Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

https://archive.today/TsQoS

lolololollolololol

Gamergate raises money for a suicide help group and a Bullying prevention group.

Anti-GG will raise money for rich white women.

Glad to know who supports privilege.

DUBBLE LOLOLOLOL

http://i.imgur.com/G2LLywe.png

How dare you try to invite prominent anti-gg folks onto your show to find out why they don't want to engage. Hit piece!

On the plus side, we have examples of then making asses of themselves.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://archive.today/TsQoS

lolololollolololol

Gamergate raises money for a suicide help group and a Bullying prevention group.

Anti-GG will raise money for rich white women.

Glad to know who supports privilege.

DUBBLE LOLOLOLOL

How dare you try to invite prominent anti-gg folks onto your show to find out why they don't want to engage. Hit piece!

On the plus side, we have examples of then making asses of themselves.

I feel soooooooo bad for Pakman though cause he must be at his little studio going "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?" with a confused expression on his face.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

DUBBLE LOLOLOLOL

Demonstrates their mentality  perfectly. "You asked to interview me. You're pressuring me." Should have just skipped a beat and claim harassment and oppression.

When I first saw Pakman's ghetto-ass low-budget show years ago in my recommended list, and laughed my butt off at how worthless his co-host is to productive discussion and how this is completely ignored and never acknowledged, I NEVER would've expected this guy would end up being my ****ing hero in a story about mass corruption in the journalism industry. Always respected his show because despite the low-budget aspects and his hilariously worthless co-host (who is entertaining btw, don't get rid of him), it's always done good reporting, but I NEVER would've expected we'd need to resort to him to actually get our story covered.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

DUBBLE LOLOLOLOL

Demonstrates their mentality  perfectly. "You asked to interview me. You're pressuring me." Should have just skipped a beat and claim harassment and oppression.

Let's be honest here, rich white hipsters are the most oppressed group of people on existence. The privilege I had growing up working class gives me such an advantage over them. Having to work a full time job to put myself through college is so much easier than having millionaire daddy cut me a big ass check so I can **** around.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Ha! That was good. Reminds me of the Coded wall'o'text someone linked in the old gg thread.

TRIPLE LOLOLOLOLOL WE GOIN ALL THE WAY TONIGHT

https://archive.today/bvacS

"Oh no you didn't! :aiee: The throne is mine!!!" 

Yo I got $20 on the stupid one with the f***ed up hair, any takers?

I was going to post this:

You know what, though? I've made a big stink already about how these journalists are signal boosting trolls. Well, guess what, these guys, these spoiled brats who project their own privelege and entitlement on everyone else, are signal boosted whenever GamerGate attacks or make fun of them. That's what they spin into harassment. Maybe it would be best for everyone to just stop signal boosting them? Every pro-GamerGate person that tweets to them, posts about them or even mentions their name is making their own job harder.

And to be fair, I still stand by that sentiment... but when I read this:

I just completely lost it. I mean, what. What without a question mark to show exactly how ****ed up this is.

• Like 1

I just completely lost it. I mean, what. What without a question mark to show exactly how ****ed up this is.

My reaction looks more like this:

132229-131820.jpg

I was going to post this:

You know what, though? I've made a big stink already about how these journalists are signal boosting trolls. Well, guess what, these guys, these spoiled brats who project their own privelege and entitlement on everyone else, are signal boosted whenever GamerGate attacks or make fun of them. That's what they spin into harassment. Maybe it would be best for everyone to just stop signal boosting them? Every pro-GamerGate person that tweets to them, posts about them or even mentions their name is making their own job harder.

And to be fair, I still stand by that sentiment... but when I read this:

That's how I feel. I think I need to take a break before I go class war on these entitled brats.

And Longknife's sig has been making me laugh for the past day.

Edited by KaineParker

That's how I feel. I think I need to take a break before I go class war on these entitled brats.

Why would you go to war with them dude, they seem to be doing a pretty good job of going to war with themselves.

Being Queen of Victimtown is srs bsns.

Edited by Longknife

Not making fun of them will not change anything.

They will still lie and make sh**t up.

They will still act like clowns.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Since making fun of them is, according to them, harassing them and harassing them gets them publicity, I'd say it's pretty counterproductive and I also don't share your enthousiasm for being giddy when people act like jerks. It's like when GG treated the Fez scandal as a victory when all I'm seeing is a clear demonstration of things being terrible.

Maybe it's just that the entire thing is making me very, very cranky at this point.

• Like 3

Even if we're not making fun of them they will say we do.

Lies and claims without evidence are their currency.

You think they will stop if we just stay quiet?

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

My opinion on the whole thing?

Making fun of them does give them fodder. No debate there.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

GamerGate is this magical little activist movement where we basically DON'T have to act. I believe GamerGate can succeed where other movements have failed, simply because GamerGate has a solution to basic human laziness. All GamerGaters have to do to win is NOT visit the sites run by and promoting horrible people. Pretty easy right? Yes we're doing more and that's good. We write letters to advertisers, we discuss the issues, we try to spread our message and our story, and all of that is very very good. But I think a day will come when people get sick and tired and burnt out on writing letters. Why? Because people are lazy and people want entertainment.

As crude as it is, making fun of how ****ed up these people are, in my opinion, helps keep the movement active. It gives people a form of entertainment and a reason to stay involved.

In that sense, I don't really worry about it too much. Either side is fine. Consider it a flame that heats up both GG and anti-GG. When we make fun of them, we feed the flame and things heat up for both sides. I would dare say us making fun of them leads to some of their crude comments aswell. When we don't make fun of them, the flame is smaller as interest and general activity is smaller. But either way it burns, and it'll eventually burn them, whether slowly or quickly, and with or without catching other things on fire too.

But I'm pretty "let it be" about the whole scenario cause I know GG will win no matter what.

• Like 1

I'm realizing my opinion of Feminism is at an all time low thanks to a Youtube video. Before reading on to the rest of the post, please watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRc_Kh_kYsA

So I watched that video thinking this is some comedy sketch regarding feminism, and I thought it was pretty funny and had some truth to it, perceiving intentions and harassment where there was none with things like "did you just cough AT me?" 

Turns out that no, this is not a comedy sketch about feminism.

And no, this is not someone taking someone else's comedy sketch and applying the title to it for comedic effect.

This woman is legitimately insane, and once had a youtube channel of her going around Boston believing herself to be stalked by anyone and everyone. That video is a video someone saved before her channel got taken down.

It's a very sad day when I can legitimately confuse a crazy person being crazy with a satirical sketch imitating a feminist.