Procreation is pointless and unethical

dimon3000

I agree.
Children are far too noisy in movies and restaurants and they're unhygienic. Also they constantly watch that horrible live-action Disney stuff. Nothing good can come of that.

I say we do away with the entire business of creating children, which probably involves all sorts of dark magicks and ritual sacrifices. Not the sort of thing any upstanding citizen would involve themselves in.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Is this a thread in favour of only recreational sex?

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I find other people's procreation to be a source of constant irritation. I don't know if this answers your implied question, which I think might be "Why don't girls like me? :("

Nah, just kidding blud, you're sound.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I tell you what, why don't we split into the ayes and nayes, and let reality decide who's right?

Reconvene in 100 years?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I tell you what, why don't we split into the ayes and nayes, and let reality decide who's right?

Reconvene in 100 years?

Pointless. If we stop procreating, the women will spontaneously change gender because of that frog DNA and bone themselves. Life will find a way.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Reconvene in 100 years?

We'll all be dead by then, so wouldn't matter to us, really.  The second point one could put something less ridiculous forward on though, overpopulation and so on.  Which is rather silly, but not completely so.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, we tried not procreating as much for a bit here in Holland, now we're paying through our nose in pensions because there are more old people than young people.

So I guess the only solution is global genocide.

That's more the result of mass-procreation shortly after WW II, then that we really started to decrease it.

I think that's more something going on in China...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Who were the gentlemen who advocated this philosophy, the Cathar's?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't really agree with all you children-haters...

I'm finding this discussion a lot in 40K hobby as well, lots of people are really hating on "children" in the hobby. But then they kind of forget that they themselves were children once, playing 40K. I know for sure I wouldn't think 12-year old me an unworthy opponent in 40K, or chess. But of course there are also annoying children. I would mostly blame stupid parents for that, though.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I understand the logic behind such an assertion.  Some of you might say "but Hurlshot, you have kids, and you spend your days educating the youth!"  That may be, but I am not blind to the problems that our population explosion across the globe is causing.  My main issue with discouraging reproduction is this:

If you win this debate, the only people that will stop procreating are those educated enough to understand your argument.  That leaves two groups to carry on the next generation, those who are ignorant and those who are deliberately rebellious.  Logically this will only hasten the decline of civilization.

From a personal and emotional perspective, I will add that my life was lacking any real purpose until I had children.  What is the point of growth and wisdom if I do not pass it on to the next generation?  Sure, I can share some experience with my students.  I can write a book or create something that will outlast me.  But you really can't beat having your own genetic material and helping to shape it day by day into a functional adult.  

That sounded creepy, but I think you all get the point.   :geek:

• Like 7

Well, we tried not procreating as much for a bit here in Holland, now we're paying through our nose in pensions because there are more old people than young people.

Robots will take care of old people

From a personal and emotional perspective, I will add that my life was lacking any real purpose until I had children.  What is the point of growth and wisdom if I do not pass it on to the next generation?

Your also impose death and suffering on your children. And why should they care about your "wisdom"?

But you really can't beat having your own genetic material and helping to shape it day by day into a functional adult.

It would be more logical to clone yourself. Edited by dimon3000

100% agree with Hurlshot. In practical terms it's a non-starter. The only people who would volunteer are the people who shouldn't. And equally even I can't imagine telling a specific couple they aren't allowed kids.

You try it. Imagine having to go up to two couples you know and saying "I have decided that no matter what happens and how much you love each other, you won't be allowed any kids."

EDITED

malena-morgan_7f0c673f650be2.jpg

Anyone else's genes taking executive control?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This thread is pointless and unethical. Attempting to solve overpopulation and overconsumption of resources by stopping reproduction is a laughable idea.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This thread is pointless and unethical. Attempting to solve overpopulation and overconsumption of resources by stopping reproduction is a laughable idea.

Overpopulation is irrelevant. I'm talking about death, fear and suffering that all conscious beings experience.

Robots will take care of old people

But who will take care of the robots? WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE ROBOTS?

From a personal and emotional perspective, I will add that my life was lacking any real purpose until I had children.  What is the point of growth and wisdom if I do not pass it on to the next generation?

Your also impose death and suffering on your children. And why should they care about your "wisdom"?

"I had to face my fear...that was more important than just going on living...a tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life, there's..."

But you really can't beat having your own genetic material and helping to shape it day by day into a functional adult.

It would be more logical to clone yourself.

If he can't clone his own memory and experience, then we're back at your first complaint that he's imposing death and suffering and wisdom (not sure how those all correlate together, but I'll roll with it) on a "blank slate" entity so not really a good answer under those parameters.

His best option is to be immortal and thus be ever able and eternally available to have plonkers hit him up for wisdom whenever they want at his guru mountain or something...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Any line of reason which negates the reasoner is - so far as I can see - self-negating.

There simply cannot exist any human rationality that advocates the elimination of humans.

-Elwood Blues

From a personal and emotional perspective, I will add that my life was lacking any real purpose until I had children.   

Man, that's sad. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Any line of reason which negates the reasoner is - so far as I can see - self-negating.

There simply cannot exist any human rationality that advocates the elimination of humans.

Jersey Shore

Edit: Forgot you're British. 

Geordie Shore

Edited by Orogun01
  • Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Jersey Shore

Geordie Shore

Unless you are actually in Geordie shore, and think the people in Geordie shore should be destroyed, then that's not exactly relevant. ;p

-Elwood Blues

Jersey Shore

Geordie Shore

Unless you are actually in Geordie shore, and think the people in Geordie shore should be destroyed, then that's not exactly relevant. ;p

Good case for eugenics though.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif