Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

Looks interesting to me, but I think I might be the only person who actually liked Terminator: Salvation.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I wasn't fond of Salvation, but I didn't think it was the worst (T3 for that role). I tend to watch almost anything that Arnold is in, because I like Arnold, even if it's just to giggle at/with him.

The trailer....my personal problem is T1 is one of my favorite all time movies, and unlike with some other reboots, I will not be able to get past the fact that Kyle is played that guy, even if I do sorta like that actor. Those brief rebooted scenes...he is not Kyle Reese. Nope, no, no. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Agreed on T3.

I figure the idea is that this is Alternate Universe Reese so I can buy the different actor I think (and the different T-1000)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Looks interesting to me, but I think I might be the only person who actually liked Terminator: Salvation.

Hmm I see one escaped the pogrom...

Trailer was boring, but who knows the movie might be enjoyable. Or at the very least be something to pass a lazy afternoon.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I could tolerate Anton as young Reese, since he was young Reese. Although I didn't think Anton was quite right for that, either. I do like Jai Courtney in what I've seen him in before, but ... sigh. We'll see. I assume Arnold is playing a Terminator with his aging chip turned on. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

EXCLUSIVE: Fox is closing a deal with Ryan Reynolds for a feature on Deadpool, the character he originated in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The film is being directed by Tim Miller, who has done strong visual effects work through his VFX house Blur Films. Miller has been developing the film for several years, from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg producing.  Reynolds and other cast have posted photos of Deadpool on Twitter, so clearly this is going. Production begins in March.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-fox-x-men-1201309406/

fQSk2hx.png

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hell to the yes. I know a lot of people seem to dislike Ryan Reynolds now but I maintain that he's a great fit for Deadpool. Even in the abysmal Wolverine: Origins, the parts where he was still able to speak he did the part justice.

EDIT: Also, Benedict Cumberbatch is officially Doctor Strange. I don't know what to expect from that one, but Doctor Strange is House with magic powers and Dr. House is Sherlock Holmes as a doctor so I guess in a workaround manner it makes sense.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

The only thing I didn't like about Jackman was his height, but finding a 5'4" Hugh Jackman is a tall order.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Tom Cruise is maybe 5' 8" with his shoes on. I think most in popular-Hollywood tend to be between 5' 9" and 5' 11", with many of the latter calling themselves 6'. Not that it matters...they can make you look taller or shorter whenever they want. There are plenty of 6'+ actors in Hollywood, tho.

I thought Jackman was the best thing about the X-men movies for the most part.

Salvation was my favorite Terminator. Though I prefer the script's original ending where John Connor died and they put his face on the Ter-Man-ator. Would yave been awesome for the leader of the rresistance to secretly be a robot.

• Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

I thought this franchise was dead, but, oh my, Days of Future Past. Had to hold on for that ride ... only two words come to mind: Fassbender. Actually the whole cast was next level, finally, in an X-Men movie. What a great payoff for having watched the previous films. Can't wait for Apocalypse. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I still don't feel Jennifer Lawrence as mystique, but the rest of the cast is pretty spot on.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fassbender is :dancing:

The movie was decent too. Especially that quicksilver scene. Fun and funny at the same time, I enjoyed my popcorn.

Saw Mockingjay part 1 last week. Slow to start but got better and ended well. Its nicely crafted

Devastatorsig.jpg

Turns out Roberto Orci was wearing a red shirt. He was pegged to direct Trek 3 but bailed out before transporting to the surface of the script into the hands of certain death by poor plot. 

[sources] tell me that the script Orci was working on saw the Enterprise, the Vulcans and a new alien race competing to get a time travel device. The Vulcans want to go back and stop the destruction of their planet, and the time travel schtick is what would allow Chris Pine and William Shatner to share the screen. Is that still going to be the plot of the movie - a MacGuffin that could wipe out the previous two films?

I've been in touch with some folks and it seems like the script was one of the problem factors. Paramount shut the production down last month, sending home all the design people while they battled over the direction of the screenplay. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.