Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

It can be a challenging game at times... :-

The prison...  Hahahahaaahahaha! It was nasty, really nasty. It took four attempts, but I learnt a lot about WL2 tactics along the way (and also that I was most likely under-geared).

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I can't get into the prison. Exhausted all options except attacking the turrets head on. I'd have to wait for more companion cannon fodder before I try, they don't last long as they don't usually get prioritized for healing. Playing on ranger difficulty you are kinda forced to chose who to spend medpacks on. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Technically, the game storywise encourages you not to deal with those turrets and that part of the prison until after the visit to the Temple of Titan.

You can find a "tread" in Darmonta that fixes the robot by the prison wall, that will go up to the turrets and destroy them.

Or, you can potentially load up on the various rocket launchers from TNT back at the Ranger Citadel if you have enough scrap before hand. Of course, the time I did that it beta, it broke the game later because I'd killed all the Rad Scorpions early in the game, but it wouldn't let me continue the main storyline until I went back to the prison because the dead people were yelling on the Radio....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Huge patch just arrived!

Amongst dozens of fixes:

"- Ag Center: Ag Center Serum cures “acute” version of Pod Infection."

Nice, since this forced me to hack the game to keep going (or else do a pretty big reload).

Full patch notes on tumblr (always these social media hipster sites, grr):

http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/98474203546/wasteland-2-patch-1-56458-release-notes

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well I've found it in several run throughs in the beta, and once in the current version at the Airfield, when you face Tinker. It's not dropped by the robots you destroy, but an actual specific tread in one of the crates in the Airfield hangar.

Do you mean abandoned railroad ?. Don't think I have the abandoned airfield location, maybe I botched a dialouge that would have gotten me there. I finished the Titan canyon and i'm doing Damota and silo 7 or whatever it was called now. It annoyed me that I had unfinised business at the prison so I thought I would try and get in.

Anyway if it drops random and I've already sold it then I'm probably screwed anyway. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Regarding treads:

It's a particular tread. If you don't find it at the radio tower or abandoned railway (random drops in both), then you should most certainly find it in Damonta.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

so, from the patch notes we see that alarm disarm were addressed, but we see no mention o' the other broken skills such as leadership and animal whisperer. it appears we wait for patch #2. is quite annoying to spend points in a skill or ability (luck is broken too) only to find that you ain't getting what were being sold.  the thing is, as we don't know how inxile will fix such skills and abilities, am thinking it makes sense for us to wait till they address issues, or at least respond regarding how they plan on fixing. 

gotta give obsidian, and josh in particular, credit for his feedback efforts. inxile reticence is, by comparison, annoying. am much preferring the obsidian and biowarian approach to feedback and relative transparency. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What's wrong with animal whisper. I mean aside from the fact that I would rather have a wastewolf companion than an MMO pet with a tiny bonus attached. 

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com//search.php?keywords=animal&fid%5B0%5D=34&sid=ebddeae0638677be9bfed96f082a27f9

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

so, from the patch notes we see that alarm disarm were addressed, but we see no mention o' the other broken skills such as leadership and animal whisperer. it appears we wait for patch #2. is quite annoying to spend points in a skill or ability (luck is broken too) only to find that you ain't getting what were being sold.  the thing is, as we don't know how inxile will fix such skills and abilities, am thinking it makes sense for us to wait till they address issues, or at least respond regarding how they plan on fixing. 

gotta give obsidian, and josh in particular, credit for his feedback efforts. inxile reticence is, by comparison, annoying. am much preferring the obsidian and biowarian approach to feedback and relative transparency. 

HA! Good Fun!

I'm aware that leadership isn't giving the advertised amount of accuracy bonus.

I've been using the other skills without a problem. What's the issue with animal whisperer?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66368-wasteland-2-kickstarted/?p=1515803

HA! Good Fun!

ps am wondering if we can create a mobius loop with this kinda posting. if you get stuck in the Twilight Zone, it ain't our fault.

Edited by Gromnir

Whats the matter with Animal Whisperer?

we know how much gifted likes spam, so, just for you, 

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66368-wasteland-2-kickstarted/?p=1515803

HA! Good Fun!

Not a huge fan of Spam but Im ok with Vienna Sausages. Weird.

oh, don't sell yourself short. we has seen you serving up spam with such vigor that we thought, perhaps, you were a native hawaiian. 

http://www.spam.com/spam-101/why-spam-products-popular-in-hawaii

http://www.spamjamhawaii.com/

HA! Good Fun!

Hey Gromnir, thanks.

Hey Gromnir, thanks.

Hey Gromnir, thanks.

Wait, what just happened? Where in the hell am I? Who am I?

Oh crap, some just went really wrong in forum land.

The regular robot treads don't work, it has to be component numer such and such,  supposedly  it drops random. Fist chance at the radio tower. I must have sold it. 

I had the same thing happen to me, in the beta build I couldn't get the unique item to drop. I did find it in

the hangar with the android boss lady, inside a locked box right next to the dentist's chair

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

ah. well, at least now we is on same page. is settled then that gifted likes to dish out spam. gotcha. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Hey Gromnir, thanks.

Hey Gromnir, thanks.

Hey Gromnir, thanks.

Wait, what just happened? Where in the hell am I? Who am I?

Oh crap, some just went really wrong in forum land.

we has experienced the wall-of-success from animal whisperer twice.... which, when we consider how frequent we has had an opportunity to utilize animal whisperer, that is actual significant.

HA! Good Fun!

Can anyone give me some help with the Rail Nomads?

I can get the brake shoe from Casey no problem, but I haven't figured out a way to get the spike without turning all the Topekans hostile against me.  How can I get the spike without turning the Topekans hostile?  Is there a different way to reach peace between them?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can get the brake shoe from Casey no problem, but I haven't figured out a way to get the spike without turning all the Topekans hostile against me.  How can I get the spike without turning the Topekans hostile?  Is there a different way to reach peace between them?

Read at your own risk:

You don't need to get the brake shoe or the spike for a peaceful resolution, and in fact, stealing either of these prized items is like to just complicate things. You need to work this out through dialogue, and I believe it requires a smart ass lvl 6 (it did for me, but there might be other ways). At any rate, take care of as many problems as you can around the RNC, including the Rail Thieves, saving Ralphy, saving the guy who stepped on the landmine, etc.

Go and talk to Casey James and bring the topic toward making peace. You will be sent back and forth a couple of times between him and Kekkahbah to deliver messages, but during one of the discussions with Casey you can convince him that the golden spike should be used to repair the tracks... and that requires a Smart Ass 6. You need to get him to agree to this in order to secure peace. Kekkahbah will like the idea if you share it with him. Continue to follow the quest through, including sharing that Casey must cut off his own arm, which he will agree to do. Follow it through and all will end well.

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1

When you talk to Casey, rather then get the brake shoe off him, discuss peace. There should be conversation options that open up, especially if you managed to save his daughter from being blown up by one of his bombs. - If you notice, after you save Ralphy, she's stood near a playground, there's a bike or something you can examine which has an IED you can disarm - But, if you get the conversation on a peace treaty going, you can suggest a "both" option, where rather then one side keeping the Golden Spike, they use it to seal the peace treaty. Then you end up running back and forth a couple of times to make sure everyone agrees. The Topekan's demand Casey loses an arm, to which he'll agree, and then they drive the Golden Spike into the railway tracks and peace is had.

Of course, I had the peace treaty all signed, everyone was happy, the Rangers back at the Citadel applauded me for it... but when the end epilogue came up, I got told that since I'd helped Casey annihilate the Topekans all sorts of bad crap had happened. So I have no idea where that came from.

Edit: Heh, and beaten while I typed.. ;)

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1