What you did today.

Rosbjerg

Today I conquered ''mount skyward'', it consists of 25 kilometers of slopes of varying steepness that lead to the mother of all inclines, its five kilometers long and so steep my bicycles front wheel gets air each strong pedal stroke. Of course I got a painful butt/lower back cramp which is typical for this cycling route.

Anyway, the decline is just as steep, and today I got massive tailwind, I think I broke my speed record, unfortunately I didn't have the odometer installed but it felt like well beyond 100 kmh, maybe 115.

It was fun, but I feel like I have burned an astonishing amount of calories, I'm completely depleted.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Nice relaxing day of doing nothing. Well, other than housework. Is a festival tonight in the city, but it's mainly "art" and the audience is a bunch of hipsters, drunks and stoners which dampens my curiosity.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Going from doing nothing all week to working full time sure makes those weekends short. I suspect that when I start working for real (finish training) they are going to be even shorter.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Scouring the house today. I am certain that it should be impossible to remove four carloads of stuff and still have crap everywhere.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Aww jeez, Vettel to Ferrari, Alonso to McLaren, no more di Montezemolo ... I don't know whether to fold the colors for good or imitate a classic Latin temperament meltdown. Maybe put on some dark Enzo glasses and imperiously berate anyone within reach as though they and their children are solely responsible for this catastrophe. 

Really doesn't matter, though, in the wake of Bianchi's head injury, christ I hope the guy recovers. Get well, Jules. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Today I jogged about three miles and am now going to eat some fajitas and drink tequila.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

There is a real opportunity to sell this software product I support to a large government institution so I'm working from home today and preparing the SOW (statement of work) and technical questionnaire.

There is real money to be made from dealing with government, its just much more complicated than the private sector

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There is a real opportunity to sell this software product I support to a large government institution so I'm working from home today and preparing the SOW (statement of work) and technical questionnaire.

There is real money to be made from dealing with government, its just much more complicated than the private sector

*scratching noise of note taking*

So that's a large value tender, connected to your IP address today...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Interesting day in court. No matter how you prepare for all the eventualities, either the process or the end result is always something you didn't expect.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Amused coworkers by following up with "Are you finished?" after a client went on an angry rant, not even all that on topic. Ah, Mondays.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Failed to get a job in Helsinki I assumed I would get - didn't even get interviewed, in the end.

Now proceeding to get sadly drunk via "Original Long Drink" aka grapefruit soda and gin aka gay beer.

Failed to get a job in Helsinki I assumed I would get - didn't even get interviewed, in the end.

Now proceeding to get sadly drunk via "Original Long Drink" aka grapefruit soda and gin aka gay beer.

Sorry to hear that man, hope you get a better one then.

Fortune favors the bald.

Are you still in Finnish Innsmouth(Finnsmouth?)? If so,they may suspect you are a fishman.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Are you still in Finnish Innsmouth(Finnsmouth?)? If so,they may suspect you are a fishman.

-Elwood Blues

Today I determined that I've walked over 1,000 miles since Feb. According to MapMyWalk, 700 since June 27. For a walk to count it must:

Be at least 1 mile

Be calculable and confirmable

Be for purpose of exercise. Waling to and from the grocery counts. Walking at the car show doesn't.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Today I have been mostly whingeing about how ****ing cold it's become. Seriously. The thermometer just dropped by two thirds.

-Elwood Blues

Today I have been mostly whingeing about how ****ing cold it's become. Seriously. The thermometer just dropped by two thirds.

Put on a jacket or light yourself on fire.

• Like 1

I've had a long day and will now play New Vegas with my high-tech juggernaut in Razorback power armor.

• Like 1

Amsterdam Oct.13-Dec.15, with London, Lisbon, Brussels, Weimar, Budapest, and possibly couple other places inbetween. 

Don't look at me, it's for research. 

I always knew I had supra-human olfactory sensitivity, but now that the menthol smoke has cleared, I can literally smell the sesame seeds being sprinkled on the beef broccoli at the Chinese restaurant across the street behind the mall two blocks down from the gas station. Quitting smoking beats the pants off of being born again by jesus. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

I always knew I had supra-human olfactory sensitivity, but now that the menthol smoke has cleared, I can literally smell the sesame seeds being sprinkled on the beef broccoli at the Chinese restaurant across the street behind the mall two blocks down from the gas station. Quitting smoking beats the pants off of being born again by jesus.

Wait, my local Chinese restaurant doesn't put sesame seeds on my broccoli beef!

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Innsmouth was just a one-week thing, they ran out of lawyers for the case and had to import. I've tried to think of a suitable comparison for this place, but really can't. Some administrative center in rural ~Minnesota with a bunch of zombies on the streets? The horror here is less one of ancient decay and more of present-day desperation and hopelessness. Living Dead, I guess?

Also at work, slightly hung over.

Innsmouth was just a one-week thing, they ran out of lawyers for the case and had to import. I've tried to think of a suitable comparison for this place, but really can't. Some administrative center in rural ~Minnesota with a bunch of zombies on the streets? The horror here is less one of ancient decay and more of present-day desperation and hopelessness. Living Dead, I guess?

If I may take a stab at a comparison...

Day in and day out you go to work, going nowhere but feeling yourself slowly deteriorating into the carcass that will be there when you die. You find yourself constantly telling yourself you'll get your **** together, lose some weight, or any other wishful thinking that you never actually do. You focus on some decisions you made, thinking that if you had made a different choice you wouldn't be in this ****. You feel yourself becoming increasingly bitter, till all joy is drained from you and you're a hollow shell of a man. In the end you finally wear down to the point where you no longer care and eat lead.

In short, it's the bad office job expanded into a town.

Edited by KaineParker

Day in and day out you go to work, going nowhere but feeling yourself slowly deteriorating into the carcass that will be there when you die. You find yourself constantly telling yourself you'll get your **** together, lose some weight, or any other wishful thinking that you never actually do. You focus on some decisions you made, thinking that if you had made a different choice you wouldn't be in this ****. You feel yourself becoming increasingly bitter, till all joy is drained from you and you're a hollow shell of a man. In the end you finally wear down to the point where you no longer care and eat lead.

The paragraph in the middle described my day-to.day existence. The town is less about that, few people here have work of any kind and the ones that do, it's not in an office.

Funny enough it is easy to fall into that mind set and view of your life if you let it. So you need to start somewhere around constructive changes and more importantly you need to rigidly stick to any improvements you decide on

I would say the first change to make is around health and exercise. Once a person starts feeling better about themselves physically the other things, like a bad job, become easier to manage. But you need to follow any exercise program properly and try not to deviate from it, that's always  a good way to implement life changes

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela