Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Saw Interstellar, all I can say is 'shock and awe'.

I've heard it's like what a Kubrick Fantastic Four would be. Is that accurate?

No. It's really not comparable to 2001 other than they are both movies set in space. The plot, ambiance, characters, pretty much everything is different. It is it's own movie. Comparing the two is like comparing 'Django Unchained' and 'The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly'.

I have to compare the two. It's takes on a more optimistic tone, but that's a good thing. I think it addresses the same philosophical questions about human advancement and its possibilities. But where 2001 could be interpreted as the discarding of tools, this one seemed to embrace them.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I didn't mean to ask of it was similar to 2001, I meant was it similar to what a Kubrick directed Fantastic Four would have been. Because that is what I was told.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Fury.

Bunch of propaganda nonsense.

Figured as much from the previews. A number of my historically inept and propaganda yumming up friends loved it though so I guess it's good at what it does.

Edited by Valsuelm

I didn't mean to ask of it was similar to 2001, I meant was it similar to what a Kubrick directed Fantastic Four would have been. Because that is what I was told.

Not in my opinion, for all that can help you.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I think I saw that joke too.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Actor playing Dr Doom in Fox's "Fantastic Four" claims doom I the movie is an antisocial programmer with the online handle of Doom.

They're trying to full on Batman and Robin this one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Actor playing Dr Doom in Fox's "Fantastic Four" claims doom I the movie is an antisocial programmer with the online handle of Doom.

They're trying to full on Batman and Robin this one.

The suit nippples for Doom should be interesting.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with Fantastic Failure is the Honest Trailer.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Simply based on the quality of this season and the game related content, I'd say that Trent and Matt should do a sequel to the South Park game. It is the best season that they had in a while.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with Fantastic Failure is the Honest Trailer.

Fantastic Chronicle sounds so bad I have to wonder if Disney is bribing Trank in hopes the film sucks so bad FOX hands the rights over to Marvel.

Now if only Sony would sell Spidey film rights back so we can have a decent Spider-Man film.

Anyways, I finally got around to watching Thor: The Dark World. Not bad, but bland and probably the weakest of phase 2.

There are some obvious homages to Cubric. like the robot thingies look almost identical to the obilisks from the 2000 - series. The whole gist of the thing, mankind reachíng another level of evolution through a mysterious date flow etc. Anyway that was my first offering when discussing the thing comming out of the cinema. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Fantastic Chronicle sounds so bad I have to wonder if Disney is bribing Trank in hopes the film sucks so bad FOX hands the rights over to Marvel.

Now if only Sony would sell Spidey film rights back so we can have a decent Spider-Man film.

Anyways, I finally got around to watching Thor: The Dark World. Not bad, but bland and probably the weakest of phase 2.

I wonder if T:TDW would have been better had Mads Mikkelson not passed on Malekith to do Hannibal.

I heard rumblings of Sony and Marvel being in talks to tie a Spidey reboot into the MCU.

At least the Doom news has pushed most nerd news from a "wait and see" position to a "ok, this is bad" position.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I wonder if T:TDW would have been better had Mads Mikkelson not passed on Malekith to do Hannibal.

I heard rumblings of Sony and Marvel being in talks to tie a Spidey reboot into the MCU.

At least the Doom news has pushed most nerd news from a "wait and see" position to a "ok, this is bad" position.

I think T:TDW was troubled more by plot than performances.

I have heard something similar, and would love to see Spidey in the MXU where he belongs, wouldn't be surprised if Sony took a payoff.

And it's pretty much been the opinion of most I've encountered that Fantastic F@ckup would be a train wreck way before Doom Blogger. Although I'll admit I find Doom Blogger more funny than revolting.

After Marvel teased Civil War coming to the movies, I read that first six-issue event, where Spidey reveals his identity, then promptly convinced myself this whole thing was Marvel saying without saying it, they've already reclaimed Spider-Man movie rights.     

All Stop. On Screen.

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Fun movie. Would watch a follow up movie.

Also watched the latest RoboCop. Was ok. It's my first RoboCop movie, to be honest. Never watched the originals, because it always sounded way too cheesy for my taste.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My copy of SyFy movie "Stonehenge Apocolypse" arrived this morning! Thanks, Amazon Sunday delivery! The dialogue is terrible, the acting/direction is total cheese, the editing is horrid and the effects are ultra-cheap.

But ... Misha Collins. :wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Interstellar

It was ok. But the ending reeked of studio interference, and in a bad way.

The movie felt like it ended when he saw the white light, all the premises before it seemed to point to that moment....but ofcourse they had to add padding to make everyone feels nice and comfy. Matt Damon was also unnecessary, while the planet itself was not. But the someone had to destroy part of the main station because of plot, i guess.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My copy of SyFy movie "Stonehenge Apocolypse" arrived this morning! Thanks, Amazon Sunday delivery! The dialogue is terrible, the acting/direction is total cheese, the editing is horrid and the effects are ultra-cheap.

But ... Misha Collins. wub.png

Oh god, how can you watch this. I've seen it in free tv and it was worse than the movies of the year 2000s catastrophy movie time.

Not even trying to concentrate on only Misha Collins could save it for me.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

But ... Misha Collins. :wub:

I know the feeling, I watch everything Amber Heard stars in, and most of it is crap (Syrup, Paranoia etc.), still, I can't make myself not watch it :facepalm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.