore Westerners actually deserve to be impoverished and miserable.
  • Crime is the fault of society, not the individual criminal. Poor criminals are entitled to what they take. Submitting to criminal predation is more virtuous than resisting it.
  • The poor are victims. Criminals are victims. And only victims are virtuous. Therefore only the poor and criminals are virtuous. (Rich people can borrow some virtue by identifying with poor people and criminals.)
  • For a virtuous person, violence and war are never justified. It is always better to be a victim than to fight, or even to defend oneself. But ‘oppressed’ people are allowed to use violence anyway; they are merely reflecting the evil of their oppressors.
  • When confronted with terror, the only moral course for a Westerner is to apologize for past sins, understand the terrorist’s point of view, and make concessions.

Sound familiar?

The Frankfurt school has been a part of GG forays into the beginnings of Cultural Marxism and how hipsters seem to follow its trend.

But really it's all tangentially related to the main problem of corruption and the ideological takeover of indie development.

Interesting article though

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Sound familiar?

I'm not sure what that is but its very irritating with its generalizations and flawed logic 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The founder of OccupyWallst.org talks about GG: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ke4nq_free-speech-justine-tunney_fun

She mentions the two most banned words for leftists. Dear lord.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sound familiar?

I'm not sure what that is but its very irritating with its generalizations and flawed logic 

No one gives a damn if you find it irritating. Either you put up a counter argument on why old Soviet disinformation campaigns have absolutely no resemblance on to how the anti-GGs argue and what kind rhetoric they employ. Even Baroth can come up with counterarguments with great substance if poked enough, so you do have zero excuses.

Either you put up or shut up.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

You do realise the post-modern "there is no absolute truth, only subjectivity" **** represents a massive break from the previous Marxist traditions and has only spawned ideologies and movements that reinforce neo-liberal dogma.

Yup, i am not talking about the workers owning the means of production here, i am talking about the Foucault-reading intellegentia.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Yup, i am not talking about the workers owning the means of production here, i am talking about the Foucault-reading intellegentia.

Assuming I' reading correctly, that's what I meant; it represented a massive break from academic Marxism.

I'll expand what I mean in relation to modern leftism in a bit. Making dinner.

Sound familiar?

No one gives a damn if you find it irritating. Either you put up a counter argument on why old Soviet disinformation campaigns have absolutely no resemblance on to how the anti-GGs argue and what kind rhetoric they employ. Even Baroth can come up with counterarguments with great substance if poked enough, so you do have zero excuses.

Either you put up or shut up.

You seem to have misunderstood me , I didn't think  you guys would be interested in what I don't like about those points. Thats why I didn't comment further, its not that I didn't want to 

And since you have asked me to respond I gladly will , I thoroughly enjoy these types of debates 

1)Nonsense, there are many truths that have been proven and are irrefutable. For example, Russia is actively involved in Ukraine and Nigeria is having an a hotly contested presidential  election tomorrow 

2) Never..not in a million years. Of course the West has aspects of a checkered past but comparing the West to the purges of Stalin or Hitler is just silly and no serious historian will agree with that, its just hyperbole 

•  

3)Again wrong, we dont pass judgement on the wealth or education of the citizens in other countries. We generally pass judgement on how they treat there citizens and effectively govern there country. And there are still some  appalling examples of leadership in the world and there is no way they aren't going to get criticized 

4 )This is obviously a joke ..and it did make me  laugh

5)No if you break the law there must be consequences.

6)Also funny 

• When confronted with terror, the only moral course for a Westerner is to apologize for past sins, understand the terrorist’s point of view, and make concessions 

:lol: ....in fact is this whole thing suppose to be a joke ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Assuming I' reading correctly, that's what I meant; it represented a massive break from academic Marxism.

I'll expand what I mean in relation to modern leftism in a bit. Making dinner.

Baro where do you live? I always thought the USA but then realized I was wrong  :geek:

John Milton