Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

I do apologise if I lost my temper earlier, and I remain an advocate of free speech even for Mr Tait, but I also still think he is an amoral scumbag and a sickening waste of life.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I do apologise if I lost my temper earlier

Given the nature of the comment referenced, your ire was quite understandable, Nonek.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I do apologise if I lost my temper earlier, and I remain an advocate of free speech even for Mr Tait, but I also still think he is an amoral scumbag and a sickening waste of life.

In the current climate, getting angry when someone flippantly endorses genocide or mass murder is not something you need to apologize for.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

The delicious irony is that a significant portion of these moral crusaders and defenders of justice are some of the most bigoted people out there.  That doesn't really come as any surprise as history has shown again and again and again that those that engage in aggressive posturing and preaching so often are doing so to compensate for and draw attention away from the skeletons in their own closet.  One of the most wonderful byproducts of this whole GamerGate consumer revolt is so many of these crusaders outing themselves as the hateful bigots they are to the world.  Many of use have know or suspected as much about some of these people before, but now everyone can see it for themselves.  This ordeal has put pressure on them, and it's much harder to effectively wear a mask when under pressure as people naturally and instinctively revert to their innate behavior and personality in such times.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So apparently the Celebrinando guy responsible for much of the harassment to Anita? The one she won't assist GG in getting arrested?

He also harassed some woman by the name of Margaret Gel, and she seems far more willing to actually do something about it and ask for FBI assistance: https://twitter.com/_icze4r/status/531299279826997248

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

IGF judge being IGF judge:

http://archive.today/CTiPV

I don't really get why people are taking this one seriously. It's so blunt and ridiculous it HAS to be sarcastic. Don't see the fuss about it.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Doesn't read more sarcastic to me than other tweets that had been posted here, tbh.

Let me rephrase that.

Hers sounds as though it's directly there for the very purpose of antagonizing and trolling people. Whereas comparatively, something like what you'd expect from McIntosh is him trying to make a "logical" case by explaining how A represents B and B is a serious problem with our culture as a collective. Hers sounds like she's going "oh ya GamerGate, I can't wait to do nothing but hate on men nonstop for a living. It's gonna be great" whereas McIntosh is more like "the other day I realized that Crash Bandicoot is really nothing but a clever metaphor for anti-semetic theories about why Jews are the plague on humanity" and then has several follow up tweets drawing ****ty parallels and ranting about our culture. Hers had this tone of "COME AT ME BRAH" and an expectation of getting a rise out of people while his is more like something I'd expect from @JadenSmith.

Though I will say it's sad that we've reached the point where we're having a serious and very justified discussion about whether her tweets are trolling or not. Says something about the point we've reached.

Apologies for trying to wrassle this off target, but...

how does this furore reflect issues surrounding Islam?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Gamers are an ISIS full of Hitlers.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It doesn't.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Well, I've only read what was posted here.

Even so, what's odd to me is that KiA has plenty of people who've seen them all and still take it serious. And as you pointed out, hell it COULD be, but I'd still personally put it in the unlikely category.

Gamers are an ISIS full of Hitlers.

That's why we got Chong to be a nazi back in the good old days.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

#notyourshield creator on responses from SJWs.

http://youtu.be/EKnL5UIIYZw

Are you drunk-posting again?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Are you drunk-posting again?

Said the internet to Sir McIntosh as he slew a few goblins chasing after the fair lady Anita.

#notyourshield creator on responses from SJWs.

Sargon's video also touched this very same issue and I do find it odd. I mean to their eyes me, as a white male gamer, am able to have an opinion. No matter how wrong it might be to them. But if a person of minority has a wrong opinion then he/she becomes a baby, someone who isn't even capable of forming his/her own opinions. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Stop your mansplaining kirutto. That's who much your opinion matters to them.

P.S. Seriously, the whole idea of 'mansplaining' is sexist. I can imagine the crying if some created a word of 'girl/womansplaining'. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Stop your mansplaining kirutto. That's who much your opinion matters to them.

P.S. Seriously, the whole idea of 'mansplaining' is sexist. I can imagine the crying if some created a word of 'girl/womansplaining'. LMAO

Silly Volo, when has a woman explained anything? They just get angry because you don't know what they mean.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif