What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

Better Call Saul 3rd episode - yeah, not quite as good but still entertaining. I keep wondering if they'll (eventually) bring back other BB chrs like Fring, to show how Mike goes from retired cop/parking attendant to working with/being so loyal to him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Better Call Saul 3rd episode - yeah, not quite as good but still entertaining. I keep wondering if they'll (eventually) bring back other BB chrs like Fring, to show how Mike goes from retired cop/parking attendant to working with/being so loyal to him.

I hope so, I was so happy when I saw Mike because he was one of my favorite BB characters. 

Breaking Bad did the same thing, great first episodes then dial it down a bit to start building up.

Supernatural

CAIN! FINALLY!

...altho I kept wanting him to break into song...

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Not God, Grodd"

The Flash gets better with every episode. I love this show.

The CG was fantastic too. Not something one normally says about a TV show.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

For the somewhat.. annoying.. Fox have picked up Lucifer to do as the latest comic to tv series..  but they're deciding to turn it into some form of police procedural with Lucifer working with the LAPD in some form...  :banghead:   Law and Order: Infernal Abuse Victims?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/foxs-lucifer-dc-comics-bruckheimer-767811

http://www.avclub.com/article/foxs-lucifer-series-will-be-crime-busting-soul-ste-215527

The new pilot will see DC’s charming, David Bowie-inspired take on the Devilwho first appeared in Neil Gaiman’s Sandman and starred for six years in his own Mike Carey-written Vertigo seriesleaving Hell for Los Angeles, “where he helps the LAPD punish criminals.” It’s not clear at this time whether Lucifer will also be helping detectives investigate the crimes he’s punishing people for, or if Fox will just be airing a bunch of scenes of Satanic, sadistic torture, just like your Aunt Barbara has been hysterically insisting for years.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

^supposedly while the bar and supporting cast are in the pilot, there's also a new character - a policewoman who befriends Lucifer and gets his help on unusual cases or some such.

So less "Law and Order" and more "Castle (of the Damned)" or "Unholy Mentalist" or "Elementary Fallen Angel Edition"

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, its a popular take on the police drama which doesn't seem to be slowing down.  The CW's changed iZombie to be more of a police guy teams up with zombie assistant mortician who retains memories from brains she eats to solve crimes from what I hear too (although the original had aspects of that - but no police.  Also iZombie is from Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggerio from VERONICA MARS so I'll give the pilot a shot).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

^supposedly while the bar and supporting cast are in the pilot, there's also a new character - a policewoman who befriends Lucifer and gets his help on unusual cases or some such.

So less "Law and Order" and more "Castle (of the Damned)" or "Unholy Mentalist" or "Elementary Fallen Angel Edition"

"Forever Sinful"

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Brimstone" comes to mind, I do believe i'm the only person who ever watched that however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Brimstone was a rather damn good show.

So good I tracked it down and made sure to get hold of copies of every episode that I could keep on harddrive...  If only the fracker hadn't blown.

• Like 1

God, the amount of examples you just gave off the top of your head makes me sad. How many "smart/unique person solves the police case" episodic dramas do we need?

Apparently, an infinite amount of them. They've been doing them in droves for decades and decades and decades.

It is interesting how the dramatic crime/mystery show has been such as staple and so popular for seemingly forever. Different eras do them differently, but they're still basically the same concept. Guess humans just love a good detective mystery!**

**long live Columbo!

I'm still a firm favourite of the Nero Wolf Mysteries that ran at the start of 2000, Maury Chaykin and Timothy Hutton perfectly captured the lead roles.

But yes, there's that holy trinity for tv produces isn't there? Cops (detectives) / lawyers / doctors - the standard that you can base nearly any show around.

What was that new show about a zombie that retained self-awareness and works at a police coroner where she eats brains that give her the memories of the victims which she uses to help the police solve the cases?

I'm not making this up. I can't recall the name but it is an honest to god real TV show.

Whatched season 1 of Atlantis. Cheesy dumbed down version of Game of Thrones and wannabe Hercules. Has some good ideas but the poor acting and subpar writing hurts it. Heard it just got canceled after a few season 2 episodes. Not surprised.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What was that new show about a zombie that retained self-awareness and works at a police coroner where she eats brains that give her the memories of the victims which she uses to help the police solve the cases?

I'm not making this up. I can't recall the name but it is an honest to god real TV show.

I've been seeing ads for some show like that. Where she says she's hungry and makes brain salad or something. Same one?

I know I snorted unbelievably when I saw the ad. Although it did remind me, tonally (not plotwise), of Warm Bodies the film, which was kinda cute.

The idea sounds interesting, but the trailer was meh. Hot zombie girl torn between hot zombie lover and hot human lover while solving crimes with hot detective.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think I'm almost ready to call it quits on Star Wars Rebels. Dave Filoni lost his way during the terrible "lost missions" season of clone wars, and not even Greg Weisman has been able to save Rebels.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg