Is this harrassment ?

BruceVC

Funny enough one of the reasons I questioned the accuracy of this video but I didn't say anything was "how come it seems to be only African Americans who are commenting on her "

Its like they selected certain neighbourhoods to do this social experiment?

It does seem a little slanted ?

Well done Malc, you have this uncanny ability to find certain interesting links

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"A friend of me explained to me that saying "How are you?" and stuff to a woman on the street is the first step to being a rapist.."

Wrong.

The first step to being a rapist is being a man.

Only in the minds of feminists or manginas.

If she feels harassed, then it is harassment. I think that's the SJW line for this, not sure.

But this event is much more nuanced than " lets bring the SJ brigade on-board  and express our outrage "

For me I support real SJ issues, so I am interested in how relevant this video is. And what I mean by that is there have been several opinions on this thread that have made me question how clear cut the point this video is making

As I said in the beginning this video was being discussed on a prominent South African radio talk show in the 4-6 am slot

So I plan to call in tomorrow morning early and give a different perspective. And I'll be honest several views on this thread have helped me with that opinion

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

tumblr_natrr2BDtt1qepk24o1_500.jpg

tumblr_natrr2BDtt1qepk24o2_500.jpg

What are you trying to prove with this exactly?

That there are drunken or violent people out there?

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Tell her to come to scandinavia. Here we do not greet, let alone talk to strangers, since we deep down hate each other and can't wait for the weekend to arrive so that we can get to our respective cabins:

Just avoid areas heavily populated by foreigners from the middle east/africa. It's no secret that they make a competition on to approach alone women.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

Some of you have seen this video. The reason why I am posting it and getting peoples opinions is that its doing the rounds on a prominent South African talk show and the general consensus is that it is harassment

But I am not sure it is a good example? There is no doubt that some people are harassing her and overdoing the effort to speak to her but some guys are just greeting her. Is being friendly now something that is wrong?

The reason why I am asking is I often greet ladies I don't know and they generally  always respond with a greeting back, but I am worried that maybe I am unintentionally breaking some part of my SJ code? Am I actually harassing women just by greeting them? I doubt it but this video is good talking point around what is the difference between greeting someone and harassing them?

It is not harassment.

I do not know an 'SJ code' is, but I wager I'm probably better off for it as it sounds like some kind of cultural marxist BS.

The video is not worth discussing as it's edited, and the people posting it obviously have an agenda around it. Sadly, people fall for this contrived BS.

The solution is female-only pavements.

Separate but equal.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The solution is female-only pavements.

Separate but equal.

No... then we'd have activists in a few years complaining of how one pavement is in a superior position than the other, or in better condition.

There is no satisfying these wackoloons.

Edited by Valsuelm

Tell her to come to scandinavia. Here we do not greet, let alone talk to strangers, since we deep down hate each other and can't wait for the weekend to arrive so that we can get to our respective cabins.

As an another finnish person I approve this message. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Tell her to come to scandinavia. Here we do not greet, let alone talk to strangers, since we deep down hate each other and can't wait for the weekend to arrive so that we can get to our respective cabins.

Or they could import we Germans. We're too pissed off about people not adhering to our anal retentive tendencies as well as far too practical and capable of questioning meaningless pleasantries that get parroted so much they lose meaning, and therefore we're incapable of greeting strangers and acting friendly.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I've been to Germany enough times to wager that you guys would focus more on the structural integrity on the pavement than greeting strangers.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I've been to Germany enough times to wager that you guys would focus more on the structural integrity on the pavement than greeting strangers.

And by god that b**** better listen if I start speaking to her about how her pavement is unangemessen laut §43b der ZPO, or by god I'll write her up a letter and force her to visit one of our terrible bureocracies! :bat:

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Really she'd be quite pleased with any country in Western Europe as we're all too screwy to notice women.

...Except for Italy.

Don't go to Italy.

....Italy will notice the f**k out of you. If she thinks New York is bad, she will have a mental breakdown in Italy.

Edited by Longknife

Really she'd be quite pleased with any country in Western Europe as we're all too screwy to notice women.

...Except for Italy.

Don't go to Italy.

....Italy will notice the f**k out of you. If she thinks New York is bad, she will have a mental breakdown in Italy.

Or Brussels.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

...Except for Italy.

Don't go to Italy.

Or Brussels.

Infact, my mistake. Let's just call the Germanic and Scandinavian-based countries too screwy to notice women. Pretty sure the Latin-based countries are quite fond of women.

Side-note, is it still a thing that in Amsterdam, the Japanese and Polish tourists stare at the prostitutes and react to them, and the other tourists and locals stare at the Japanese and Polish tourists and react to them?

...Except for Italy.

Don't go to Italy.

Or Brussels.

Tell me more about Brussels and why such things happen there and not in Belgium (atleast from what i have previously heard).  

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Eye contact for dummies: Seek eye contact. If you make eye contact, smile. If you get a smile back, it's OK to initiate conversation.

And conversely, if you don't make eye contact or it is immediately broken, then it is creepy to attempt to initiate conversation.

That's all there is to it really.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Eye contact for dummies: Seek eye contact. If you make eye contact, smile. If you get a smile back, it's OK to initiate conversation.

And conversely, if you don't make eye contact or it is immediately broken, then it is creepy to attempt to initiate conversation.

That's all there is to it really.

And when she combs her hair with her fingers, that's your cue to whip out your junk.

• Like 1

Well I can confidently state that I avoid talking to anyone of the female gender whilst walking the byways and highways of England, just today I briskly strode past a woman who was asking for my attention, quickly leaped into and started the car and drove away. When Mrs Nonek finally got home she was quite upset about my ignoring of her, we can't win!

• Like 7

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!