What you did today

Tale

Most evil company in America Bruce. My payment from the tooth fairy was also suspiciously absent so my working theory at the moment is that it was some kind of heist and that Dragon Age 2 was a hastily put together diversion. 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 3

Decided to give up on my current writing project. I've been too steeped in it to look at what's worth keeping and it's just not going anywhere. I liked the characters, I liked the main plot, I just struggled at figuring out a decent way to get the two together. My protagonist and antagonist spend the first third of the outline doing something totally unrelated to the main plot thread. And after writing my way through a good portion of that I realized it's probably not a good idea. Tried salvaging it over the weekend and all that did is make me realize the entire thing isn't cohesive enough to keep my interest.

Sadly, my original outline was far more cohesive. But it had terrible characters. Hopefully if I move to a different project and come back, I might be able to figure out how to both good characters that happen to work with the plot.

So I'm moving onto another project that I've already got the broad strokes planned out for. And it'll be more lighthearted so I can see if I have a comfort zone with humorous voice. It's about a team of interstellar mercenaries that were formed only so a rich guy could give his son a job. An adventure of heroic delusions, grand conspiracy, and poor business decisions.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Today I made a mutator for Unreal Tournament in class and got a chance to play it for a while. I had forgotten what it felt like playing a fun shooter (Shadow Warrior was last year).

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Got an annoying infection on my finger, I don't even know why or how, there is no visible wound or injury. Every two hours I open it to get all the yucky stuff out, and it smells bad. I'm bombarding the area with iodine lotion but if it doesn't get any better the next few days I'm gonna have to pay the doc a visit. It also hurt like a '&%$ during exercise... :getlost:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It's finger cancer man. You're not long for this world.

am recalling our boss from the short period o' time we were at us attorney office. guy comes into work with his right hand middle-finger heavily wrapped in gauze-- had a little tube sticking out o' the end o' the bandages. apparently the tube were to allow puss and other nastiness drain from his terrible infected digit.  ick. turns out that he got finger lacerated when trying to clear grass from lawnmower. and o'course the mower were running when he tried to clear the grass.  this is from almost twenty years ago, so please recognize that average lawnmower were a bit more primitive and dangerous at the time. 

our boss didn't seem like an idiot, but am guessing we all do extreme stupid stuff from time-to-time. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That sounds almost as much genius as changing the v-belt of a running engine. What could possibly go wrong? 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

It's always fun when a day you had planned out to be intentionally lazy and non-worked focused.. get's interrupted by a stomach bug. >_<

I call your stomach bug and raise with my 2 week holiday (all i got this year) and sinusitis.

When I had sinusitis it was just after a filling which became infected leading to a root canal, but not before the weekend when the dental surgery isn't open, all while I was on my first playthrough of Dragon Age 2.

for there was never yet philosopher
that could endure the toothache patiently,
however they have writ the style of gods,
and made a push at chance and sufferance-- much ado about nothingshakespeare

always pops to mind when we hear of dental issues.

HA! Good Fun!

Oddly enough, my first thought when I hear the word "toothache" is often of that bit from early in Notes from Underground wherein the protagonist posits that there is pleasure in such suffering, because it gives one license to pass suffering on to others by wailing and keeping them up all night. 

I need to read some more cheerful literature, I think...

Last time on what you did today, mkreku gets a package that may or may not be a mail order bride in pieces.

lilpackage_zps2d30c190.jpg

A small package arrived from Hong Kong today. First out of three.

I nearly everyday order stickers for various electronics to be decorated. I love receiving mail, from all over. Then spending a moment opening it, and voila! a new shiney sticker for a laptop or desktop. 

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

It's always fun when a day you had planned out to be intentionally lazy and non-worked focused.. get's interrupted by a stomach bug. >_<

I call your stomach bug and raise with my 2 week holiday (all i got this year) and sinusitis.

When I had sinusitis it was just after a filling which became infected leading to a root canal, but not before the weekend when the dental surgery isn't open, all while I was on my first playthrough of Dragon Age 2.

for there was never yet philosopher
that could endure the toothache patiently,
however they have writ the style of gods,
and made a push at chance and sufferance-- much ado about nothingshakespeare

always pops to mind when we hear of dental issues.

HA! Good Fun!

Oddly enough, my first thought when I hear the word "toothache" is often of that bit from early in Notes from Underground wherein the protagonist posits that there is pleasure in such suffering, because it gives one license to pass suffering on to others by wailing and keeping them up all night. 

I need to read some more cheerful literature, I think...

well, it ain't literature, but this tooth related bit is more likely to make you chuckle... and not in a dark and humorless manner.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Got an annoying infection on my finger, I don't even know why or how, there is no visible wound or injury. Every two hours I open it to get all the yucky stuff out, and it smells bad. I'm bombarding the area with iodine lotion but if it doesn't get any better the next few days I'm gonna have to pay the doc a visit.

If I were you, I'd get to a doctor *now*.

In a not-totally-unrelated topic, I've earned myself a B on the physiology final exam today! (It's kind of a big thing, probably the most important subject in the pre-clinical module and a rather big number of people tend to fail despite their best efforts.)

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

In a not-totally-unrelated topic, I've earned myself a B on the physiology final exam today! (It's kind of a big thing, probably the most important subject in the pre-clinical module and a rather big number of people tend to fail despite their best efforts.)

Congratulations!

Tell me, just about when is the time to start pestering you with PM's about different symptoms that befalls oneself? :D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Congratulations!

Tell me, just about when is the time to start pestering you with PM's about different symptoms that befalls oneself? :D

Thank you very much :)

Well, internet medicine is kind of unreliable at best - I couldn't send you to a lab even if I had the authority, and with no way to conduct a physical examination, I have no way of knowing a lot of really important information. So you are welcome to pester me with PMs at any time, really, 'cause there's about 99% chance that the most solid advice I can give would boil down to "go see your doctor"  :grin:

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

The condition of my finger has improved greatly, oh the wonders of healing.

Today I made a mutator for Unreal Tournament in class and got a chance to play it for a while. I had forgotten what it felt like playing a fun shooter (Shadow Warrior was last year).

Unreal Tournament is one of the best and purest shooters ever. What does the mutator do? Something fun? I remember one mutator that made the pulsegun shoot titan boulders. 

Good to hear :)

Still, if something oozes pus, I generally advise people to get it checked out. Seen too many amputations as an unfortunate consequence of "it's probably gonna be fine on its own".

• Like 1

Thank you very much :)

Well, internet medicine is kind of unreliable at best - I couldn't send you to a lab even if I had the authority, and with no way to conduct a physical examination, I have no way of knowing a lot of really important information. So you are welcome to pester me with PMs at any time, really, 'cause there's about 99% chance that the most solid advice I can give would boil down to "go see your doctor"  :grin:

Aww, what a shame, would save oneself the troubles of walking to the doctors office afterall. Doctors are frickin' scary, man! They send me to the hospital every damn time I see them! :p

Glad to hear it, from your relatively easygoing attitude towards it, I assume it was'nt your triggerfinger? ;D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My doctor says I have "white coat syndrome" which means my blood pressure readings are remarkably unreliable around doctors in white coats...

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Really? That's what its called? It's good to have a name for it, here's to hoping I don't black out and forget to tell hir next time. :D

Glad to hear it, from your relatively easygoing attitude towards it, I assume it was'nt your triggerfinger? ;D

:grin: You are right, it was my left hands index finger. Hey, as long as I can lift weights and shoot a rifle it can't be so dramatic, right?

My doctor says I have "white coat syndrome" which means my blood pressure readings are remarkably unreliable around doctors in white coats...

I have something similar, I'm a relaxed guy but for some reason waiting in a cramped waiting room makes my blood pressure go sky high, waiting stresses me out like nothing else. Of course I always have a blood pressure in the 160's when the doc finally measures it. It returns to normal once I have left the docs office...  :blink:

• Like 1

Got that when I had a mandatory health check in my military service time. I don't understand people whining about it, its just a balls check *shrug*.-  

The old prostate exam was a bit more uncomfortable, I thought.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man