Dragon Age: Inquistion

am gonna assume that meeting one of the original magisters were part of the dlc for da2, 'cause while our memory is thankful fuzzy regarding da2, we don't recall that encounter in da2 main game.

Well, I haven't read the books, mostly going off how Corypheus's and the Architect's design are so similar that not making a connection between the two would be a stretch.

HA! Good Fun!

You meet one in one of the DLC, and meeting him clarifies that the Architect from Awakening was one too.
I thought one of the books clearly stated the Architect was a born "mutant" darkspawn?

The internet tells me the only mention of the Architect in the LEGACY DLC is if the player killed the Architect, Anders (IIRC) indicates that the Warden-Commander knew that intelligent Darkspawn weren't to be trusted (or some such).

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is it good or bad we haven't seen Allan. Is it crunch-time ... how long before release do games go gold, nowadays. Do you think he thinks about us when making notes, like, I wonder if those Obs romance nutters will get a kick out of how many polygons this under-boob has ... 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Is it good or bad we haven't seen Allan. Is it crunch-time ... how long before release do games go gold, nowadays. Do you think he thinks about us when making notes, like, I wonder if those Obs romance nutters will get a kick out of how many polygons this under-boob has ... 

I think its terrible that Alan isn't active anymore, I miss his insights :(

But I don't think his absence has that much to do with the timing of the release of DA:I

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I miss Allan in the basketball thread, we need more hoops fans around here.

No we don't.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I miss Allan in the basketball thread, we need more hoops fans around here.

No we don't.

I agree with KP on this one, what he is basically saying is we need more people who want to actively discuss and support issues of social justice. It makes sense on many levels .... :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, if superheroes have anything to do with social justice in real-life, search what was said yesterday about the She-Hulk character by the writer of Batman V. Superman (and other DC films) David Goyer. Offensively sexist, vulgar, and condescending only begin to describe it. No wonder I frickin' hated The Dark Knight Rises.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I think its terrible that Alan isn't active anymore, I miss his insights :(

But I don't think his absence has that much to do with the timing of the release of DA:I

Alan does work the tech support side of DA...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, if superheroes have anything to do with social justice in real-life, search what was said yesterday about the She-Hulk character by the writer of Batman V. Superman (and other DC films) David Goyer. Offensively sexist, vulgar, and condescending only begin to describe it. No wonder I frickin' hated The Dark Knight Rises.  

I assume you are referring to this interview?

I wonder if anyone has told Goyer that She-Hulk is Hulk's cousin? Perhaps Goyer just is from a family with unusual traditions.*shrug*

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I wonder if anyone has told Goyer that She-Hulk is Hulk's cousin? Perhaps Goyer just is from a family with unusual traditions.*shrug*

I find it ironic that the guy who writes for DC who has more rapes than characters and a woman literally on a refrigerator is trying to rip on Marvel because of misogyny. I guess he's an opinionated **** who knows which side his bread is buttered on.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"Offensively sexist,"

Yeah, against both genders. So, not really sexist since he attacks both genders mostly males.

"vulgar,"

Nah.

"and condescending only begin to describe it."

\The target deserves to be 'condescended' to.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I find it ironic that the guy who writes for DC who has more rapes than characters and a woman literally on a refrigerator is trying to rip on Marvel because of misogyny. I guess he's an opinionated **** who knows which side his bread is buttered on.

I would go with hypocritical and ignorant, but ironic works too.

I find it sad that the guy DC is getting to write their superhero films doesn't understand and/or feels embarrassed by superheroes.

I mean calling the Hulk a male power fantasy is pretty strange. Hulk may be "the strongest thing ever", but that power has wrecked Bruce Banner's career, sanity, and personal life. If Goyer thinks being a fugitive, blacking out and waking up in ripped pants every time you get pissed off, and having to give up your career is power fantasy, I'll question the gentleman's judgement.

The point of She-Hulk was not to give Hulk a sex toy, but to be able to trademark(or copyright) a name similar to one of their characters. Spider-Woman was created for the same reason. The character She-Hulk hasn't had sex with Hulk in canon(only in that alt-universe story where Hulk ends up raping her a lot to pop out inbred offspring, but Mark Millair wrote it so...), and has generally been portrayed as pretty independent from Hulk and other male leads.

Cool. Just subscribed to She-Hulk. Mostly to spite that rat bastard, but also because she's green, and smart, and kicks ass. Interesting style in this volume, looks like.

Also, can EA or Warner Bros. please alter the release date of their respective titles, Inquisition and Shadows of Mordor, both on October 7. I need some breathing room between one or the other, thanks. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Cool. Just subscribed to She-Hulk. Mostly to spite that rat bastard, but also because she's green, and smart, and kicks ass. Interesting style in this volume, looks like.

Also, can EA or Warner Bros. please alter the release date of their respective titles, Inquisition and Shadows of Mordor, both on October 7. I need some breathing room between one or the other, thanks. 

I really like the whole courtroom drama series in a comic book thing, its a refreshing change from the usual serious nonsense. 

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The point of She-Hulk was not to give Hulk a sex toy, but to be able to trademark(or copyright) a name similar to one of their characters. Spider-Woman was created for the same reason. The character She-Hulk hasn't had sex with Hulk in canon(only in that alt-universe story where Hulk ends up raping her a lot to pop out inbred offspring, but Mark Millair wrote it so...), and has generally been portrayed as pretty independent from Hulk and other male leads.

If he thinks that female characters created to protect trademark erosion of male superheroes who are cousins to the male hero are designed as sex-objects...

...makes you wonder how he'll introduce Kara Zor-El in the MAN OF STEEL series, dunnit?

:p

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Woops. Thought this was the Dragon Age thread.

Goyer's statements could be an outgrowth of playing too many Bioware Romances*, so I declare it fair game and on topic. :p

*Or perhaps just reading the "Let Hawke romance Bethany" threads during DA2's development

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 5

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If he thinks that female characters created to protect trademark erosion of male superheroes who are cousins to the male hero are designed as sex-objects......makes you wonder how he'll introduce Kara Zor-El in the MAN OF STEEL series, dunnit? :p

In MoS3, Clark leaves Lois to repopulate the Kryptonian race.....with his cousin?

I'd say that sounds crazy, but so is casting Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

lol there's even a Red She-Hulk.

Who is actually the daughter of the Red Hulk.

Awkward.

lol there's even a Red She-Hulk.

Who is actually the daughter of the Red Hulk.

Awkward.

post-296-0-97907300-1400969795_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No oh god why no please

"We are about to attend a costume party," said Ryan Love, senior environment artist on Dragon Age: Inquisition. "Get your mask on and your dancing shoes ready, but don't let your guard down. There's more to this party than meets the eye."

All Stop. On Screen.