Drama in the indy gaming biz ?

NWN_babaYaga

4 more pages and growing... gonna read this all on Friday with a bag of popcorn.

Thread on the Escapist is pretty good for it, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 more pages and growing... gonna read this all on Friday with a bag of popcorn.

Thread on the Escapist is pretty good for it, too.

That Escapist Thread goes so fast that's gonna go back in time lol.

Edited by Chaz

Nah, not true from a quick search. SJWs being histrionic like they are though, it can be hard to tell.

Surprised this is on IGN - http://www.ign.com/blogs/robojules/2014/09/02/the-editor-has-no-clothes

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wat

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I mean, this is truly the end of times.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There is a fish dude called Phil fish and a drama "feminist" Quinn fish female. Both have done ONE game, but nothing realy big contributed to games in general but make a "hype" about themselfs instead. The only thing I got out of this BS is both have private issues and should make joga instead of using a keyboard.

isnt it funny that both are the ones who start talking about making money via youtube and copyright infringement here and there when the whole mod and indy scene is pretty against monetization, censorship and and and. Well, i´ll be honest as always and i say fuc+ fez and fuc+ suicide quest !

This thread has inspired me to open a new thread in its image but on a completely different tone.

This **** is like if the Westboro Baptist Church was like "yo can't you see I'm disgusting, why aren't we addressing this and doing something about it, wtf man?"

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I would like share this even when some people here admitted they don't give a damn about game developers beign afraid to lose their job.

Daniel Vavra is a video game designer that worked on the Mafia series and now works on Warhorse Studios making the open world RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance

qBnGLQ9.jpg

People doing the comparisons to ISIS and saying that threatening to kill ten year olds are OK are doing so as satire and deliberate irony. Yes, it is known. I refuse to accept any alternative interpretations, for sake of my own sanity.

Can't say I'm surprised Vavra is commenting, they clearly got metric asterisktons of SJW crap over the male protagonist/ predominant whiteys issues, in their medieval central European history based game of all things- and I wasn't even really following the game to see that much of it.

Hah, some SJW is being confronted with his old posting on the Codex, rather amusing

Hah, some SJW is being confronted with his old posting on the Codex, rather amusing

Links? Sounds too funny to pass up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

BwkWZr7CIAAk63i.jpg

pic.twitter.com/COf9LnqJ9H

Is Ian Miles Cheong, aka Sol Invictus, I think

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Its not just gaming where SJWs are a problem. I don't know how many times I've been attacked as a mysoginist, racist, and genderist, for thinking the next Doctor shouldn't be a woman, casting a black actor to play a white character is bad casting, and admitting to buying girls toys for my daughter. And it doesn't matter what kind of argument I might make in my favor, they just attack and dismiss any rebuttal because my initial opinioin is evidence enough that I'm brain damaged.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/01/saints-row-4-developer-says-anita-sarkeesian-is-right-in-latest-tropes-vs-women-in-videogames-video/

Interesting, I guess we really should start accepting that there is a problem with the objectification of women in games when the creative director of a game like  Saints Row acknowledges it?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/01/saints-row-4-developer-says-anita-sarkeesian-is-right-in-latest-tropes-vs-women-in-videogames-video/

Interesting, I guess we really should start accepting that there is a problem with the objectification of women in games when the creative director of a game like  Saints Row acknowledges it?

I never understood, as it was never explained to me since I have a white privilege and all that why is it that sexual objectification is bad. I get that doing it to real people diminish their actual worth because humans are capable of much. But in escapism it does serve the purposes of a specific narrative, and if fiction is capable of actually influencing your core values and your sense of self then maybe we should be looking towards changing violent media. Still relevant point of how everyone seems to be ok with violence in video games because people can tell the difference between reality and fiction but apparently they can't when gender roles are involved.

I still don't see all these complaints as anything more than an attempt to subvert a value system and replace it with another that's more favorable to them.  

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Its not just gaming where SJWs are a problem. I don't know how many times I've been attacked as a mysoginist, racist, and genderist, for thinking the next Doctor shouldn't be a woman, casting a black actor to play a white character is bad casting, and admitting to buying girls toys for my daughter. And it doesn't matter what kind of argument I might make in my favor, they just attack and dismiss any rebuttal because my initial opinioin is evidence enough that I'm brain damaged.

I think it depends for me.

I think Docotor Who needs a new showrunner. Moffat hasn't provided that great of material after Amy Pond was out of the narrative. I wouldn't care of they cast a woman as the Doctor if the actress was good, but casting a woman to fill a quoata of some sort would be dumb.

The Fantastic Four movie has way more problems than Johnny Storm being black, like the creative team trying to make it Chronicle 2. Frankly, I think the FF is pretty dated and should only take place in the 60s. As to other castings, Idris Elba as Heimdall and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury were good IMO.

Buy your daughter the toys she wants. If anyone has a problem with it, tell them to **** off.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I never understood, as it was never explained to me since I have a white privilege and all that why is it that sexual objectification is bad. I get that doing it to real people diminish their actual worth because humans are capable of much. But in escapism it does serve the purposes of a specific narrative, and if fiction is capable of actually influencing your core values and your sense of self then maybe we should be looking towards changing violent media. Still relevant point of how everyone seems to be ok with violence in video games because people can tell the difference between reality and fiction but apparently they can't when gender roles are involved.

I still don't see all these complaints as anything more than an attempt to subvert a value system and replace it with another that's more favorable to them.  

Let me explain, objectification of genders is bad for exactly the reason you mentioned, it diminishes the role and relevance of a particular gender. The gender being objectified, and its normally women,  are basically demeaned by being objectified. Its not a realistic portrayal of them. I hear you about the escapism aspect but we can still have escapism and entertainment without objectification of women. Also what people are expecting is not a system that is more favourable to them, but rather a system that isn't offensive to them, Big difference :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Moffat hasn't provided that great of material...

That's because Moffat isn't a good head writer...

Better than Davies....

• Like 1

Sorry I am confused by one of your points. Why is it an issue to buy girls toys for your daughter? What is the objection to this?

John Milton 

Amazing how easily he's winning over people with just words like that, something to be said for timing. So I guess whores in games are a thing of the past.

Also what people are expecting is not a system that is more favourable to them, but rather a system that isn't offensive to them, Big difference :)

You're far too trusting.

Edited by Malcador