Is this harrassment ?

BruceVC

Welcome to our world 'discussing' things with feminists and SJWs. :)

Except  when you debate with SJW and feminists they generally have the moral high ground even if sometimes there intentions are misplaced

Bull, Morals concern itself with righteousness which most people regurgitate the words of others with the hope that their digestion will be consumed by others. They have no idea what the moral high ground is because most people never had their morals challenged; specially those that come from echo chambers(from both ends of the spectrum) 

Also, who cares if they hold the moral high ground, moralist would reject a tracheotomy on the basis that is harmful when they know nothing of what is trying to accomplish. Imbeciles with self righteousness are more dangerous than those without, because they spread their stupidity. 

And when they enable some other law that's going to be abused by the "fairer" sex because of it, it will bring feminism closer to its self fulfilling prophecy. Is bad enough that men aren't getting married, now it seems they have to be pushed away from relationships and casual intercourse.

Sure I can agree that people sometimes claim to have moral superiority but in fact they are just trying to enforce some kind of outdated dogma that is actually conservative in its belief

But I'm not talking about that kind of perspective when I say SJ high ground. I mean when people say " a person should not discriminated against because of there sexual orientation"

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But I'm not talking about that kind of perspective when I say SJ high ground. I mean when people say " a person should not discriminated against because of there sexual orientation"

So we shouldn't discriminate pedophilia, necrophilia etc.?

Those aren't defined as sexual orientations, but more types of sexual aesthetic preference/attraction (similar to preference towards thin/larger individuals, or specific skin or hair color). Pedophilia is also categorized as mental disorder as pedophilic acts cause harm. Necrophilia is seen socially unacceptable because it is seen to be disrespectful for the death and their families.

• Like 2

So we shouldn't discriminate pedophilia, necrophilia etc.?

Those aren't defined as sexual orientations, but more types of sexual aesthetic preference/attraction (similar to preference towards thin/larger individuals, or specific skin or hair color). Pedophilia is also categorized as mental disorder as pedophilic acts cause harm. Necrophilia is seen socially unacceptable because it is seen to be disrespectful for the death and their families.

Nothing more to add, Elerond has responded accurately  and reasonably

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Bloody hell, tone down the rethoric already Volo.

We get it.

You said it, like, only a 1000 times."

No. Don't tell me what to do.

It was a friendly advice, not an order.

You are coming off way too strong and that can only hurt your credibility.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

That's why there is a "Like" button, I suspect.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's why there is a "Like" button, I suspect.

True that can be used in some cases but the emphasis is not the same especially if someone asked you a question that someone else responded to

John Milton 

Except  when you debate with SJW and feminists they generally have the moral high ground even if sometimes there intentions are misplaced

Well, that's another classic one from you. Hits keep coming.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bruce, are you seriously suggesting that colonialism doesn't have anything to do with why Africa is in such rough shape?

I can't seem to find this quote from Bruce that Barothmuk has on his post. Oh well...

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Bruce, are you seriously suggesting that colonialism doesn't have anything to do with why Africa is in such rough shape?

I can't seem to find this quote from Bruce that Barothmuk has on his post. Oh well...

If you click the speech bubble icon in the quote it'll take you to the post.

That's right. When talking about  gender issues, harassment, and all that stuff in 2014 you bring up stuff from a long time ago... to prove what?

I don't know one person personally in real life or anyone on the internet barring trolls who are trying to take away women's right to vote.

ARE YOU INSANE?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I voted with my wife today.  Thought this was worth posting.

1426730_758165014219814_1647846974354219

That made me laugh

" because it is unwise to risk the good we already have for the evil which may occur "

Its really reassuring to see the progress we have made in society

John Milton 

That's right. When talking about  gender issues, harassment, and all that stuff in 2014 you bring up stuff from a long time ago... to prove what?

I don't know one person personally in real life or anyone on the internet barring trolls who are trying to take away women's right to vote.

ARE YOU INSANE?

"He who cannot draw on Three Thousand Years is living hand to mouth" 

- Goethe.

If you fail to see the parallels, that says more about you.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I voted with my wife today.  Thought this was worth posting.

1426730_758165014219814_1647846974354219

Not really worth much in this thread, but whatever works for you.

And there were several people who believe in conspiracy theories and were blaming the state of Africa and factors like Capitalism and Colonialism.

What do you believe are the reasons for the current state of Africa?

Sorry for the belated response, I somehow missed these questions

Yes the reality of the state of Africa is that colonialism and capitalism has very little to do with the state of the economies of many African countries nowadays. Most African countries got there independence in the 1960's and by the 1980's they were  bankrupt and needed loans from the IMF. The reasons for this economic collapse vary from country to country but there are several common themes

• They rejected the principles of Democracy and African leaders became " Presidents for life" and there was no political accountability
  • African leaders only enriched there tribe or close circle of supporters
  • There were bloated and completely ineffective public sector institutions so there was very little service delivery.
  • There was massive and profound corruption around business contracts and access to resources, basically only the people in  government benefited
  • Many African leaders tried to drive there economies through programs of nationalisation and those inevitably failed

So in other words the main reason that Africa is in the state its in is due bad policies, corruption and lack of service delivery. This was all self-inflicted and cannot be blamed on colonialism or capitalism

John Milton 

So basically after the ex-colonial powers were kicked out of the region rich with natural resources they and the imperialists kindly sat on their hands whilst the dumb brown folk rolled around in the mud unable to sort their **** out.

So we're basically going to dismiss decades to centuries of slavery, genocide, slave-wages and racialized economic subordination and exploitation as inconsequential?

And are we stating that meddling by, and subordination to, the imperialists simply did not exist or that their are we stating that their "involvement" wherein they cripple African markets through subsidization, forcibly liberalise them under the pretences of "aid" that at best allows them to meet the conditions attached to the aid received and more explicitly when they don't tow the line have their democratically elected progressive leaders overthrown and replaced with corrupt, military-dictatorships somehow had no effect on these countries economies or was somehow in their best interests?

• Like 2

It's alright now though. The Chinese have no white man's imperialist burden and are well underway to buy up the whole continent.

• Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Did it in Sydney too and it didn't turn out the same way. Though I wonder how it'd go in Toronto.

Edited by Malcador

Did it in Sydney too and it didn't turn out the same way. Though I wonder how it'd go in Toronto.

Rob Ford would pop up and shoot up a speedball.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands