Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

They sometimes edit the show on the TV for advert space, is it on the web? Or were the portions removed or never existed?

. It could potentially show up on the web uncut. The daily show and Colbert report often do this, so we'll just have to wait and see. Americans should keep an eye on the website for a potentially uncut interview.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Yeah I wasn't speaking from any context from this being relevant in the sense we can even hope to prove or disprove it, but rather...

All my life I've been referred tO as personable and intelligent, and while I'm still DAMNED young, (well, I consider 25 young when talking of experience) I'm learning my intuition is good. Incredibly good.

A common thing I do is try to imagine myself in other people's shoes. I consider referring to other people as bad or evil to be lazy reasoning, as everyone has good intentions and rule of thumb is that the reasonings you would use are likely to be utilized by others as well. With this system, I often have an easy time understanding and sympathizing with others.

Then there are times I cannot. And those few times I can't are absolutely fascinating to me. I'm curious by nature and wish to understand how things work, so when people exist and I don't understand their pattern of thinking, it fascinates me. This is one of those occasions in that I consider myself a very objective, analytical thinker, and this doesn't line up with the thought process of hers well. Likewise, I loathe lying. I simply cannot do it in many many situations.

For what it's worth, my gut tells me to believe the guy claiming he was in the Colbert audience, and while I'm not trying to propose that as evidence nor do I want people believing it solely cause I said to (nonsense thinking), I'm saying my mind is set on this, which leads me to a situation where I cannot properly understand Anita based on this combined with her blocking the support with the harasser. It's such blatant self-promotion and dishonesty that I cannot believe it exists, and I end up questioning myself 20 times over what other explanations there could be, or if such people truly exist. And yeah, I'm curious enough that it annoys the **** out of me to know I'll never get a straight answer on this issue, I'll just be left wondering. Probably why I bring it up regardless of its irrelevance to GG; cause it's important enough TO ME that I wanna hear viewpoints on it.

In short, I just have difficulty believing such people actually exist. I have no problem trying to picture what Zoe Quinn is like. She just seems childish, depression-ridden and maybe with elements of a pathological liar who seeks social acceptance and approval. I'm familiar with that type and view it as anxiety preventing one from taking personal responsibility. But Anita...? I don't get it. It just seems so shamelessly fixated on self-promotion and profit by any means, all while being untruthful for no good reason and with no good excuse at all.

I understand completely and generally agree. Gamergate has caught someone harassing her in pretty terrible ways, ignoring that for any reason seems utterly bat**** to me. I can not think of any reason a person could have for not wanting to stop harassment, unless they have something to gain from it. I don't really want to use this term, but I believe the "professional victim" accusations start to look more truthful when all cases of harassment are publicized.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Today my hope for humanity and all of my dreams have died....

No matter what will be achieved it will be a Pyrrhic victory, the cost has been too high.

1414713080585.png

Oh noes! Avellone is now forever unclean! UNCLEAN!!1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

In short, I just have difficulty believing such people actually exist. I have no problem trying to picture what Zoe Quinn is like. She just seems childish, depression-ridden and maybe with elements of a pathological liar who seeks social acceptance and approval. I'm familiar with that type and view it as anxiety preventing one from taking personal responsibility. But Anita...? I don't get it. It just seems so shamelessly fixated on self-promotion and profit by any means, all while being untruthful for no good reason and with no good excuse at all.

THE GREATER GOOOOOOOOD.

THE GREATER GOOOOOOOOD.

THE GREATER GOOOOOOOOD.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

So this happened apparently. Any media showing interest? Of course not.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2ksmw3/gamergate_members_track_major_anita_threatener/

SUMMARY :

-Brazilian journo Mateus makes several accounts, tags #gamergate and makes disgusting threats to Anita

-GamerGate stands up for Anita, GG'ers get graphic threats as well

-In comes Mateus, a Brazilian game journo. His site uses same links as the spam accounts

-FaceBook matches description; same language, uses same lines, "causes controversy for clicks"

-E-mail Mateus. Sniff IP. Send spam accounts links that sniff IP

-Multiple threaten-er accounts confirmed same IP as Mateus

-FBI called, but they say Anita has to report it herself, Brazil authorities cannot take action otherwise (@sanc called)

-He stops issuing threats out of fear. Continues harassing with click-bait that links to nasty Anita hatred articles.

-I start "#GamerGate Harassment Patrol" & with GG's help get him spam banned on ~4 accounts.

THEN :

-Mateus makes a new account, asks me directly why I keep getting him reported

-We have a convo, he tells me threats are fake, wants to destroy Anita

-He thinks it's funny they give credit "threats made from across country"

-Tells me he'll post another video as Mateus himself

-Video comes up 8 hours later

REACHING ANITA :

-@sanc reached out to Anita multiple times.

-I reach out to Anita days ago telling her we caught a harasser and I'd love to speak to her

-Express that I want him removed as badly as she does

-Other twitter members show support

-No response

-New tweet reaching out, please support!!! https://twitter.com/LetsSailHatan/status/527895236815888384

IMPORTANCE :

-We confirmed his ID, him saying twitter threats are fake

-Multiple graphic Anita threats confirmed from one source

-Can clear GG's name of a lot twitter harassment they're blamed for

-Still waiting for recognition of receiving the info and action with the authorities

So this happened apparently. Any media showing interest? Of course not.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2ksmw3/gamergate_members_track_major_anita_threatener/

SUMMARY :

-Brazilian journo Mateus makes several accounts, tags #gamergate and makes disgusting threats to Anita

-GamerGate stands up for Anita, GG'ers get graphic threats as well

-In comes Mateus, a Brazilian game journo. His site uses same links as the spam accounts

-FaceBook matches description; same language, uses same lines, "causes controversy for clicks"

-E-mail Mateus. Sniff IP. Send spam accounts links that sniff IP

-Multiple threaten-er accounts confirmed same IP as Mateus

-FBI called, but they say Anita has to report it herself, Brazil authorities cannot take action otherwise (@sanc called)

-He stops issuing threats out of fear. Continues harassing with click-bait that links to nasty Anita hatred articles.

-I start "#GamerGate Harassment Patrol" & with GG's help get him spam banned on ~4 accounts.

THEN :

-Mateus makes a new account, asks me directly why I keep getting him reported

-We have a convo, he tells me threats are fake, wants to destroy Anita

-He thinks it's funny they give credit "threats made from across country"

-Tells me he'll post another video as Mateus himself

-Video comes up 8 hours later

REACHING ANITA :

-@sanc reached out to Anita multiple times.

-I reach out to Anita days ago telling her we caught a harasser and I'd love to speak to her

-Express that I want him removed as badly as she does

-Other twitter members show support

-No response

-New tweet reaching out, please support!!! https://twitter.com/LetsSailHatan/status/527895236815888384

IMPORTANCE :

-We confirmed his ID, him saying twitter threats are fake

-Multiple graphic Anita threats confirmed from one source

-Can clear GG's name of a lot twitter harassment they're blamed for

-Still waiting for recognition of receiving the info and action with the authorities

Not as big of a story as proclaiming gamergate dead for the nth time.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Harassment patrol report in

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2kvc4w/gg_anti_harassment_needed_urgently_waggoner_is/

Massive doxxing, if you have Twitter start reporting.

The dragon bit made me laugh.

Some Twitter funnies again.

B1Pg0IgIYAEKXX_.png

Checked her privilege indeed.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's official. I cannot understand these people. 

What, they want to be rich and pitied.

Also, I need to check with pol to see if these tweets match with the profile they're building of John Flynt.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The dragon bit made me laugh.Some Twitter funnies again.B1Pg0IgIYAEKXX_.pngChecked her privilege indeed.

No wonder Occupy supports gg, gg is fighting the 1% too!

Another day another failed hashtag attempt:

https://archive.today/WaXgK

No games for one whole day! Such a task must take an incredible amount of willpower.

No games for one whole day! Such a task must take an incredible amount of willpower.

Probably about as much as a 24 hour Twitter break.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Another day another failed hashtag attempt:https://archive.today/WaXgK

Probably about as much as a 24 hour Twitter break.

200_s.gif

It's *online* games. Also, count me out of it. I am still addicted to Dark Souls 2 and I like to coop the bosses with other players after a hard workday that has me out of the house for 12 hours. I need my chillaxing in the evening at the moment and I'll do it with playin' all em geams, yo. :> #IdontCareBoutYerAllIssues

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Sad post from a gamegater:

Be realistic: it doesn't matter. Based Mom is just one academic: that's it. They can just keep discrediting her and be fine with it. TB is hated by every journalist: they just laugh at him. Pakman is nobody. Valve will not help us: Steam is too much of a social platform, they can't risk
pissing off some of their customers. Japan doesn't give a **** about the west: they're laughing at us because we can't keep our women in line. Nintendo has been the main target of the gaming press for 4 years: the press will just keep ****ting on them while advertising the superior "socially acceptable and feminist approved" platforms like Xbone or P$4.

Now, I will come off as a massive **** for saying this, but I'm crying, right now, in front of my monitor. I just can't cope with this. Videogames have been the only media that I enjoyed in my whole life. I play since the ****ing 1987. Everything is so serious these days, so dramatic, so socially centered and pretentious: vidya were the only thing that reassured me that crazyness and nonsense have a place in this world. It was never about escapism, really: it was about looking at the world from a different angle; it was about laughing at all the stupid social conventions that we humans made up; it was about never taking anything seriously; it was about having fun.

I feel like everything that I loved is being destroyed. What's worse, the enemy is not evil: it's actually stupid. Seeing these usurpers obliterating everything while smiling innocently and claiming that all of this is for a "better future" is… I don't know. It's just disheartening. I wish they would look more evil: it would make everything more human. As of now, it feels like a child with an angelic smile on his face going on a killing spree, shooting everyone with a bazooka while singing "We wish you a merry xmas!" in a cheerful voice. It's both tragic and ironic, which makes it even more tragic.

If it wasn't for my wife who loves me dearly and for you guys you kept fighting with me, I would've lost it. I'm not hiding it: I'm weaker than the average guy. I'm not as young or as strong as most of you. I don't know what I will do when every game and every dev will be like pic related. I already see a future where Valve is forced to remove every "non-SJW-approved" game from Steam. I already see a future where all japanese games are prohibited from being imported because of child pornography/sexism/racism. I already see a future where SJWs will ask for Nintendo to stop making games "in order to eliminate the greatest symbol of the patriarchy influence in the interactive entertainment industry".

I love every single one of you for showing me that there are people who loved videogames as much as me. But I can't take it anymore. /pol/ was right. This isn't about game journalism. This is much bigger. Sorry, /pol/. I took the redpill, and now I'm scared.

TL;DR Thanks to all of you. But I leave. This isn't about ethics in games journalism. This is about my sanity.

Feel free to sage the thread. I don't want to take more of your time. Sorry for being such a ****. Good bye.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

What a load of ****. Nobody's coming to take away his video games. I support GamerGate, but that's just overdramatic nonsense. That's not even on the table. The mythical "SJW" doesn't have that power, that's why they rely on journalism to spread misinformation and push anvilicious, moralizing games. The fact that most reviewers still give GTA games super high ratings shows exactly how powerless they are against the capitalist machine. Leigh Alexander may be holding a megaphone, but if she takes on the Steam train she'll get just as splattered over the track as the guy who doesn't.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 4

If that person is going to get that worked up and distraught over this then it's probably for the best they step away from this whole thing and take a deep breath.  Here's hoping he or she chills out and things come into perspective, maybe then he or she can cheer up.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks