435 Discussion

Sensuki

Yeah, I think that's a bit silly also. I guess they just set a global thing where whenever you enter a new place at all you get XP? Would make a bit more sense if it were only the outdoor locations plus special places like caverns and such.

Not a biggie but it feels kinda silly.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Don't know if it's been brought up but I found it funny that every house you enter in the town records it as a new map and gives you xp. I can see myself running in and out of houses as I go down streets in towns and cities. :lol:

VP1M0Tl.jpg

Prosperous, Medreth and his gang is still alive in your screenshot!

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Imo, exploration xp should definitely be in the game so Im happy to see that picture.

Indeed why should exploration be limited to outdoor areas isn't it likely to be just as important (if not more so) to discover places and things in towns, buildings, dungeons, etc...

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

You're not murdering people when you enter their houses, you're just being rude.

You are entering houses for sole reason to get XP.

Perhaps you are only entering without knocking/getting permission simply because the game offers no way to do so.

Surely there will be some quest information , quest solutions, and quest givers to be discovered by locating and entering buildings, houses and other places and since we don't know which buildings or other places those are doesn't it follow that it may be worthwhile to enter many buildings over the course of the game seeking assistance, answers, criminals, monsters, ghosts, quest givers, etc whether or not any experieince is rewarded or not? If so how does it follow that if experience is given when you discover something pertinent by entering a house or cave or building that the only reason you do so is to get said experience?

Maybe you are just doing so to further the games plot and side plots - you know like adventuring???  smh

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Isn't entering every house just to get XP proving it to the anti-combatXP crowd they were right?!

yes, but we thinks the developers is having a little laugh at the expense o' folks like gifted.  the total amount o' xp garnered for mindlessly exploring every building on a map is extreme small compared to the objective or quest offerings.  bestiary is similar but not quite as bad as exploration. to appease the folks demanding _________ xp, the developers throws in what amounts to joke xp, but some folks don't seem to realize that they is being laughed at. pop open a chest and get 150xp.  complete an objective and get 12,000 xp.

the objective xp in the beta is incredible inflated.  so, perhaps if xp for opening locks and walking through a doorway remains unchanged in the release, then such awards will be proportional more significant in the actual game, but at the moment, what we got is the developers having a laugh at the expense o' some folks. developers throw in insignificant token rewards and that satisfies the loudest advocates o' ________ xp?  am suspecting that some obsidian is chuckling about exploration xp.

woody.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yes, but we thinks the developers is having a little laugh at the expense o' folks like gifted.  the total amount o' xp garnered for mindlessly exploring every building on a map is extreme small compared to the objective or quest offerings.

Rofl, fine with me! Hell, they can even rename it "Gfted1 xp" to really teach me a lesson.

Aside, how many enterable areas are there per map and how map are in the game? Surely you have some precognition ability or inside information since you already know the total.

yes, but we thinks the developers is having a little laugh at the expense o' folks like gifted.

Pretty much. While not aimed at anyone specifically, the incredlbly poor implementation of Exploration XP is probably a "HERE GUISE HERE'S SOME XP FOR ENTERING AN AREA!!!" to appease the people complaining about the XP system. I dunno.

Hopefully they re-visit XP rewards again in the future.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else think it's really strange that that spear quest in Lle A Rhemen isn't actually a quest/task? If it was the IE games you'd get XP for doing something like that.

yes, but we thinks the developers is having a little laugh at the expense o' folks like gifted.  the total amount o' xp garnered for mindlessly exploring every building on a map is extreme small compared to the objective or quest offerings.

Rofl, fine with me! Hell, they can even rename it "Gfted1 xp" to really teach me a lesson.

Aside, how many enterable areas are there per map and how map are in the game? Surely you have some precognition ability or inside information since you already know the total.

we don't need to know # o' maps. we has seen proportions in the beta and we has read developer comments.  

so, enjoy your title, woody.

if the token grant o' xp for combat, locks and exploration satisfies folks, so much the better, but it is a joke... is just a joke that all the woodies on the boards doesn't appear to be in on... which kinda makes more humorous.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So you don't know the total Exploration xp garnered? Too bad.

And I would love an in-game reference. I probably don't hold as esteemed a position in Sawyers mind as I do yours (why else would you be constantly thinking about me and referencing me) but anything you can do to make that happen would be great. And sorry Grom grom, I cant reciprocate those feelings. Its not you, its me. *pats back*

And I would love an in-game reference. I probably don't hold as esteemed a position in Sawyers mind as I do yours (why else would you be constantly thinking about me and referencing me) but anything you can do to make that happen would be great. And sorry Grom grom, I cant reciprocate those feelings. Its not you, its me. *pats back*

and this is why the joke is on you. you see 50 exp for walking through a door and is happy. sensuki, whom Gromnir often disagrees with, recognizes the trivial nature o' the current exploration xp grant for likely same reasons as Gromnir. 

as to referencing you...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70226-435-discussion/?p=1568108

you made an observation that led to the post we quoted.  being a little narcissistic, eh?   nevertheless, it is typical that the kids who don't like having their silliness exposed would rather discuss Gromnir than the topic in question.  let's try and stay on-topic eh. is bad form for a mod.

HA! Good Fun!

and this is why the joke is on you. you see 50 exp for walking through a door and is happy. sensuki, whom Gromnir often disagrees with, recognizes the trivial nature o' the current exploration xp grant for likely same reasons as Gromnir. 

as to referencing you...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70226-435-discussion/?p=1568108

you made an observation that led to the post we quoted.  being a little narcissistic, eh?   nevertheless, it is typical that the kids who don't like having their silliness exposed would rather discuss Gromnir than the topic in question.  let's try and stay on-topic eh. is bad form for a mod.

HA! Good Fun!

Also, theres this. TBH, youre getting a bit stalker-esque what with referencing a poster that hasn't been here in years and another that hadn't even participated in the thread up to that point. Is bad form for a lawyer. :yes:

"So you don't know the total Exploration xp garnered? Too bad."

repeating self as a response. how... predictable, and illustrative.

*shrug*

so, you don't know that the total exploration xp garnered will be better than what we has seen in the beta? too bad, 'cause all we have is developer comments and the beta.

how many posts you wanna mindless repeat before you gotta end? think o' this as a teaching moment.

btw, just today we also just mentioned val in reference to conspiracy theories... and in the post you single out, we mentioned karzak.  gosh, mentioned karzak once in the past 3 years.  am thinking we has singled-out bruce when we reference the people who is vocal advocates o' romance. dear lord. got anybody else we mentions in a post? perhaps those o' you poor quivering and abused posters can form a support group. over 5000 posts by Gromnir... sheesh.

but again, you would rather discuss Gromnir. is bad form.  we would refer you to board rules 'bout off-topic, but that would be silly.

HA! Good Fun!

Soooo, you got nothing? Not surprising.

Its exhausting to have to break everything down for you but Ill give it one more shot. In that link you also reference me, yet another person not participating in the discussion up to that point. And then again today you cant keep my name out of your mouth. Look, I understand that I take up a large place in your thoughts but you just have to get over it. Im not into you like that. Sorry lil buddy. shrugnz9.gif

Soooo, you got nothing? Not surprising.

Its exhausting to have to break everything down for you but Ill give it one more shot. In that link you also reference me, yet another person not participating in the discussion up to that point. And then again today you cant keep my name out of your mouth. Look, I understand that I take up a large place in your thoughts but you just have to get over it. Im not into you like that. Sorry lil buddy. shrugnz9.gif

*sigh*

speaking o' one more time. the person we reference in that thread other than you is karzak, a person who has not posted here for Years...  and we has not referenced even longer.   if you is suggesting that such infrequent referencing is stalking, then, uh... well, maybe you wanna try and suck it up a bit chum.  you need a safe place?

http://www.asafeplacedvs.org/

a some point in the distant future, when confronted by random spammers, we will likely mention you again.

if somebody tenaciously hounds the developers over a single issue, we will likely mention karzak again... another 3 years from now.

if yet another romance thread is spawned, chances are we will quip that bruce is likely gonna post in 3... 2... 1...

etc.

if this is a genuine problem, seeing Gromnir offhand mention you once every few months or years  in a thread where you aint even posting as you linked above, then we thinks you got a problem... and if you do have a personal problem and don't wanna genuine discuss game issue, we believe the proper venue is pm.  

is embarrassing we gotta explain this stuff to a mod, but there it is.

HA! Good Fun!