NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

Hah. That makes me realize: Jaguars' only two wins this season have been at "home" in London. That's weird. tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The Cowboys offense continues to get more decimated every week.  Now not only are the starting QB and #1 WR out, the #1 RB is too.  Also, the #1 TE played, but he has a sprained everything.  Even with all that, the Boys still had a legitimate shot to win, but Matt Cassel decided to throw it to the Giants more than his own receivers.  :banghead:

I might as well come to grips with them being 2-8 by the time Romo comes back, this season is a lost cause.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I might as well come to grips with them being 2-8 by the time Romo comes back, this season is a lost cause.

They should just bag it for the rest of the season and try to get that #1 draft slot. Are there any good QB going pro next season?

Obviously, we won't know how things pan out for a few years, but it's looking like a rather thin class for QBs.  The top 2 current prospects are Jared Goff and Connor Cook, neither of which look likely to be the next Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck (Luck might be a bad example to use this year, given his performance).  Those 2 seem like the only QB prospects that are likely to be legit NFL starters.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

One of Luck's issues this season is hightend expectations. Too many 'experts' were labeling 'best QB in the game' or at least tied with Rodgers. He hasn't even been the best QB on his team.

\Heck, when Dallas' lost their starting QB their season went down the toilet... INDY lost their starting QB they rose to first in their division. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Greg Mother****ing Hardy!  He may be a **** human being, but he's one heck of a football player.  That was an amazing interception.  :w00t:

The way this season has gone, I need something, anything, to cheer about, even if they don't win this game.

As an aside, I didn't watch Giants/Saints earlier in the day because I was watching DOTA 2 on Twitch, but what in the world happened in that game?  Did both defenses just not show up for the game?

Edit:  Woo, blocked FG!

Edit 2:  And the Cowboys lose, no surprise, but at least I had something to cheer for.  Crazy as it may be, not that I have any delusions of the Cowboys winning the division, but how is it that they have gone 0-5 since Romo went down and are only 2 games down in the NFC East?  How is that possible?

As another aside, though no telling if it would have impacted the final score, NFL officials ****ed the Cowboys over late in the 2nd quarter when Seattle called a timeout, then had 12 men on the field after the timeout (how is that even possible?) and tried to call another timeout and the officials inexplicably (wrongly) called the play dead and announced that Seattle couldn't call another timeout (you can't call 2 in a row) instead of (rightfully) letting the play go on and ignoring the timeout call and letting Dallas snap the ball for a 12 men on the field penalty that would have given Dallas a 1st down and a chance for a TD instead of a FG (potential [no gaurantee the Cowboys score the TD from about the 12, where they would have had it had the play been called correctly] difference in score due to blatant referee error - 4 points.  Difference in final score - 1 point.  Just sayin').

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ah, I didn't realize they couldn't call two timeouts in a row: that's why that was so wacky (and unfortunate for the Cowboys). Yeah, that would've been a 1st down at near goal line, too. Stinks.

Boy, there sure were a lot of injuries across the league yesterday...yikes.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Also, yeah, that Saints/Giants game was absolutely ridiculous. 13 passing TDs...set the league record (previously 12 was the highest). And yet, that dumb 7 passing TDs record in one game from one player STILL has not been broken (although Brees tied it, again, as like 6 other players have, including Rodgers, Brady, and Manning, I think).

Also, is it just me, or does NBC's picture quality completely suck during camera changes? Seriously, every time they change the camera, it's like the video is in the middle of buffering and it looks all blurry and artifacty and horrible... It's every time I watch their games, too, not just yesterday. Don't understand how it can look so bad...but then again, it's not that big of a surprise, given how horrible their production values for football are in general.

Not the NFL but you can never let an opportunity to rub it in Duke's faces go by.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/11/01/miami-duke-lateral-play-referees-suspended

is difficult to feel bad for duke, but...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Also, yeah, that Saints/Giants game was absolutely ridiculous. 13 passing TDs...set the league record (previously 12 was the highest). And yet, that dumb 7 passing TDs record in one game from one player STILL has not been broken (although Brees tied it, again, as like 6 other players have, including Rodgers, Brady, and Manning, I think).Also, is it just me, or does NBC's picture quality completely suck during camera changes? Seriously, every time they change the camera, it's like the video is in the middle of buffering and it looks all blurry and artifacty and horrible... It's every time I watch their games, too, not just yesterday. Don't understand how it can look so bad...but then again, it's not that big of a surprise, given how horrible their production values for football are in general.

Brees had a career day and refereeing was suspect at best. That said, after two defensive stands the rookie-heavy-with-a-side-of-Browner defense was due a bad one.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Good news (for me), my Jets are 4-1. Bad news, they could've been 5-0 and will wish they'd won that Eagles' game at home by week 13. They had a really soft opening five weeks. I still don't think they have a shot to make the playoffs (unless both the Dolphins and the Bills tank), but they might finish the season five hundred.

Yep, it all went down hill quick. Now Fitzpatrick is out and Geno "Which Color Jersey Is My Team Wearing Again?" Smith is QB. At least I saw this coming. But, man, that lose to the Eagles at home is looking like the season deciding game. I cannot hope, for hope's first name is Geno. :(

Yep, it all went down hill quick. Now Fitzpatrick is out and Geno "Which Color Jersey Is My Team Wearing Again?" Smith is QB. At least I saw this coming. But, man, that lose to the Eagles at home is looking like the season deciding game. I cannot hope, for hope's first name is Geno. :(

As a guy whose team's season has rested on the arms of guys named Weeden and Cassel, I know the feeling.  >_<

I guess the one saving grace for the Boys is that they play in a **** division, so they might go 0-8 in Romo's absence and still have a chance to win the division.  :shifty:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Packers are getting DEMOLISHED by my newly adopted #2 team the Panthers. :w00t:  The Carolina defense is stout, Rodgers and company are getting nothing on offense.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Packers are getting DEMOLISHED by my newly adopted #2 team the Panthers. :w00t:  The Carolina defense is stout, Rodgers and company are getting nothing on offense.

Ah, liking the Panties explains also your qusetionable opinion of da2... ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ah, liking the Panties explains also your qusetionable opinion of da2... ;)

Well, unless my plans fall apart terribly, I'll be moving to Charlotte come spring time, and since the Panthers are not a division rival of my Boys (even if I moved to say Philly, I couldn't bring myself to cheer for the hated Iggles) and I've never disliked them, I decided to adopt them as a 2nd team to cheer for.  To be clear, on the weekend that they happen to play against the Boys I'll be rooting for the Boys and against the Panthers, but every other weekend I can cheer for them.

As an aside, Joe Buck's pathetic beard is both hilarious and sad.

Edit:  Cam Netwon is trying his hardest to give this game away.  :facepalm:

Edit 2:  And the Panthers still win despite being screwed not once but twice by the refs on reviews and Cam Newton making some horrible throws.  (He makes some great throws, but when he's off he's WAAAAAAAY off) 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dear diary,

Today, football was pretty weird.

Should have been ejected on the spot for that. Still, the consequences directly helped them lose, which was fitting.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Two of my teams lost today, Green Bay and Denver. At least Detroit didn't lose today. LOL

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Jets win a game after consecutive loses. Next is Buffalo on Thursday night (I hate Thursday night games).

On a side note, watched three nationally televised games yesterday. Is it just me or do wide receivers get away with some pass interference? I WRs boxing out DBs on the goal line (which a defender would definitely get called for) or Greg Olson's "push a DB into me to get a call" act. Defensive players are being held to a double standard. I wish the league would be honest about it and just come out and say offensive players can do whatever the heck they want.