Dragon Age: Inquisition

IWD is amazing.  I think it is unfortunate people think it is some sort of Dungeon Crawler.  I mean there is lots of Dungeon Crawling but it has an amazing plot and memorable characters and gorgeous environments and music.  Its reputation as a dungeon crawler seriously hurt its release and reputation to people who never played it forever.  If you loved BG you will love IWD.  Anybody who played both disagree? 

Yes. IWD is the worst kind of brainless hackfest the D&D license could offer.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

It is a dungeon crawler. To say it isn't is lying and spitting in the face of BIS since that is what they were making.  It's a good dungeonc rawler though.

It is primary BIS fault since that is indeed how they marketed it.  I was never claiming they were some sort of victim.

It's not how they marketed it. It is how they made it. It is how it is. IWD is a dungeon crawler. That's not spin or advertising.  It's not even a bad thing. Or a good thing. It just is.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wow.  Well I guess everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Well, for a given value of "brainless" and "hackfest", of course. Which values are different from the ones you'd use with Diablo, for example. Still, I think it's a disgrace to the D&D license.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Guest Slinky

Wow.  Well I guess everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Well, for a given value of "brainless" and "hackfest", of course. Which values are different from the ones you'd use with Diablo, for example. Still, I think it's a disgrace to the D&D license.

Isn't that a bit strong opinion, especially since games like Descent to Undermountain has been released under D&D license?

Fun fact: According wiki certain Chris Avellone was one of it's designers  :grin:

Um there are dozens of horrible D&D games so I just do not get where you are coming really for it being a disgrace.  I did not find it either a hackfest or brainless.  At least no more brainless or hacky than the other IE games (well except for PS:T but that was a totally different sort of game). 

Isn't that a bit strong opinion, especially since games like Descent to Undermountain has been released under D&D license?

Fun fact: According wiki certain Chris Avellone was one of it's designers  :grin:

Right?  Or the second Pool of Radiance game or...

And to actually post on, you know, dragon age, from the way they commented on the human last name, I assume it'll be like dao where your last name is set based on your origin (race in this case). So "inquisitor" will be the normal way of referring to you with occasional last name drops for more specifity...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And to actually post on, you know, dragon age, from the way they commented on the human last name, I assume it'll be like dao where your last name is set based on your origin (race in this case). So "inquisitor" will be the normal way of referring to you with occasional last name drops for more specifity...

Actually post on Dragon Age?  What madness is this?

Strange I do not recall ever being referred to as 'Cousland' ever in DA:O or anything other than 'The Grey Warden' so I think you are right.  Probably just 'Inquisitor' the whole time.

What are you talking about, man? This is awesome! It makes up for all the times I got picked last for kickball and the time when I asked Susie Rottencrotch to the prom but she said she was waiting for Jodie instead (and I think we all know how that turned out)

Who's laughing now Susie, who's laughing now...

• Like 5

Free games updated 3/4/21

"The tactical combat is more like DAO with the tactical camera (extra improved) and the real-time combat is slower with more weight behind the attacks, defence, hits etc. You can swap between these modes whenever you like and as always you can swap between party members at any time," wrote Lee

This is what I'm most curious about at this point

Extra improved? Improved how? My fear is that it's locked in much, much closer and I don't consider that an improvement over the DAO camera which did have room for improvement

• Like 1

Doing unpaid beta work is not cool. It's slavery.

Good thing he'll be a really poor tester like everyone else :)

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"The tactical combat is more like DAO with the tactical camera (extra improved) and the real-time combat is slower with more weight behind the attacks, defence, hits etc. You can swap between these modes whenever you like and as always you can swap between party members at any time," wrote Lee

This is what I'm most curious about at this point

Extra improved? Improved how? My fear is that it's locked in much, much closer and I don't consider that an improvement over the DAO camera which did have room for improvement

I posted a video on the last page in which you also can see the tactical view.

Yes, I've seen the small bits they've shown. I don't just want to see a couple seconds of it though, I'd rather get a detailed write up or at least a video that actually discusses it in depth

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Actually post on Dragon Age?  What madness is this?

Strange I do not recall ever being referred to as 'Cousland' ever in DA:O or anything other than 'The Grey Warden' so I think you are right.  Probably just 'Inquisitor' the whole time.

Pretty sure you were referred to as such by Howe and in the origin, too...

(edited due to faulty memory)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I cannot confirm or deny that somebody somewhere just got in the DA Keep beta .Wait, actually I can. 

Hey guys I'm the DA Keep beta /coolkid

Without going into goo much detail, are you happy with it so far, I'm guessing it's a lot better than that ME comic?