LINK TO PAX EAST STREAM

Everything looked pretty rad.

Plus grimoire-slamming your enemies in the face is priceless.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Will there be a youtube of this when they wrap up?

Likely.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wow, yeah this was several leagues above the last PAX stream.

Much interesting stuff. I'm especially impressed with how much you can upgrade your stronghold.

Though, was it me or was the party a bit overleveled once again? ;)

Wow, yeah this was several leagues above the last PAX stream.

Much interesting stuff. I'm especially impressed with how much you can upgrade your stronghold.

Though, was it me or was the party a bit overleveled once again? ;)

Yeah they were level 7 doing low level stuff.  But then you don't want a party wipe on a demo.

I'm going to go buy a new mouse and keyboard now, maybe a new computer chair too :-D

I replaced my mousepad the other day.

It was good to see the devs listen to feedback about the last stream - they involved everyone on the Panel (except Chris, I guess), showed off some companions (which is important for marketing IMO) and it was good to show off the Stronghold.

Shame Tim didn't play though.

Edited by Sensuki

Laughed a lot during the Q&A and during the stream haha :p they're really good at keeping a nice, friendly, and fun mood. 

The game
Looks fantastic, I have no words except I wish I had it in my hands right now.

The companions
Some new information, I'm going to have to check it out on YouTube, I was half-paying attention as to not get too much exposition but I got the general idea from the companions. Same thing with the above^ can't wait to have the game in my hands right now and be able to play with the characters :D

Stronghold mechanics and new stuff
Lots of interesting new stuff. I was thinking about actually not get the Stronghold on my first playthrough but now I'm intruiged and I'm probably going to get it. The Stronghold makes ALL companions important in one way or another, and it gives Adventurer's Hall Companions tons more value. With a total of 16 companions (8 Obsidian companions and 8 V.I.P Companions).

Question @Obsidian
Obsidian mentioned that the drunkard was not inspired by any real person but that it's a person that exists in all of us (haha), but it did spin a bit of a curiosity in me and I'd wish to ask a Question(s) to Obsidian based on that statement...

Has Obsidian been inspired by discussions or people from the forum/active community for quests, NPC's, or narrative? (I'm looking for a vague "Yes" or "No" answer)

Edited by Osvir

I had to mute or looked somewhere else to prevent any spoilers but heard some dialoges. Its funny :yes:

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

It kind of looks like you want to create your 8 soulless adventurers anyway (unless you name one Jimmy Early since Jimmy got soul) to act as your stronghold personnel even if you do not plan on taking one along.

Sounds like Eothas and my character have the exact same issue and goal.  We should get along well.

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 2

It kind of looks like you want to create your 8 soulless adventurers anyway (unless you name one Jimmy Early since Jimmy got soul) to act as your stronghold personnel even if you do not plan on taking one along.

Sounds like Eothas and my character have the exact same issue and goal.  We should get along well.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking actually. I'm going to have a full companion only party throughout the entire game, so I'll just use my adventurers for Stronghold tasks. Win/win situation!

• Like 1

Calibrating...

Has Obsidian been inspired by discussions or people from the forum/active community for quests, NPC's, or narrative? (I'm looking for a vague "Yes" or "No" answer)

If Green Shirt Girl makes an appearance in the game, I will buy three more copies.  8)

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

this is were modded contents comes in.