What you did today

Rosbjerg

I'm surprised you can't rent time on racetracks to test your cars in Sweden. You can do it on quite a few tracks in California.  

Hurlshot that's a bit nasty. You know very well that where Azdeus lives in Sweden there are no cars, only horse drawn carriages

:biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Went to the annual Christmas party at my company this Friday. Started with lunch at a really nice restaurant/conference place (idyllically placed near a beautiful lake), followed up by a 4 hour conference that was strangely amusing. It ended with our CEO opening a bottle of beer in front of everyone in the Swedish company (around 120 or so people) and, speaking very slowly, saying "I'll just sip on this for a bit" and then downing the beer. Everyone cheered.

Then it was two hours free time before obligatory dinner. I spent my two hours in the lakeside sauna and diving into the ice covered lake, while the ice-cold storm winds whipped snow all over my semi-naked body (unisex sauna so we had to wear bathing shorts). It was awesome to dive into the raging black waters with the wind howling and only the stars in the sky as a light! Scary too. And cold.

Then we had dinner. Everyone were randomly placed at different tables. I ended up sharing my table with the CEO and three women, none of them particularly cute. Which was annoying since we have a lot of seriously cute ladies in our company. But the food was nice, there was a.. show (if you can call it that) by some of my colleagues and me and the CEO were drinking shots like mad men.

By the time dinner was done, I was already drunk. Then they cleared the middle of the huge room and opened the bar. The bar was maybe 20 meters long all in all and opposite it was a wall made of 5 meter (or so) high windows and a little stage. A live band entered the stage and started playing and after that the party was on full blast!

I danced for nearly 5 hours, drank a lot of unidentified drinks/beer/whisky, took some blurry pics, and generally had a lot of fun. I also finally got to dance with the cutest girl in the company (according to me) that I've been lusting over for a year or so. Lots of weird things happened and everyone was just so happy! It was awesome!

When the bar finally wanted to close, our CEO didn't like it and took the bartender into an adjacent room. After a few minutes he came back out with a champagne bottle in his hands and said, "It's all taken care of" and then the bar stayed open for another couple of hours. Pretty cool. We had gotten drink tickets from the company that we could use up until then, but after this we didn't need them anymore.

When the band finally gave up, I somehow got back to my room and fell asleep with my clothes still on. Even my shoes. 3 hours later my alarm went off and we had to get on the bus for the airport and the plane to take us back home. I was not Tarzan at that point. In fact, I think I was sick until Sunday..

Worth  it.

I was waiting for another ending. I am disappointed.

• Like 1

In much the same way that fighter pilots used to paint iron cross marks under their ****pit*, I have crudely daubed bicycles under mine.

Also walking sticks, prams and wheelchairs, though they aren't strictly applicable to this conversation.

Edit: *goodness me, the bit where the pilot sat.

I'm going to use the word 'gak' to replace it. From now on.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm surprised you can't rent time on racetracks to test your cars in Sweden. You can do it on quite a few tracks in California.  

You need an official racing teams resources behind you to do that, there also are some days when you can get a ticket to do some "racing" on the track, but you're not alone, it's filled with other cars, wich makes it a really bad time to do any actual testing.

There are those benches for testing engines, but they're also prohibitively expensive to use besides being rare.

One of the biggest tuners in Sweden, Maxxtuning has this on their website;

"Precis som de flesta i denna branchen började vi "mappnings" karriären på gatan."

Like most people in this buisiness, we started our careers "mapping" on the street"

The professionals choice. ;P

Hurlshot that's a bit nasty. You know very well that where Azdeus lives in Sweden there are no cars, only horse drawn carriages

:biggrin:

Volvo-Badge.jpg

:bat:

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'd actually say the Finnish rallys are better. Talk about hang time!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Having one of those Xan type "it's all so hopeless why do I even bother" depressive episodes. :p

Don't worry Nep I'm still your friend :dancing:  

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hang in there, Nep. :)

Personally haven't been sleeping too well. Didn't get more than eight hours sleep total over the past four days. I hope I don't start hallucinating again.

Wowzers that doesn't sound pleasant, what is causing that kind of insomnia?

John Milton 

Weather changes coupled with DSPS. I usually deal with it pretty well thanks to light therapy tricking my biological clock but sometimes it gets to me.

Okay thanks for explaining, I didn't know what DSPS was but I looked it up and now know

• Like 1

John Milton 

I'm making a post just see if my badge is showing.

Edit: Oh look, there they are. Hmmm... they kinda take perhaps bit too much space. Side to side would be better instead of bottom to top.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 3

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Edit: Oh look, there they are. Hmmm... they kinda take perhaps bit too much space. Side to side would be better instead of bottom to top.

Wait, how do I get those?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wait, how do I get those?

You go to the Backer site which is now up and running and link it in.

Hm, unfortunately it seems to be having issues at the moment and won't let me "Place my Order". I keep getting the "Error occurred. Try again later" before it dumps me back to the Customer Information page.

Edit: And it finally kicked in.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Busy forum. Busy bee. But now I am quite sleepy.

For most of the rest of this month, my days will hopefully consist of doing as little as possible of that which requires me to do anything remotely related to shopping. It's a madhouse out there, I tell ya. Simply maaaaaaaaddddddd.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Slightly discombobulated by receiving a job offer. I'm really not sure about the firm concerned, in terms of workplace culture. But They actually came back with an additional 10% on the basic for the role which is a serious signal about their honourable intentions.

Hrm...

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

Actually realising its kind of scary that it's been 15 months since Project Eternity started. Various things I'd planned out over that year got disrupted, some unexpected things happened, and I'm trying to figure out what I actually achieved in this past year....

On other matters, that week of general illness has totally put me out of whack for December organisation. Realising I need to rush to get assorted Christmas cards posted to friends and family outside of the country along with a bunch of other similar admin. Also need to spend a day soon getting all the decorations out of the attic and up before it gets silly late to put them up.

Hm, and my sister dropped her laptop off with an email from Dell. She's having issues, her warranty runs out next Wednesday, and Dell's "Support" basically keep sending her technical "try this and this and this and this and this" before they'll actually look at it. I half get the feeling they're trying to get her to waste time till it is out of warranty. But she wants me to try running through those questions and fix it or at least cover enough that Dell will actually do something.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually realising its kind of scary that it's been 15 months since Project Eternity started. Various things I'd planned out over that year got disrupted, some unexpected things happened, and I'm trying to figure out what I actually achieved in this past year....

On other matters, that week of general illness has totally put me out of whack for December organisation. Realising I need to rush to get assorted Christmas cards posted to friends and family outside of the country along with a bunch of other similar admin. Also need to spend a day soon getting all the decorations out of the attic and up before it gets silly late to put them up.

Hm, and my sister dropped her laptop off with an email from Dell. She's having issues, her warranty runs out next Wednesday, and Dell's "Support" basically keep sending her technical "try this and this and this and this and this" before they'll actually look at it. I half get the feeling they're trying to get her to waste time till it is out of warranty. But she wants me to try running through those questions and fix it or at least cover enough that Dell will actually do something.

That's how Dell operates with there warranty but the reality is there support is not good on software problems. So my advice is either get some competent OS person, it may be you, to confirm its not a software issue and if its not then Dell will replace the problematic hardware component. The thing is those laptops do have a fairly good hardware diagnostic program that can be configured to run on startup. So if its hardware this should have been picked up?

John Milton 

If it makes you feel any better this topic came up at work the other day. everyone, and I mean EVERYONE had been thinking this last year has just evaporated like spilled gin.

-Elwood Blues

Hang in there, Nep. :)

Personally haven't been sleeping too well. Didn't get more than eight hours sleep total over the past four days. I hope I don't start hallucinating again.

I had a couple of days like that last spring. That blows.

Feeling a bit better now that I unburdened myself to my boss about my future plans. Still not giving a ****, but now it's in a less depressed way. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif