NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

The refereeing is inconsistent, period. I don't know if there needs to be more of them on the field in different locations, or better trained, or they need to be able to review plays to make sure of penalties (and penalties should be challengable), or... All I know is that they seem to miss or miscall at least a few pretty blatant things pretty much almost every game. Sometimes it's WRs committing passing interference, sometimes it's DBs blatantly interfering, offensive linemen holding, late hits...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It's become more and more prevalent in resent years for wide receivers to push off the back of a DB to slow their own momentum to catch jump balls. In retaliation, many DBs try to reach out to gab onto the wideouts in order to maintain the spot they had been previously occupying and get called for pass interference. I almost never see a WR get called for doing this (when there is no retaliation) when it is, by both the letter and spirit of the rule, offensive pass interference.

Edited by the_dog_days

kinda surprised we ain't talking manifested off a 12-story ledge today. the depleted chargers lost to an equally depleted bears team, a bears team that gave up a red-zone fumble and a pick six in the first half.  

think he mentioned playing tomb raider.  perhaps that game is a balm for his charred football soul.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

SB SHOWDOWN THIS WEEKEND! NE VS NY! ELI THE TRUE MVP VS TOM THE IMPOSTER!!!

NE wins in a close one but NYG win the rematch in February! Deja Vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

^ It took about 15 seconds for that joke to make it's way through my thick neanderthal skull, but it was worth it.  :lol:

It would've been quicker for me if I could recognize what cheetahs looked like. I thought maybe it was a (female) "lie"-on, but I didn't really think lions were considered cats... :p

(e): Apparently, lions are felines, too. Yeah, so I don't know anything about cats. ;)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

The NFL is definitely trending towards ugly uniforms. Not as bad as the NCAA, but bad. But watching the Jets & Bills play in what looked like footie pajamas last night was just brutal on the eyes. It doesn't help the game was a stinker anyway but those were the worst, Worst. Looking. Uniforms. Ever. I didn't think it was possible to out-ugly the Steelers throwbacks but they found a way.

As Volo would say: FACT!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ha! When I first saw them, my reaction was, "They look like pajamas!"...but nobody else agreed with me. :( I couldn't pin down exactly why, but it just seemed that way to me.

They were also hilariously bad for red/green color-blind people: you literally could not tell the two teams apart. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

Fashion!

But, yeah, with how common red-green color-blindness is, it's kind of shocking that the NFL didn't see this one coming.  Ironically enough, the League's longstanding rule that required one (and only one) team in each game to wear white stemmed from a similar issue-- so that people with black & white TVs could follow the action. 

• Like 1

The NFL is definitely trending towards ugly uniforms. Not as bad as the NCAA, but bad. But watching the Jets & Bills play in what looked like footie pajamas last night was just brutal on the eyes. It doesn't help the game was a stinker anyway but those were the worst, Worst. Looking. Uniforms. Ever. I didn't think it was possible to out-ugly the Steelers throwbacks but they found a way.

As Volo would say: FACT!

I thought the Bills red looked ok, but the jets looked like the Vancouver Green Men...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Packers lost to the Lions, the worst team in the league, at Lambeau.

Me right before the end of the game:

74e707b0c2.jpg

A cascade of emotions afterwards:

7548459d8f.png

ba446b63dd.gif

01da5af792.gif

A little later:

fe10637413.png

e325a09645.jpg

b0ee892e52.gif

cfe4b1a4f7.gif

Right now, after becoming hysterical and recognizing the sheer ridiculousness of it all:

0cfffb87ed.jpg

56a1b9dacc.jpg

Topped off with a:

3006fb386d.gif

(e): oh and a

370fa6f8ac.jpg

P.S. I quickly made this in the 4th quarter while the Packers were making a comeback. They didn't quite make it, but I don't have anyone else to show, so here you go:

6444ead4f7.png

P.P.S. This may be way too many images for these boards: mods put a spoiler around them if you feel it's appropriate.

(edit): Three tough losses. Still 6-3, though. Things could be worse, I know.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

am knowing that green bay has been hit hard by injuries, but the packers were similarly snake-bit earlier in the year.  am admitted shocked at the speed with which the packers has gone from a nfc favorite to play in the super bowl to... whatever they are today.   minnesota looks like the class o' the nfc north, not that such is saying much.  however, while the vikings defense is getting less press than they should considering the excellent job they has done this far, they too are 1 injury away from disaster-- their lb corps has been hit hard.

wacky year o' football, and so many teams is defined by their injury report as 'posed to actual play on the field.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So Peyton was injured... if so, why the hell was he playing? Seriously, that team tries its best to sabatoage him. First with the demeaning a near 40 year old QB to change how he plays to having him play when injured (yeah I'm sure he wanted to play) though).

The Giants were so close...where did today go so wrong? :(

Setting them up for the SB. <> Just like the last time. L0L

But, yeah, that was annoying.   Espicially since they had both an INT and a sack  lost on the last drive. :p Not to mention the dropped TD recpetion by Beckham. :(

5-5. And, we can easily be 9-1. Only game we were flatly outplayed in was PHI but even then we had a great start then lost our way.

Make the playoffs then it is ours.  We showed today we can play with 'the best' just as I predicted. :)

Broncos are giving their all to turn last week's loss into a streak

qb troubles aside, am surprised at the problems the broncos have had on defense the past couple weeks.  on the positive side, the broncos are facing the bears next week, and the bears, in spite o' their win against the rams, is depleted along both the d-line and o-line as well as at rb and wr... and alshon jefferies, arguably the bears best offensive weapon, is playing injured.  

*shrug*

titans, jags, lions, browns, 49r's and bears is, in our opinion, the worst teams in the nfl as o' today... with chargers right on the bubble.  broncos got seven wins and two games 'gainst chargers and one 'gainst bears on their remaining schedule.  even with manning healthy, games vs. cincy and pats will be tough.  raiders is capable o' beating any team in the nfl, but they is still a couple years away from being a complete team.  steelers with roethlisberger is a very good team. 

looking at the remaining schedule, the bears game looks like one o' the few games the broncos should be confident about winning... particular w/o manning.   

HA! Good Fun!