Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Dabbling in two styles? In DAI? Ewwwwwwww. That wasn't a good idea in previous games. It's a terrible idea in this one.

I heard daggers was pretty good, though, just hard to keep alive.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Iron Bull dies a lot.  Which is weird considering how big and strong he's supposed to be.  He's always the first to fall though whenever my party is facing a particularly tough enemy.  Especially dragons -- which is even funnier because of how much he loves fighting dragons.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If your melee isn't specced specifically for defense, which it won't be if it's not sword/shield and Vanguard, it needs to be actively controlled to survive.

Dodge is important.

This is why I respecced Bull to ss even though I only used him for one mission.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Did Joan of Arc or Boudica even fight? One was a mascot and prophet, the other a spiritual and political leader. We do have a female version of warrior, it's warrioress. We have another term for female warriors, "Amazons" after the Greek nation where women would hunt and wage war alongside men.

Just because a game has magic doesn't mean that it has to have equal ability between gender in martial skills. It doesn't follow that all realism has to fly out the window because you introduce some fantasy elements.

it's interesting that a word for warrioress, "Srikandi", would be associated with an Indian fable of transexualism including a warrior  refusing to fight a woman.

*insert eye-roll here*

is such a bass ackwards pov... not to mention hyperbolic in the extreme. the notion that "realism has to fly out the window" because in a fantasy game we is choosing not to punish women gamers for playing traditionally male roles is funny.  and even then, we suspect that any popular crpg you thinks is realistic... ain't. real combat is much like hobbes state o' nature.  given the avalanche o' unrealistic elements in any crpg, to rage or obsess over women being treated equal is laughably myopic.

am not gonna even touch your lazy history.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Did anyone else think Krem was a woman the first time you heard their voice, even before the "reveal"?  My first reaction when I met Bull's Chargers was "why did they hire a female voice actor for this male character?"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Did anyone else think Krem was a woman the first time you heard their voice, even before the "reveal"?  My first reaction when I met Bull's Chargers was "why did they hire a female voice actor for this male character?"

Yes.

The Iron Bull dies a lot.  Which is weird considering how big and strong he's supposed to be.  He's always the first to fall though whenever my party is facing a particularly tough enemy.  Especially dragons -- which is even funnier because of how much he loves fighting dragons.

Anything without an alternative damage sink(Guard or Barrier) is going to go down fast. For 2-Handers the best way to keep up guard is to use Vanguard talents or Fade-Touched Silverite. I would say SnS Warriors are generally better than 2H ones though.

I had the most problem with Rogues TBH. Archery is probably the best option there, considering how fragile they are but if they get bum-rushed chances are they're going to die. Games pretty unbalanced.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Yes, the voice and no beard stubble whatsoever.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I bet you guys in the west don't even have a word for woman warrior isn't it?

You just said it yourself. Warrior is gender neutral so it applies to both genders. 

Really?.....or it is because it doesn't exist in the west. Women warrior in the west is a rare, like Joan of Arc

So you must say "woman warrior", you don't say the same if they are men. You must specified the gender

But here, we have the word, "Srikandi", women warriors are "Srikandi", they are always exist here, it is not a rare word either

Men warriors we called "Pendekar"

"Amazon" is a word for women warriors. If that is what you're looking for. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Could we please get back to topic?

I just plugged my Xbox controller to my PC and voilà! A world of difference, it plays much more smoothly than KB+M, even though its not as precise and I need more controller practice. 

Hear, hear for the first part!

For the second, as a proper, civilised PC gamer I'm holding out with mouse and keyboard until Bioware delivers on those claims they were looking into M+KB fixes.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Hear, hear for the first part!

For the second, as a proper, civilised PC gamer I'm holding out with mouse and keyboard until Bioware delivers on those claims they were looking into M+KB fixes.

That was my plan too, but since BW didn't give us an exact ETA of their patch that is supposed to fix PC control issues I bought a controller.

Little profit lies in patching a game post-hype so there is not much motivation. It could take months for further fixes.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Did Joan of Arc or Boudica even fight? One was a mascot and prophet, the other a spiritual and political leader. We do have a female version of warrior, it's warrioress. We have another term for female warriors, "Amazons" after the Greek nation where women would hunt and wage war alongside men.

Just because a game has magic doesn't mean that it has to have equal ability between gender in martial skills. It doesn't follow that all realism has to fly out the window because you introduce some fantasy elements.

it's interesting that a word for warrioress, "Srikandi", would be associated with an Indian fable of transexualism including a warrior  refusing to fight a woman.

*insert eye-roll here*

is such a bass ackwards pov... not to mention hyperbolic in the extreme. the notion that "realism has to fly out the window" because in a fantasy game we is choosing not to punish women gamers for playing traditionally male roles is funny.  and even then, we suspect that any popular crpg you thinks is realistic... ain't. real combat is much like hobbes state o' nature.  given the avalanche o' unrealistic elements in any crpg, to rage or obsess over women being treated equal is laughably myopic.

HA! Good Fun!

And you're the one calling me lazy, with that fallacy and hand waving. Punish women? Rage or obsess? Now that's hyperbole. Is it a silly rationale to appeal to realism in the case of frame and muscle correlating with strength? No. Is your argument valid? No. Most games would appeal to realism in some form or another, competing with other concerns they still simulate reality to certain degrees. It's a valid preference and has nothing to do with the fantasy elements such as magic or monsters, that statement was illogical. That there are so many other conceits to gameplay and dev time in CRPGs is a better argument to any appeal to realism but you didn't make it.

I'd love to know what you dispute in regards to what I wrote about history, because it looks like you're just blowing smoke.

*insert eye-roll here*

HA! Good Fun!

And you're the one calling me lazy, with that fallacy and hand waving. Punish women? Rage or obsess? Now that's hyperbole. Is it a silly rationale to appeal to realism in the case of frame and muscle correlating with strength? No. Is your argument valid? No. Most games would appeal to realism in some form or another, competing with other concerns they still simulate reality to certain degrees. It's a valid preference and has nothing to do with the fantasy elements such as magic or monsters, that statement was illogical. That there are so many other conceits to gameplay and dev time in CRPGs is a better argument to any appeal to realism but you didn't make it.

I'd love to know what you dispute in regards to what I wrote about history, because it looks like you're just blowing smoke.

you stated conclusions about historical figures. there were no history in your history.

and you not give us anything to respond to with the rest o' your post as it is little more than a "nuh uh" response. some games have some element o' reality in them? gosh, really?  gosh, well no crpg is complete realistic neither. duh. that was a marvelous bit o' insight. thanks for sharing.

is games. is entertainment. women, a sizable percentage of the players o' these crpgs, should be punished for playing a role? yeah, a strength penalty for a strength-based character would be a functional punishment. the explanation for such a penalty is as follows: you chose to play a female. is easy to see how a penalty would discourages a player from making an in-game choice... we not need to explain that, yes?  conversely, explain how existence of a gender-based strength penalty makes the game better. is such a penalty no more than aesthetic choice based on hypocritical notions o' realism? no doubt some handful o' folks will embrace the myopic notion that teh rheulnuss o' a strength-based penalty for gender makes a game better... 'cause it is more... uh, real? fine. on the one hand we got women and folks who would want to play female strength-based characters. on the other hand, we got... who? the folks who ignore literal hundreds and thousands o' unrealistic game elements but stand their ground on gender based penalties?  that Should sound ridiculous.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Malays are not Indian, and in India transsexuals are called "hijra" as far as i know.

Malay languange is 70% Sanskrit if you want to know, we don't talk Sanskrit but our language derived from it and mix with Arab, Chinese, Europeans and who know what else who visit us in the past, and so become Bahasa Melayu. SEA especially Melaka was a port cities and emporiums, that's why western people come here want to monopolize it

Edit : to add : Malays are Aryan, Hitler was wrong, German is not Aryan at all, it's Malay

Edited by Qistina

so, a muslim woman walks into a bar and criticizes western notions o' freedom of gender roles... is start of a bad joke, yes? 

*shrug*

is more than a few western cultures that got iconic woman-warrior examples, and they is far less obscure than qis example. joan of arc, boudica, etc. however, we make two observatioons that should be obvious, but ain't.

1) biology, not bigotry, prevented women from pursuing martial careers for almost the entirety of human history.

for all of pre-history and most of history, martial pursuits required considerable strength, particular upper-body strength. swing a sword, shoot arrows, carry a shield, and other such activities all require manly upper body strength. sure, there were women who had exceptional strength, and there were also arms and armour that women could excel with even if they didn't have manly strength, but such stuff were atypical, which is part o' why women contributing to combat were also rare.

'course, the unspoken but likely more significant reason for women being excluded from combat (and many other pursuits) is that women is the gender that provides gestation o' live births in the human species.  we could detail how significant pregnancy were in limiting women's roles up until very recent times, but that would be tedious... though it will likely become inevitable when some clown starts spouting off anecdotal examples and the tripe their women-in-history professors taught them.

in any event, is not the fault o' women that biology made it difficult for their gender to contribute to martial history for much o' human existence, but it is a fact that women had a very limited role in actual combat until relative recent times. firearms and reliable and safe birth control  has effectively removed virtual all such biological hurdles to women, so now they can kill as effective as can men. hooray for progress?

That is not a universal truth, there are a lot of parts in the world are not open to you or you don't know about making you make such generalization of human history. The world is not only the west, and Muslims are not only Arabs. There are millions of peoples in the world with millions of cultures and belief. Even Christians are not the same everywhere because of the culture of the peoples but "Christians" stereotypically "westernized"

Do you know that SEA have been hidden from the world in history actually have reach civilization since Pharaoh of Egypt bulding their pyramids and have trade relationship with Pharaohs? Just because we are not popular in your place doesn't mean we don't exist. And it doesn't make we are the same with you all in other part of the world. Wstern peoples always love to assume things that is why you people are easily to fall into propagandas...

Edited by Qistina

I bet you guys in the west don't even have a word for woman warrior isn't it?

You just said it yourself. Warrior is gender neutral so it applies to both genders. 

Really?.....or it is because it doesn't exist in the west. Women warrior in the west is a rare, like Joan of Arc

So you must say "woman warrior", you don't say the same if they are men. You must specified the gender

But here, we have the word, "Srikandi", women warriors are "Srikandi", they are always exist here, it is not a rare word either

Men warriors we called "Pendekar"

"Amazon" is a word for women warriors. If that is what you're looking for. 

Really? Isn't Amazon is a name of a place? Forest?

we linked an article by norani othman, a "Professor and Senior Fellow at the Institute of Malaysian and International Studies."

no doubt she don't know anything 'bout islam, malaysia or the treatment o' women beyond Gromnir's quaint little corner o' the world.

HA! Good Fun!

we linked an article by norani othman, a "Professor and Senior Fellow at the Institute of Malaysian and International Studies."

no doubt she don't know anything 'bout islam, malaysia or the treatment o' women beyond Gromnir's quaint little corner o' the world.

HA! Good Fun

You know history is long and not just modern history?

My country was under western occupation for a very long time, Islam here today is also changed due to sect that control Arabs, Islam in the past are not the same with Islam today, Malay peoples are also influenced by what happen in Arabia in religion things

"Malaysia" itself created long after WW2, that is why i said do not look at history with political boundary that exist after WW2, that's modern history

Malay people are not just "Malaysians"

Edited by Qistina

HA! Good Fun

we made that exact point in our post that you initially quoted. good for you that you picked up on that, if only subconsciously.

so?

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun

we made that exact point in our post that you initially quoted. good for you that you picked up on that, if only subconsciously.

so?

HA! Good Fun!

So, there are westernized Malays here as well Islamic Malays and "who cares" Malay types. "Sister In Islam" is westernized liberal group of Muslim women who adopt western liberal ideologies, so their view is western bias. I do agree with some of their points, but not all. My people here have influenced much by what happen in the world in recent time, especially after WW2 (and 9/11), unlike in ancient time

So today, we have socialist, liberal, communist, democratic, secular, Arabic Islamic, non-Arabic Islamic, various of Muslim sects, traditionalists, LGBT and you name it....they all have their own agendas, you only quote one source and take it as the whole truth.

Edited by Qistina

is funny. you don't even see what you are saying, eh? the folks who is demanding a relaxing o' gender roles in malaysia is a group having a western bias. you recognize the problem given your earlier posts about western bias?

oh, and we sure as hell don't take one person's opinion as the whole truth about the role of women in malaysia... we will leave you to ponder that point.

HA! Good Fun!

So...weakest build?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands