Is this harrassment ?

BruceVC

The last time in London things got hilaaaariouuus when people, women even, asked me if i had light for their phags.

//edit: stupid word-filter. 

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Six pages is too much for me to read in one sitting - for this type of thread, anyways - so I'll just throw in my two cents. Some of it definitely comes off as harassment, or near enough. What gives these people the right to think that they can accost a person - any person - while clearly on their way to somewhere...for not answering some random "compliment" on the streets of a city where there's...uh, a great number of people in the streets? If you had to answer every random thing somebody feels obliged to say to you on the street, you might not ever get anywhere. Doesn't matter what the subject of the person bothering you is: you have the right to continue on your way wherever you're trying to go, and ignore those who you wish to ignore.

Others...not necessarily. It is, however, nonetheless exhausting, I'm sure, to be one the receiving end of all those "compliments" - whether genuine or not. As the person complimenting, I can understand feeling insulted that someone won't even bother to acknowledge a heartfelt compliment...but, c'mon, let's be realistic about this. If you're the type to give out random compliments on the freaking streets, well...there's something to be said for the appropriate time and place, and the probability of such compliments being genuine and without expectation - either of which being present kind of ruins the positive meaning of the "compliment". And if you are the rare type of good person to just give out compliments to brighten people's day or whatever, then you should probably be conditioned and/or good-natured enough that you're perfectly willing to let it go with not getting any sort of [positive] response, anyways.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I am the pinnacle of a white knight. I tip my fedora at milady all day and all night.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Note to self: Do not have junk already exposed.

Looks like I've been doing it wrong then.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"you have the right to continue on your way wherever you're trying to go"

Huh? Nobody stopped her from going anywhere.

I'm referring to some of the guys that were like, "HEY, I'm/he's talking to you!". No, they weren't physically trying to stop her - not that I saw, anyways - but they did want her to stop, nonetheless.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Vals I had a frustrating debate with people last night  on this radio talk show  I listen to , we were discussing African leaders and the failure of the AU. And there were several people who believe in conspiracy theories and were blaming the state of Africa and factors like Capitalism and Colonialism

So they were like debating with you but they not as intelligent as you. You don't understand how annoying it is because you just want to scream at people and say things like " how can you believe something so silly "

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Welcome to our world 'discussing' things with feminists and SJWs. :)

Except  when you debate with SJW and feminists they generally have the moral high ground even if sometimes there intentions are misplaced

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Except  when you debate with SJW and feminists they generally have the moral high ground even if sometimes there intentions are misplaced

I'm not so sure about that...

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well think about it, most of the time the criticism against SJW is that they are only looking at one side of the debate and trying to implement change is society when its not necessarily relevant. Its not suppose to be malicious ?

John Milton 

Well think about it, most of the time the criticism against SJW is that they are only looking at one side of the debate and trying to implement change is society when its not necessarily relevant. Its not suppose to be malicious ?

Having the moral high ground means being morally superior to their opponents, they don't need to be flat out malicious to not be better than the people telling them to go to hell. You could probably also say the exact same thing about the people you were debating with, I highly doubt they seek to destroy Africa, I just think they have different ideas on how to improve it than you.

Having the moral high ground means being morally superior to their opponents, they don't need to be flat out malicious to not be better than the people telling them to go to hell. You could probably also say the exact same thing about the people you were debating with, I highly doubt they seek to destroy Africa, I just think they have different ideas on how to improve it than you.

True, they do have different ideas. But that doesn't change the fact there ideas are wrong :)

John Milton 

True, they do have different ideas. But that doesn't change the fact there ideas are wrong :)

I'm aware that's how you feel, thus

Also, I wasn't trying to tell you they have different ideas that you think are wrong, I was trying to tell you your use of moral high ground was flawed, and that you description of how you expect us to feel about debating with sjws is like exactly the same as our description of how we expect you to feel debating about Africa, thus Volos statement is extraordinarily true and sensible.

• Like 5

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"xcept  when you debate with SJW and feminists they generally have the moral high ground even if sometimes there intentions are misplaced"

HAHAHA!

SJWs and feminists have no morals. they are evil. They hate men and think theya re rapsists and sexist and should be slaughtered or enslaved wholseale. They cotninually disrespect women and expect them to be coddled by children. They stalk, harass, bully,  and attack anyone who doesn't suck up to them. They are nothing more than nazis whoa re all about power, control, and slavery.

They are scum of the earth. They bring nothing positive. They claim to oppose sexism and racism but they do not. They are as sexist and racist as the wosrt sexist and racists.

Anyone going by the term feminism needs to run away. This isn't 1960 anymore.  Equalism is the way to go.

Men and women should both be treated like grown adults. Feminists and SJWs do not want that. They want men treated like slaves, criminals, and rapists. They want women to be treated like little kids. That's disgusting.

Also, bashing feminists is not bashing females since many of the worst feminists are actually male. EVIL.

\

EQUALISM > ALL

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Adopting a pose you don't really believe in just because you are a vacuous emptiness is obviously contemptible.

But I think it would be a mistake to assume that everyone who gets angry about these issues is simply a front.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is a good video and an interesting response to that other video

Is this proof that guys also get harassed?  Or is this making another point ?

John Milton 

I'm aware that's how you feel, thus

Also, I wasn't trying to tell you they have different ideas that you think are wrong, I was trying to tell you your use of moral high ground was flawed, and that you description of how you expect us to feel about debating with sjws is like exactly the same as our description of how we expect you to feel debating about Africa, thus Volos statement is extraordinarily true and sensible.

You are confusing my view on SJW to what the issues are that Africa faces, they are very different. The only thing they have in common is that some of the steps Africa needs to take are related to widely accepted SJ values

Things like

• you cannot have a president for life. Two terms only
  • The AU ignores its own charter when it allows member countries to flagrantly disregard certain parts of the charter, like not respecting peoples sexual orientation. We see appalling homophobia in certain African countries. How can we take the AU seriously when it cannot even follow its own rules?

I can name many more issues but I think you get my point :)

John Milton 

Bull, Morals concern itself with righteousness which most people regurgitate the words of others with the hope that their digestion will be consumed by others. They have no idea what the moral high ground is because most people never had their morals challenged; specially those that come from echo chambers(from both ends of the spectrum) 

Also, who cares if they hold the moral high ground, moralist would reject a tracheotomy on the basis that is harmful when they know nothing of what is trying to accomplish. Imbeciles with self righteousness are more dangerous than those without, because they spread their stupidity. 

And when they enable some other law that's going to be abused by the "fairer" sex because of it, it will bring feminism closer to its self fulfilling prophecy. Is bad enough that men aren't getting married, now it seems they have to be pushed away from relationships and casual intercourse.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif