Hacked Nude Photos: Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Yvonne Strahovski, etc.

ktchong

Newsflash, that's not even the case on your computer unless you specifically go out of your way to overwrite the HDD sectors multiple times (or smash the drive),

Do you have a superstition or something? Rewriting once is enough as it is.

Also, smashing might not help, most data will be recoverable.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Newsflash, that's not even the case on your computer unless you specifically go out of your way to overwrite the HDD sectors multiple times (or smash the drive),

Do you have a superstition or something? Rewriting once is enough as it is.

Also, smashing might not help, most data will be recoverable.

Superstition? Seriously?

No, experienced and knowledgeable. Perhaps for you storage technology is some magical mystery as it seems to be for so many (though it's certainly not rocket science), but I've personally successfully recovered data that was written over, many times. It's possible with magnetic drives to do so, often with means easily available to anyone in the form of recovery software.

If the easy method (recovery software) doesn't work, and if you have the proper equipment, along with the knowledge to use it (as the FBI or many professional studios do, for example), it's often possible to recover data that's been written over, even sometimes after it's been written over more than once.

Most storage is on magnetic drives. 

And if you properly smash a drive, thereby destroying it... no, it is not recoverable. Perhaps when you smash things you smash like a toddler with a nerfbat, but most people, even toddlers, are adept at crushing things to goo if they so desire.

There were more leaks today. Jessica Brown Findley has really amazing videos. She talks with her boyfriend a lot, laughs, I can almost feel like I AM her boyfriend because he does most of the filming from his point of view. They're so good together. Such warm feelings.

And there's comedy in there too. She asks permission to smell his bum while blowing him. And they laugh. Amazing stuff.

I'm so happy and serene now.

Bester don't you feel even the least bit sheepish about being a voyeur? This is someone's personal thoughts and actions in there relationship? Don't you have your own life to focus on?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No, experienced and knowledgeable. Perhaps for you storage technology is some magical mystery as it seems to be for so many (though it's certainly not rocket science), but I've personally successfully recovered data that was written over, many times.

How do you know how many times it was written over?

It's possible with magnetic drives to do so

Please provide proof.

Bester don't you feel even the least bit sheepish about being a voyeur? This is someone's personal thoughts and actions in there relationship? Don't you have your own life to focus on?

Evidently not.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

No, experienced and knowledgeable. Perhaps for you storage technology is some magical mystery as it seems to be for so many (though it's certainly not rocket science), but I've personally successfully recovered data that was written over, many times.

How do you know how many times it was written over?

It's possible with magnetic drives to do so

Please provide proof.

The answer to the first question is sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. It's usually a matter of inquiring of the user what they did.

The answer to the second question is on you. Go look it up. It's not exactly uncommon knowledge either. A matter of basic physics and the properties of magnetism to a large extent.

Better change from p4ssw0rd, then, being celibate and all. Wait, that's not the same as a celebrity.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Am i the only thinking that this situation has indirectly stopped any future war? Well, for at least for a while. Think of all those combatants and soldiers, having nothing but the internet....

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Am i the only thinking that this situation has indirectly stopped any future war? Well, for at least for a while. Think of all those combatants and soldiers, having nothing but the internet....

Those aren't the guys who start the wars.... just the ones who do the fighting. Surely they'd rather take part in the circus that is this than hang out under a hail of gun or rocket fire.

The people who start the wars wear 3 piece suits, often own/run corporations/banks, and are actually considered innocuous by much of the public who prefer to believe some cartoon character frothing at the mouth caused them.

Those aren't the guys who start the wars.... just the ones who do the fighting. Surely they'd rather take part in the circus that is this than hang out under a hail of gun or rocket fire.

The people who start the wars wear 3 piece suits, often own/run corporations/banks, and are actually considered innocuous by much of the public who prefer to believe some cartoon character frothing at the mouth caused them.

"The people who start wars" - LOL.

Pfff what a ridiculous piece of propaganda. I know from the media that ALL wars are started by exactly ONE person and that is Vlad Putin.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 2

I was watching a discussion now on Sky News about this debacle. The debate was between two ladies and two men. Anyway the ladies were saying the leaking of the photos and videos is tantamount to sexual abuse. One of men was disagreeing as he said "we must be careful to not throw around words that are an embellishment of a situation". The ladies said there is " no doubt there is a sexual element to this"

Anyway I tend to agree with the ladies, it may not be the accepted definition of sexual abuse but its a grotesque violation of the targeted women's privacy and there is no doubt it is very hurtful and embarrassing. So for me its a type of  virtual abuse and ridicule, its not far off from real abuse because the only thing  missing is the physical act of abuse

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Invasion of privacy =/= sexual abuse. Everything is "tantamount to rape" at the moment, I find it nearly as despicable as I find, say, the invasions of privacy themselves, as, well, I really shouldn't have to point out the difference between rape and some cheesecake pics getting leaked.

• Like 5

Invasion of privacy =/= sexual abuse. Everything is "tantamount to rape" at the moment, I find it nearly as despicable as I find, say, the invasions of privacy themselves, as, well, I really shouldn't have to point out the difference between rape and some cheesecake pics getting leaked.

Í knew people would  object to what I was saying, but as I mentioned this is exactly what the women journalists were saying. Maybe we should at least try to consider it because they are women after all and they would see this differently to how men see it ?

I think there is a case for this type of perspective? A case for virtual sexual abuse ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Í knew people would  object to what I was saying, but as I mentioned this is exactly what the women journalists were saying. Maybe we should at least try to consider it because they are women after all and they would see this differently to how men see it ?

Nah, they are just crying "rape" instead of "wolf"

• Like 1

I don't see it as sexual abuse. But it is a crime based on a premise of exploiting power for the purposes of sex. "I can so I will"

That kind of logic is just one comatose girl away from ruining a person's life.

• Like 5

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm assuming most of those who truly feel that, may have been abused in some fashion (by men or women), they are simply echoing that pain and directing it towards all men.. In short, no they don't realize it, their judgment is clouded by that anger.

That being said, I doubt that kind of rhetoric carries any weight beyond equally angry people.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm assuming most of those who truly feel that, may have been abused in some fashion (by men or women), they are simply echoing that pain and directing it towards all men.. In short, no they don't realize it, their judgment is clouded by that anger.

That being said, I doubt that kind of rhetoric carries any weight beyond equally angry people.

So, by analogy, when I say all women are shallow spendthrift wh***s, it's only reflecting my own personal experience with that gender? Hm, maybe you're onto something.

I think there is a case for this type of perspective? A case for virtual sexual abuse ?

By consider, you really mean "just agree with them", don't you ? While hacking is wrong, it somewhat trivializes people who are the victims of sexual abuse to compare this to it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They might have been abused in some fashion, or they've just swallowed an ideology - in this case a subdivision of feminism - whole and have subverted their whole world view to it. You meet people like that in other places too, like the Witcher vs. Dragon Age thread ;)

I think this can be deeply humiliating and all around uncomfortable. But it's belittling actual sexual abuse.