What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Metro 2033 Redux is so beautiful with all the settings on ultra high with smoooth 60fps. Love it so far, immersion is extreme and the world is so incredibly detailed, I've yearned for a scary immersive survival FPS game and think this ones the answer. And finally a game that isn't centered around Americans or the US, geographically.

There is only a handful of things that bother me:

1. Voice actors, there are like three different ones in the game?

2. Military grade ammunition vs reloaded ammunition, unless you don't know what you're doing hand loaded ammunition will always be be more valuable since tolerances will be much much smaller compared to millions of run off the mill rounds. And the smaller the tolerances the better the accuracy and reliability. You'd have to screw up big time to make mil ammo more valuable then your own reloads.

3. Saving via checkpoints. How in the nine hells am I supposed to know where the game saved?  

4. Female population -90% of the remaining humans seem to be male? 

5. Gun sounds aren't super realistic. 

But those are just minor gripes.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I am playing Gran Turismo 6 now and then, finally found a good online community, the only problem is, that I am really far behind the best of them :( But the racing is really fun.

In the meanwhile I am still playing Star Ocean 4. Just got 99,999 hits battle trophy for edge few days ago and getting close to 30,000 kills battle trophy with him. ~3600 kills to go.

And started to play again Shadowrun Returns on Hard difficulty. This time with Dwarf melee brute, with almost all karma put into Strength and Close Combat. The Pommel attack combined with Haste buff from Shaman is really overpowered O.o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

@Woldan - If you like Metro, and you haven't played any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games yet, I suggest you do, as Metro is often considered an unofficial spiritual sequel to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  Just don't start with Clear Sky.  Clear Sky, at least unmodded, will leave a bad taste in your mouth and give you a bad impression of an otherwise great series.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I enjoyed what I played of the first release Metro - and certainly liked its looks on mega high/dx11 settings etc. As is often the case these days I didn't ever finish it so I didn't get any other releases. But I definitely liked the different environment as well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Whoever designed the driving mechanics in Far Cry 4 needs to be fired.  Driving a vehicle feels like I'm drunk the entire time and I'm pushing around a square box that doesn't like to turn smoothly.  I'm early on, but I just know some of the missions will require driving.  I'm not looking forward to those at all.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Whoever designed the driving mechanics in Far Cry 4 needs to be fired.  Driving a vehicle feels like I'm drunk the entire time and I'm pushing around a square box that doesn't like to turn smoothly.  I'm early on, but I just know some of the missions will require driving.  I'm not looking forward to those at all.

Doesn't the game have auto-drive?  I thought I remember a certain Cynical Brit alluding to as much.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Doesn't the game have auto-drive?  I thought I remember a certain Cynical Brit alluding to as much.

It does.  But you have to set your destination for it to follow, and it takes straight lines everywhere (even if there's things in the way).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I would have liked Far Cry 4 if it wasn't basically Far Cry 3 again but with different wallpaper -- Think I'll stick with the 3rd game and focus on some other titles. It didn't particularly thrill me.

Metro 2033 Redux is so beautiful with all the settings on ultra high with smoooth 60fps. Love it so far, immersion is extreme and the world is so incredibly detailed, I've yearned for a scary immersive survival FPS game and think this ones the answer. And finally a game that isn't centered around Americans or the US, geographically.

There is only a handful of things that bother me:

1. Voice actors, there are like three different ones in the game?

2. Military grade ammunition vs reloaded ammunition, unless you don't know what you're doing hand loaded ammunition will always be be more valuable since tolerances will be much much smaller compared to millions of run off the mill rounds. And the smaller the tolerances the better the accuracy and reliability. You'd have to screw up big time to make mil ammo more valuable then your own reloads.

3. Saving via checkpoints. How in the nine hells am I supposed to know where the game saved?  

4. Female population -90% of the remaining humans seem to be male? 

5. Gun sounds aren't super realistic. 

But those are just minor gripes.

Yeah the Metro games are excellent. I really think they captured the desperation of a post-apocalyptic world accurately , especially the first one where ammunition is scarce and everytime you go outside you are nervous  8) 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

especially the first one where ammunition is scarce and everytime you go outside you are nervous  cool.png 

How is that different to real life?

Well in RL I'm not worried about mutant birds attacking me from the sky when I walk the streets  :w00t: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I can't say the same unfortunately. Damn seagulls.

Off-topic: Makes me think of Supernatural's episode where Dean could understand animals, and got into an argument with a pigeon who "bombed" his car...
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, thats it, I'm not going to touch Metro for the next million years. What started as an incredibly awesome game has become a nightmare of running around in circles in half-destroyed dark buildings not knowing where to go and choking to death in the process. Frustration level 500 has been reached, and I have the patience of a saint. (Well, almost)

Edited by Woldan

Well, thats it, I'm not going to touch Metro for the next million years. What started as an incredibly awesome game has become a nightmare of running around in circles in half-destroyed dark buildings not knowing where to go and choking to death in the process. Frustration level 500 has been reached, and I have the patience of a saint. (Well, almost)

I'm going to pull back the curtain and slightly spoil the game, but not the story, for you. Despite the way the game does everything to create this sense of scarce, dwindling resources, the designers never let you completely screw yourself. There is always a cashe of ammo and filters somewhere near each checkpoint within breathing distance. You just have to find it, though please note they will not always be easy to get to but it's possible even with a knife. So in the sections where the path isn't obvious be a bit more methodical, you actually can afford to be.

Edited by Serrano

I spent like 15 minutes wandering around in the library's vents, I'm absolutely certain there is no filter left in the vicinity, also the big mutants are very tough and I've run out of ammo. I dumped almost all my ammo into them only killing one and the knife really doesn't do anything. So I'm completely lost, choking, with no ammo while big beasts eventually hunt and kill me.

I actually think this would make a fitting canon ending for my play through.

Edited by Woldan

I'm playing the Jagged Alliance: Flashback that a certain Mr. Sands so graciously gifted me.  I'm just starting out.  It's okay so far, seems more like JA1 than JA2 to me, but that's from a super small sample size.  I dunno, the game hasn't made me pump my fist and say "hell yeah!" like I did almost immediately with Wasteland 2, but I do want to keep playing it, so there's that.  I'll say this for the game: At first I was pretty disappointed and put off by the graphics, but the simplistic art style coupled with the vibrant colors weirdly works, and rather well in my opinion.  It's certainly not going to win any awards for graphical fidelity, but the look has grown on me.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Isn't it funny how one's feeling about a game can turn on a dime like that? :lol:

That was one reason I never finished the game. I liked it but I figured I wasn't "good" enough to be able to deal with attrition, much as I liked the way they did things. I miss too much/use too much ammo in most shooters. lol

Game of Thrones, the Telltale one.

I've only just started, it seems great, but it looks awful. I mean that. It's very fuzzy and blurry for some reason, like I would have expected if I were playing the PS3 version, not the PS4.

Also it tries to recreate the intro from the show. And that is the worst thing I've ever seen outside of a bleeding bargain bin movie tie-in.

The writing and characters are sound. Mechanically it's a Telltale game, but they really should have done something original with that intro. Trying to copy a high budget HBO show in the Telltale Tool was such a bad idea.

Edit: Apparently the awful look in the game is a paint filter. They're going for a painted effect. This work a bit better in lighted areas, but the game starts off dark and it just kind of smudges the graphics. However, it also causes everything to look artifacted when the camera moves.

Finished episode 1: Bold move, Telltale. Good show.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I spent like 15 minutes wandering around in the library's vents, I'm absolutely certain there is no filter left in the vicinity, also the big mutants are very tough and I've run out of ammo. I dumped almost all my ammo into them only killing one and the knife really doesn't do anything. So I'm completely lost, choking, with no ammo while big beasts eventually hunt and kill me.

A hint: reload back to where you have at least SOME time on your filters left, and just keep putting on your mask after you nearly asphyxiate and then immediately take it off and rinse and repeat. It's basically infinite filters.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Far Cry 4's main story quests are kind of annoyingly designed.  It's basically a free for all where you have to singlehandedly take on wave after wave of enemies.

It's why I prefer the side quest missions.  You can approach a lot of them different ways.

I just killed them in 2033 but afaik you don't have to kill the Librarians at all (and, as a matter of fact, they are nigh unkillable in Lats Light, on purpose, where they also respawn rather quickly to boot...). Pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere that you have to stare them in the face and they will bugger off (at least for a little while), though I seem to remember people saying that this was slightly dodge in 2033.

Then again, maybe the Librarians in 2033 Redux *are* the ones from Last Light, in which case staring them in the eyes *will* make them bugger off and actually trying to fight them is just a massive waste of time and resources.

Personally finished up the new Shadow Warrior game, it was good fun, though the controls were dodgy and sprinting down a flight of stairs is very likely to get you killed (*facepalm*).

I tried starting Dark Souls but, wow, is this a terrible *terrible* port (even with the fixes). Even the tooltips in the tutorial aren't adjusted for KB/Mouse, that combined with the outright sluggish movement means that I'm glad I bought this in a sale because I doubt I'll be playing much of this.

Edited by marelooke