Why is there no world cup thread ?

Gorgon

Iran Nigeria's been pretty even. Not great football, but they are smaller teams in the tournament.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had promised myself not to watch the Iran-Nigeria game, as it didn't exactly look promising on paper. Then I broke my promise, watched it for ten minutes and concluded that I had been very much right in not wanting to watch it and turned it off again.

Looking forward to the U.S.A.-Ghana game though.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Bayern Munich Germany was pretty good, but the game was destroyed after Pepe was sent off (red card? really?). Not that Portugal made much effort, though.

So far I'm liking Holland and Italy best.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Oh man, whatever happened to Jozy Altidor, it looks really serious.  I hope it looks worse than it is.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh man, whatever happened to Jozy Altidor, it looks really serious.  I hope it looks worse than it is.

Yeah, poor guy. Might be the end of the tournament for him.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Ghana looking better as time goes by, USA need to be careful or they'll become yet another team to score first and lose.

Ghana's shooting will eventually get better.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

With as many chances as Ghana was getting you had to figure they'd put one in eventually.  That was a really pretty pass and goal.  The US will be lucky if they escape from this game with a point.  

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  I take it back.  Take the 3 points and run!  :w00t:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh dear. Well, Ghana deserved it to be honest.

Neither team is really helped by this score though, the only one who would like to see this score is Portugal.

Aw that's BS

Not impressed by either of them in this. Ghana's passing is awful

It's a shame, but African nations just somehow always bottle when it's time to shine. Even when they have a few really good, talented players who can work magic with the ball either their teams don't gel, or the discipline isn't there, but they just rarely ever manage to live up to their potential.