Questions to the Devs

I know dead animals are supposed to be hilarious and everything, especially when trying to convey an expression, but the thread seemed to be doing just fine without pictures of deceased things in an advanced state of decay in it.

You're no fun. Dead animals make me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Ok, fine, I'll remove it. *grumble*

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Is Coruscant one of the planets that you visit in KotOR II?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

[Whine]Not memory loss againnnnnn.....[/Whine]

Hey, on that note, maybe your PC will turn out to be the Nameless One.

Imagine Annah triple-wielding lightsabers, one in each hand and one held by the tail to protect her back :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't know the nuances of Star Wars D20, but do the other races have different stat bonuses or penalties in Sith Lords? Maybe special qualities like Zalbaar's Wookie Toughness feat in the first KotOR?

Something for the non-human NPCs to feel more unique I guess, aside from the obvious physical differences. ;)

[Whine]Not memory loss againnnnnn.....[/Whine]

Hey, on that note, maybe your PC will turn out to be the Nameless One.

Imagine Annah triple-wielding lightsabers, one in each hand and one held by the tail to protect her back :)

a la general grevious?

I'm glad the protagonist will be human again. Some games are superior because of the choices they offer. Others are superior because of the detail they offer. In the case of the first KotOR, the story is tighter because the protagonist is human. The player then has plenty of meaningful choices in terms of what he does with the character.

Personally, I think a ton of race options would make the story a mess.

Now, my question is this, if we start out as a dark sider by the choices we identify during character creation, will we have the oportunity to change? Redemption might be the first compelling reason I have to finish a game I've started as the bad guy.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

- Will the three sabre styles be balanced?

- Will every alien speak in jibberish? And if so, will it at least be timed to the amount of text they have instead of a minute of alien-babble for a 3 word sentence?

- Will there be MORE clothing options other than armor, robes and a default outfit? :)

- Will ranged weapons be deadly?

- Will Lightsabres actually be deadly?

- Will the minigames be optional this time?

- Will the game be moddable from the get-go?

- Will the good/evil dialogue choices be less obvious?

- Will there be times when the choices you make actually lead to some sort of sacrifice on your part?

- Will we be free of Tattooine?

- Will there be new locations made just for this game?

.... I'll stop :)

....ok, I guess I have a few more...

- Will the manual actually be useful? (i.e. LARGE and FULL of info :D)

- Will you be upping the system reqs just to add some eyecandy? And if so is it possible to turn it off just so we don't have to buy a new computer just to play it?

- Will the minigames be optional this time?

- Will we be free of Tattooine?

- Will there be new locations made just for this game?

Minigames will be optional, at least that's what the unofficial FAQ said.

Will there be mini games in KOTOR 2? Yes, but they all are completely optional. Included are the same ones from the old game and possibly some new ones.

I hope Tatooine is gone as well, there's far too many Star Wars games which make you go to that boring desert planet.

By the looks of it, there will be Coruscant (however, it was also in Jedi Academy). Telos, which was mentioned in KotOR, as well as Peragus:

How many planets are there? 7 worlds including Dantooine and Telos (Carths home world).

Will I see the ebon Hawk again? Yes. You find the Hawk mysteriously abandoned on the asteroid mining facility of Peragus.

• Will there be more interesting death animations. Not necessarily blood-n-guts, but more dramatic?
  • Will there be Jawas? Not necessarily on Tattooine, they could end up in a shipment of droids by accident
  • Will any of the female cast have a tail? :)
  • Will all important doors in the game be made of Corthosis (spelling?) weave, rendering lightsabers useless at inappropriate times?
  • Will all NPC's have a part to play, or will some be there for the roleplaying/flavour stuff?
  • Will there be better facial animations on the models, especially the humans ones, when talking (a few more polygons wouldn't hurt on the close-ups :) )?
  • Will we be able to fill out a questionnaire and name one of the villains (like Darth Caen)? B)

*retreating to think tank...*

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein