NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

I like preseason, actually (...sans pointless injuries). But there's not too much to talk about. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Six sacks in the first half, who cares if it doesn't count. DEFENSE!

2-0 Edit: Two wins and no losses feels good no matter what time of year.   :thumbsup:

Double Red Bird Ass-Handing Take A Napkin You've Been Served Edit: Padres destroy Cardinals 8-0, looking for the sweep. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

And Jordy Nelson tears his ACL in pre-season. I spoke too soon. :(

(e): And Aaron Rodgers currently has his throwing arm wrapped up, our first round pick Demarious Randall was carted off the field, TJ Lang is being evaluated for a concussion...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Great performance by the Bucs first team last night. JW looks a lot more comfortable back there. He is still staring down his receivers and not checking off but all and all much improved.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Love it, Dan Fouts calling the national broadcast for Lions and Jags. Usually we get him in the CBS8 booth for Chargers games ... Dan's the man, great voice, keen situational awareness, comedic, Hall of Fame confidence. 

Anyway, tomorrow night, Seahawks, 0-2, Chargers, 2-0.  *jinks avoidance wood knock*

*spelling failure ... I'm being told it's ... jinx

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm watching the Patriots-Panthers game. Good lord, I hate the Patriots announcers: absolutely terrible in the Packers-Patriots game, and absolutely terrible in this game. Worst local announcers I've heard out of the pre-season. Vikings had the best I've heard thus far.

ofh9uZE.jpg

• Like 1

Seahawks could fly away with this one, but, I'm okay, it's pre-season military appreciation week ...

usmcnumberone_zpsey9wtll2.jpg

Any other teams that do this ... I'm unaware.

Besides, losing in the pre-season is good ... last time SD went 4-0 was in '00, with Ryan Leaf, on their way to a 1-15 season. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Great performance by the Bucs first team last night. JW looks a lot more comfortable back there. He is still staring down his receivers and not checking off but all and all much improved.

Sorry Guard Dog, but the Browns made the Bucs look pretty bad tonight. As a Browns fan, I can't say I'm that sad. Maybe we'll actually have a decent season for the first time in a couple decades.

Right call. The NFL is embarassed yet again yet the owners still back up Goodell. Are they that insane? The guy is a friggin' evil nazi.  ELIMINATE HIM PERMENATELY FROM THE NFL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Interstate Commerce? Baseball set the precedence.

More precisely, it's the intersection between federal labor laws and federal antitrust laws. 

The NFL CBA is a collectively bargained-for labor agreement established under applicable federal labor relations law.  This is taken seriously because the owners of the individual businesses that make up the League need the antitrust exemption that is provided by federal labor laws to agreements resulting from collective bargaining.  (The NFL teams do a lot of stuff that would be per se illegal under antitrust law-- among other things, the draft and the salary cap.)  Disputes arising under the NFL CBA are therefore grounded in federal law and provide for subject-matter jurisdiction in federal court. 

That said, yeah, this ended up in Court mostly because of how laughably arbitrary the dispute resolution process within the terms of the CBA actually is. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Bucs cut Da'Quan Bowers today. Remember when he was touted as the best defensive player in the draft? He may have been talented but his work ethic was awful.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

All the physical prowess in the world will be of naught if you don't want to play (and train for) football. :)

• Like 1

Woohoo, the season is almost here!  My annual tradition of ignoring anything NFL related as best I can from shortly after the superbowl until just before the regular season starts is now over and I'm ready to talk footbaw again.  So, how about dem Cowboys?  No, really, someone fill me in.  I know Jerral paid Dez and let DeMarco go (and got Darren McFadden), beyond that, I'm mostly in the dark.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dem Cowboys are what they have always been:  An embodiment of everything that is wrong about America.  Those who support them deserve nothing but heartache and ruin.   

(Also, they signed a great pass-rusher who will miss the first 4 games because he likes to hit women, and their best DB blew out his knee.)

• Like 3

Enoch is in mid-season form already.  :lol:

Anyway, word is that Romo looked...  mobile during pre-season, I dunno, I never watch anything pre-season.  If he can move like a human again that would be helpful.  That said, I'll still cringe anytime he drops back to throw and there's a defender within 5 yards of him, because I know he's potentially 1 hit away from retirement.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=1

Useful TV maps link I use every week for anyone interested. :)

Panthers got a W in week 1, granted it was against the Jags, so not time to celebrate.  I have to start getting into the mode of cheering for the Panthers as my #2 team (the Cowboys will always be #1) since I plan to move to Charlotte next year.  I mean, getting tickets will likely be hard, but if I'm going to live in a city with a NFL team right there, I might as well try to go to some games.  It's not a team I cared about in either direction before, luckily, they're not a division rival of the Boys, so there's no conflict except for 1 game a year at most (unless they both make the Superbowl).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Fail. Fox Sports, you fail ... flamingos for a fluff shot of the local area ... there are no flamingos in the San Diego area, nor any within two thousand miles.  

* er, I mean, unless you visit the Zoo, where there are plenty of flamingos. I'll just go drink my medicine now. 

http://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/animals/flamingo

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.