Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First impressions thread!

ui icons beta Feedback: requested design art general First impressions review feedback

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

Vinidesigner

Vinidesigner

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

And about the enemies, they are balanced? The dificulties are set right? 

Namutree

Namutree

Compulsive Double Poster of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1711 posts

And about the enemies, they are balanced? The dificulties are set right? 

No. There is still balancing to do.

wanderon

wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1274 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Quick question: what are the red/green dots that appear above characters in combat?

Christmas decorations? :p

Oxford_Guy

Oxford_Guy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

User interface and path finding needs another pass: Everytime I select group and click to talk to someone some other character in my party (and not me) walks up to the character I clicked on. Very annoying to have to deselect every time. Path finding is erratic at best.

Yes I picked up on that straight away - shouldn't the group leader (character on the furthest left) always be the person who engages conversation if you have the group selected? Think that's how it worked in BG, You can, of course, select a specific character, but it's tiresome to do that all the time.

BTW despite this comment (which is really a very minor irritation)  I'm very much liking what I'm see, but do realise it's a young game and will need time to mature to reach its full potential.

Compared to BG (2nd Edition D&D, more or less), P:E seems quite a lot more complex on first look, which could be a good or a bad thing, though any moderately complicated game can seem a bit daunting at first (I thought this of the excellent Europa Universalis IV by Paradox initially, and now love the game and understand how it all works). Complexity can be okay if the systems are logical and clear.

Bazy

Bazy

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You just bumped a 5 month old thread. 

Gladiuss8@gmail.com

Gladiuss8@gmail.com

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 81 posts

PoE seems more complex than BG2, what did I just read ?

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 865 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

PoE seems more complex than BG2, what did I just read ?

Nope, you read "compared to BG (presumably BG1), which was was based on 2nd ed. D&D ...."

Oxford_Guy

Oxford_Guy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

You just bumped a 5 month old thread. 

Why does that matter? I thought this was meant to be the thread where first impressions for all new players were to be posted, no?

• Luckmann likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ui, icons, beta, Feedback: requested, design, art, general, First impressions, review, feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users