Music... must go on...

Gorth

One of the best covers of Stairway to Heaven. Made Robert Plant cry and even Jimmy Page got emotional.

More classic Heart. Ann and Nancy Wilson really rocked it back in the day. They're still badass.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Heart rocks. That is indeed a good cover of Stairway. Zeppelin is "that" band to me. The band that IF you are not playing it to the nines then don't even try. You need a great vocalist, a great guitarist, and a great drummer to even attempt it. The Wilson's are of the few in the world capable of doing it right. With the right degree of soul, if you will.

This got me wanting to share another classic rock group, and song that uses finger picking. This is just Lindsey Buckingham, but it was a Fleetwood Mac song that he pretty much performs solo at their shows, and he also does it at his solo shows.

• Like 2

I was gonna like your post for this, but this honestly feels so overdone and reminds me very little of Majora's Mask and/or Zelda in general, that I'm not sure if it would be right...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I was gonna like your post for this, but this honestly feels so overdone and reminds me very little of Majora's Mask and/or Zelda in general, that I'm not sure if it would be right...

Wow what a hater!

Theophany's stuff is awesome, that one song is the ONLY one he went out to make on his own and I for one like it. If you want more classic Majora's Mask stuff, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ3CYLU3zTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93C63lAEKwk

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Wow what a hater!

Theophany's stuff is awesome, that one song is the ONLY one he went out to make on his own and I for one like it. If you want more classic Majora's Mask stuff, here:

I guess I just don't like his style all that much, at least for this Zelda stuff. I liked Final Hours well enough, but the source material was slow and fairly low key to begin with - did not like Clocktown. Feels like there's not a lot of dynamics between each instrument, and they're all fighting for dominance between each other. It also reminds me a bit of the Twilight Princess "Twilight Symphony" orchestra release - where everything feels too stinking loud, too high key, and that there's too much going on compared to the source material. I like the relative crudeness and simplicity of the original tunes. I understand that others might want to do something different when making their own versions - especially when using real instruments instead of midi instruments - but similarly, it's very possible I might not like it just because of that!

vs. the simplicity that was, (note the huge length differences, for starters...)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Fitter, happier, more productive,
Comfortable,
Not drinking too much,
Regular exercise at the gym
(Three days a week),
Getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries,
At ease,
Eating well
(No more microwave dinners and saturated fats),
A patient better driver,
A safer car
(Baby smiling in back seat) ...
  • Like 2

So, most bands, if they're lucky, have either a good guitarist, or a good bassist, or a good drummer.  Occassionally you get a special band that does 2 of the 3 things.  Once in a long while you get a band that does all three, at the same time.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

all-time diss rap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRb9PONMeLY

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

One of the best covers of Stairway to Heaven. Made Robert Plant cry and even Jimmy Page got emotional.

that were fantastic. bands covering stairway to heaven is a punchline in 99.9% o' cases, but that were the exception to what we thought were a rule.

and speaking of good covers that surprised the hell outta us,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pb8iLS18wo

mtv "unplugged"? yeah, right. nevertheless, is perhaps the best lead belly cover we has ever heard, and considering just how frequent lead belly has been covered both honest and dishonestly, that is saying something.

HA! Good Fun!

ps and we know this is snarky, but frequent it seems to us as if "stairway to heaven" is one o' maybe five songs led zeppelin didn't steal. unfair? perhaps. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

well... that were a surprise.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2014/05/16/led-zeppelin-is-officially-getting-sued-over-stairway-to-heaven/

so... four songs?

HA! Good Fun!