What you did today

Rosbjerg

Of course, now is the time that we start getting ready to stone all of the "regulars" who turn out not to have these badges... :shifty:

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Things I did today:

Got backers badge after navigating the backers portal.

Huzzah! :dancing:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges .... :cat:

I wonder why the gold ones don't say VIP. The KS page said "gold VIP badge" and the silver ones have the VIP. Instead it says "gold," which isn't as cool sounding. I've been gypped, gypped I say. I may have to sue.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh it's always fun trying to poke at intermittent faults. Especially when they don't show up for you.

Ah, Arsenal's inevitable decline is starting. Screwed up and are pretty much gone from the CL next round :lol:

Also, these badges suck. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh it's always fun trying to poke at intermittent faults. Especially when they don't show up for you.

I'm glad the K doesn't have a circle around it, because then I'd constantly be thinking about Circle-K convenience stores and wanting jerky and a slushie or something.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Biology final, pizza, pondered the origin of "unwise.exe" as the name for uninstall programs. Was someone just dicking around for fun back in the day? Was it some kind of malicious attempt to keep ignorant people from uninstalling their software? Etc.

Bonus fun fact: "dicking," not censored by the naughty word filter. "****y," (i.e. arrogant, "roostery,") censored by the naughty word filter. "****y" is decidedly less offensive than "dicking."

Of course, now is the time that we start getting ready to stone all of the "regulars" who turn out not to have these badges... :shifty:

I was going to act with an inflated sense of self-worth as a result, but then I saw I'm a brown medalist in this competition.

Edited by AGX-17

Been relaxing during my dead week. I'm supposed to be studying but honestly, just about passing out is what I've been able to pull off.

Also: The Heck? Where's my kickstarter/ PE badges? Did I just not get this acct connected to that one? *much grumbling*

Edit: Digging through updates, finally figured it out.

Muuuch better.

Edited by Calax
  • Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I just finished my last final for this semester. Going to relax.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Had some pizza, watched some TV. Then hubs went to bed and I went into my computer room, put on some headphones, and am currently trying really hard not to repeatedly sing along to "Puff the Magic Dragon" - at least not too loudly - but with limited success.

Headphones are great for making your loud music not bother anyone else, but they don't do anything to help against one's out of tune singing.

Bonus fun fact: "dicking," not censored by the naughty word filter. "****y," (i.e. arrogant, "roostery,") censored by the naughty word filter. "****y" is decidedly less offensive than "dicking.

Let's not forget ****tails and ****pit. I mean, even Shirley Temple?!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have one, I just loathe electronic or any other kind of paperwork.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bonus fun fact: "dicking," not censored by the naughty word filter. "****y," (i.e. arrogant, "roostery,") censored by the naughty word filter. "****y" is decidedly less offensive than "dicking.

Let's not forget ****tails and ****pit. I mean, even Shirley Temple?!

I guess it's dicktails and dickpits from now on, then. Can't say that seems much better.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I didn't like the idea that I was forced to use PayPal, so I never pledged. Also, they take up too much screen real estate. Maybe squeeze them in side by side or something.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hm, I never used paypal. I just relied on Amazon for the Kickstarter. I've always avoided paypal.

• Like 1

I didn't like the idea that I was forced to use PayPal, so I never pledged. Also, they take up too much screen real estate. Maybe squeeze them in side by side or something.

Also a reason I never backed it. I don't trust PayPal in the slightest. I do have to agree that the badges are huge eyesores, but with my signature I'm not sure I'm allowed to complain.

Mmmm...you boys are sounding guilty about not pledging and seem to be justifying why you didn't pledge :-  

But I don't think anyone should really care why a person did or didn't pledge. Its a personal choice and it doesn't mean your contribution on the forums isn't as relevant or interesting compared to someone who did pledge. I'm confidant you will purchase the game when its released and that's equally as important from a revenue generating perspective for Obsidian

To be honest I didn't want a specific backers site or these special forums badges. I think it can be a little divisive, I can guarantee you we will get a situation later on during some heated debate around some gameplay component in PoE that someone will say something like " you didn't even back this project so your opinion means nothing"

I prefer a website where everyone is seen as equal and they are all fans of RPGs and Obsidian

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Eh, why didn't you use kickstarter if you don't like paypal?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Completed my 'little' fireworks mortar. That thing weighs 65 kilograms and I named it ''Leichter Gustav''. (Light Gustav) in tribute to the ''Schwerer Gustav'' which was an 800mm railway mortar in  WWII.    :w00t:

884c38f4-f48b-4cf9-a687-e82d06357915_zps

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Biology final, pizza, pondered the origin of "unwise.exe" as the name for uninstall programs. Was someone just dicking around for fun back in the day? Was it some kind of malicious attempt to keep ignorant people from uninstalling their software? Etc.

Wise made installers no ? So, the uninstaller being named unwise is sensible for a punny executable name

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also a reason I never backed it. I don't trust PayPal in the slightest. I do have to agree that the badges are huge eyesores, but with my signature I'm not sure I'm allowed to complain.

Mmmm...you boys are sounding guilty about not pledging and seem to be justifying why you didn't pledge :-  

But I don't think anyone should really care why a person did or didn't pledge. Its a personal choice and it doesn't mean your contribution on the forums isn't as relevant or interesting compared to someone who did pledge. I'm confidant you will purchase the game when its released and that's equally as important from a revenue generating perspective for Obsidian

To be honest I didn't want a specific backers site or these special forums badges. I think it can be a little divisive, I can guarantee you we will get a situation later on during some heated debate around some gameplay component in PoE that someone will say something like " you didn't even back this project so your opinion means nothing"

I prefer a website where everyone is seen as equal and they are all fans of RPGs and Obsidian

I'm not guilty about it. I'm buying it when it comes out anyway. I don't use credit cards so PayPal was my only way to pledge - and I don't trust PayPal. The kickstarter goal had been made already by the time I found out so it's not like my pledge mattered, and this way they can still get some profit out of it. I'm concerned everyone who wants PE already backed it and I think Obsidian deserves better than just being able to budget a game.

Besides the payment issues, while I really love Obsidian, I don't want a realtime with pause game, I've got no interest in that so I did'nt want to go through the bother of getting someone to lend me a creditcard like I did with Wasteland 2.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Balls. My sense of time has been completely out of whack this week. Keep thinking its a different day to what it is, then to top it off was meant to attend a webinar this afternoon but I thought it started an hour later then it did. >_<

I think what's bugging me most about it, is that I went out of my way to have reminders for it. I had my computer, my phone, all beeping away through the morning and noon doing the "Remember, you have X thing at 1430".

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1