New Real Time With Pause Dungeons & Dragons RPG - SWORD COAST LEGENDS

Infinitron

Looks really awful. Seems like they are trying to milk money off people who like RTwP.

I thinks that's a pretty bold assessment on an early one minute teaser video...

That's one minute teaser video and information on their website. If you can't see that this looks like an awful game then maybe you have bad taste in games? In that case, just go ahead and pre-order it :cat:

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Not gonna judge at this point but just looks-wise it looks bland as hell. I don't want to go back to the NWN style of 3d graphics for realtime w pause, urrrgh.

Still, hope it'll be good. Wish it wasn't D&D but what can you do?

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Looks really awful. Seems like they are trying to milk money off people who like RTwP.

That's one minute teaser video and information on their website. If you can't see that this looks like an awful game then maybe you have bad taste in games? In that case, just go ahead and pre-order it :cat:

Here's another bold idea: how about you stay out of a thread that is a discussion about a game you obviously already hate?

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Here's another bold idea: how about you stay out of a thread that is a discussion about a game you obviously already hate?

Done and done. c66.gif

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I wish I could trade Divinity: Original Sin for this game.

I would gladly be on the other side of that trade, so we're both in theoretical luck.

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Meh, sounds like NWN 1.5 and I loathed NWN. Will pay mild attention (primarily for potential lulz), expecting tepid at best SP and lots of dlc baiting MP emphasis.

Not sure where you're even getting that; it looks more like a RTwP ToEE. The only similarities I see are in the setting and the perspective.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It seems it will have cooldowns. I don't like that. Probably only loosely based on D&D rules which means we get crap games like Neverwinter or D&D Online.

Only 5 races and 6 classes.. I bet those 6 classes will not have subclasses like in D&D and will lack most abilities and spells.

And they are going to sell more classes with small DLCs and milk us for all we got.

Edited by archangel979

Uses per day is quite very different from cooldowns... come on, I don't need to write a paragraph on that, right?

I think this is only based on D&D 5E and not fully D&D? A bit confused on that.

I'm guessing they'll be Dwarf, Elf, Human, Halfling, and... Half-orc?

What's the alternative to cooldowns? Uses per day? Meh, same diff really.

Maybe like in PnP. WTF you make a D&D game and change its basics. And if cooldows are so fun, PoE is full of tho.. ups it is not!

Cooldowns kill strategy and only leave tactics for combat. I can understand with these guys being DAO and ME devs decided to use cooldowns but I still don't like it in my D&D game. I at least hope character building options are going to be complex but I am afraid they are not.

Edited by archangel979

Uses per day is quite very different from cooldowns... come on, I don't need to write a paragraph on that, right?

I think this is only based on D&D 5E and not fully D&D? A bit confused on that.

In the IGN interview they say it's "based" on D&D 5E so I guess they have at least some freedom here.

And IIRC Baldurs Gate wasn't a "100%" implementation of D&D E3 neither.

Either way, they have some "old" (pre-DA2/ME2) Bioware talent on board, so I'm mildly optimistic:

• Dan Tudge -> former game director and executive producer of Dragon Age: Origins
  • Ross Gardner -> former technical director of Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age: Origins and Neverwinter Nights
  • Jay Turner -> former author of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect
35167v4.jpg

Right, but five uses per day is five charges followed by a day long cooldown, is it not? At least from a distance there's not that much difference.

Breath weapons useable every N rounds? Is that not also a cooldown? Cooldowns have been around from well before computer games. So why the dislike? It's just a balance mechanic. The alternative, I suppose, are either unreliable powers, powers with a backlash, powers that rely on a limited resource, or powers too weak to be unbalancing when used every round.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."