New Real Time With Pause Dungeons & Dragons RPG - SWORD COAST LEGENDS

Infinitron

Figured out how to get my forum badge to display over there. It was sort of a pain.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Are you guys really migrating, I don't know, seems bright and less interesting than here. Plus there is no evidence whatsoever of Shaka Cthulhu, I checked every thread. 

Migrating? No. Just visiting. I'm sot seeing too many familiar faces from the BI or even Bio boards over there. Although there are plenty of folks familiar with the IE games. I think most came in with NWN Online and games like that.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Gfted1: You forgot all that sweet, sweet XP, for all baddies no less, along with fumbles and many other D&D staples. original.gif

epic-high-five-batman.jpg

As for that tileset: It will surely be handy when you play multiplayer with others and stuff.

Yeah, I suppose everyone involved in the session will need the same tile sets.

Maybe I haven't had my coffee yet but is robin smacking batman'a ass there?

Still nothing about the single-player campaign.

I stopped following it for that reason.  If it's good, I can still buy it when it ships.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

They got a release date yet by chance?

From what I reading on the forums over there it will be later than sooner. So far they have been very tight lipped about what it's got. The only things confirmed are 5e rules and DM control for multiplayer. It has been confirmed there will be a single player campaign but it came from one of the devs in a forum rather than on the "official" side of the site. 

Thomas Sowell

5e rules are not confirmed, unfortunately.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

If you believe that PCG article, 5E rules are confirmed. To what extent, though ...

Pretty sure the mid-1980s was the first time I desperately wanted to see a video game edition of table-top D&D ... I never thought there would be room for a digital Dungeon Master, my god, the future is awesome.  

All Stop. On Screen.

The last ruleset I really learned was 2E. Always has been my favorite. Of course I was in high school and actually had time to do things like D&D and friends to do it with.

Thomas Sowell

I don't see anything super interesting yet. Lots of stuff about DMs and various previews but they worm and dodge their way past answering how and to what degree they're adopting 5e rules. Cooldowns or ray of frost 'making wizards archers' isn't bad by itself, but they haven't given solid confirmation that this is the return of D&D gaming like we know it. It could just as easily be Dark Alliance with a party at this point, especially with console porting. 

I'll buy it if it's largely a faithful implementation of D&D, but despite selling itself as D&D Reborn, even that isn't clear.

• Like 1

"If I can play a dwarf, then I'll buy it."

Who said that ?

Thats Volo :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

it looks like Diablo meets NWN, it is not classic DnD, but might be fun to play

If you look at it more closely the game plays itself. You can see the guy not pause except at start of battle and other 3 characters use all their abilities themselves and switch to new targets. He barely had to do anything and nobody was close to being knocked out. 

I don't see the fun in playing a game like that. I might as well go watch one of those terrible D&D movies again. 

Edited by archangel979
  • Like 2