LINK TO PAX EAST STREAM

Please guys. Dont compare any new game with old legends. Your memories are wrong most of time. ;)

BTW: Combat music in stream sounds awesome. Is it new one? It's like BG1.

Considering EE editions are a big deal in recent years, this statement of yours is false. Most of the people that do most comparing have fresh memories. 

• Like 1

^I read that post of his as intentional Irony/Sarcasm. He says we shouldn't compare the new games with the classics, and then in the very next line he compares PoE's music with BG1's.

In any case, I disagree with the entire notion, even if people are going strictly from memory. I'm 50% optimistic and 50% observant that PoE will walk right into our lives and assume its position as IE series game #6. And I'm sure that was the design goal right from the start.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 4

Who wrote Sand?

Don't know.

He's on Facebook. Ask him. lol

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure Avellone wrote Sand.

Didn't Eric have something to do with him?

Nope! I had very little to do with the writing of NWN2. I did a few side quest characters in Act 2. I was hired as a scripter, so that was my primary role on that project. Didn't do much writing until Mask. Took all kinds of wheedling.

Unless my memory is failing me, I believe Bobby is correct that Chris wrote Sand. 

So, who wrote Aloth?

Because the two characters share remarkably similar traits.

They're both elves

They're both mages

They both have that hilariously refined 'snobbish' intellectual attitude -the way they snub their noses at a village in the game (Sand with Port Llast; Aloth with....whatever that town is called that Edér is from)

Their sense of humors are exactly the same.

They both have that British accent which works so well with their personalities.

It's uncanny.

Edited by Stun

So, who wrote Aloth?

They're both elves

They're both mages

They both have that hilariously refined 'snobbish' intellectual attitude -the way they snub their noses at a village in the game (Sand with Port Llast; Aloth with....whatever that town is called that Edér is from)

They both have that British accent which works so well with their personalities.

It's uncanny.

So you're saying all elves look the same to you, is that it? Like they're all just these effete British wizards to you? Not cool man.

In seriousness, they share a bit of snobbery in common, but are otherwise pretty different, personality-wise. You'll see when you play - I won't spoil it. Also I don't believe Sand had a proper British accent - just some affectation, iirc.

I'm not sure if we've announced who all wrote which companions, so it wouldn't be my place to reveal it. It'll be made public at some point. Chris did not write Aloth - I can probably give you that much.

• Like 3

So, who wrote Aloth?

They're both elves

They're both mages

It's uncanny.

The big difference, in my opinion, is that Sand embraces his self-importance and does not shy away from being rude to people.

Aloth THINK he is important, but tries not to show it and not to insult anyone. And fails hlariously. 

To me right now he looks like a sniveling coward with too many secrets. I like that kind of characters more than those of Sand-type. Both are fun, though.